MonDay Bases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
+16.92 last UP 82.18 ytd

Monday
Pittsburgh Pirates* +108 vs St Louis Cardinals 100/108 ...This game scares me.I am a Pirates fan and even as well as they are playing and as good of a pen as the 'appear' to have and as well as McDonald has looked with a great start to the season for the Pirates he still has 3.75 ERA overall and a 1.29 ERA in his only home start this season. BUT, Lynn is not having a great start to the season as he brings a 9.00 ERA on the road to this game and the Cards are coming off an extra innings loss against Milwaukee and now have to travel to Pittsburgh to take on this red hot Pirates team. McDonald has a history of success when playing against St Louis. He is 3-1 in his career with a 2.04 ERA and a 1.047 WHIP. Lance Lynn has not been quite as successful when playing against Pittsburgh. Lynn has a 4.70 ERA in his career against the Pirates.Looks to me like the only wat to play this is take another chance on the Pirates

Philadelphia Phillies* -120 vs Cincinnati Reds 120/100 ... not very excited about this game either. Philadelphia offense has been very average this season, ranking 17th in the majors in runs (48), 15th in batting (.258), 16th in on-base percentage (.314) and 15th in slugging (.406). The bats have been especially quiet on the road with a mere 10 runs (one homer) in the past five away games.Phils bullpen has struggled in 2013, posting a 4.64 ERA and 1.45 WHIP due to 17 walks in 33 innings. But one bright lite tonite is Cliff Lee (2-0, 1.08 ERA, 0.60 WHIP) has been the team's best pitcher by a wide margin, allowing just two earned runs in 16.2 innings to start the season. He has struck out 14 batters and walked none in these two starts, holding opponents to a .167 BA and .267 slugging percentage. Lee has also been supported with 10 runs over his first two starts, something he didn't get much of last season when he threw 21 quality starts, but won just six games.and btw, I am still pissed at the reds

like 'em blood but you couldn't be more right when backing phils offense. We Phillies fans know that scary is the word

Last edited:
Washington Nationals* -1 -140 vs Miami Marlins 140/100 a play against Miami as much as a play for the Nats. I am sure there are some negative vibs on the Nats team at the moment I can not lay 80 cents on the road, and could consider the RL either way. Eventually Miami will get luck and score, but still they have only scored more than three runs once in there eleven games. LeBlanc has actually pitched fairly well, and these two teams already faced each other in the season opening series. If LeBlanc makes some adjustments, this may be tuff for the Nats These two pitchers faced each other in that series as well, in a game won by the Nats 6-1. He's been nothing short of consistent, but in what is probably a low scoring game again one could probably make a case fairly easily for the Fish RL. But if u have watched Miami this yr, they are really bad in a lot of positions.

San Diego Padres/Los Angeles Dodgers* Under 7½ -150 150/100 I cant play the Dodgers till they get their shit together but I certainly can play the Under . They areaveraging a little over three runs a game, and since the first homestand their bullpen has been simply awful while Stults was lit up by the Dodgers in Petco last week and hopefully that want happen tonite. Maybe a RL play in SD later if the line move my way

I'm saving the Mets/Rocks game till we see what the weather does

Toronto Blue Jays* -120 vs Chicago White Sox 120/100
Toronto Blue Jays* -1 +116 vs Chicago White Sox 100/116
Chicago White Sox/Toronto Blue Jays* Under 9½ -155 155/100 damn, I wanted play the CWS but just dont have a warm fuzzy feeling. This line has dropped to the pt where it looks like a decent play now value wise. The Chicago White Sox have only won one game on the road so far this year out of 6. Toronto isn't off to a very good start, but I expect the Blue Jays to be a good team before it's all said and done and I feel like it may start tonite. Buerhle has had two very bad starts to start off the season for Toronto, but history says he should bounce back here. Buerhle is a very competitive guy who responds well in big spots, and he'll face his old teammates here.Something to think about,Buehrle played 12 seasons for the Chicago White Sox, standing out as one of baseball's most reliable and consistent pitchers. Now, he'll take the mound against his former team for the first time. Floyd (0-2, 5.56 ERA) and is 2-4 with a 5.70 ERA in seven career starts versus the Blue Jays, though both victories came in his only outings against them last season as he gave up a combined three runs over 13 2-3 innings.

Los Angeles Angels/Minnesota Twins* Over 8 -130/100
Minnesota Twins* +110 50/55 vs Los Angeles Angels except for the 'cold snowy weather, this over looks like a winner, at least to me. Blanton (0-2, 9.00 ERA) gets a third chance at his first win with the Angels. The right-hander struggled greatly Wednesday, surrendering six runs and 10 hits in five innings of an 11-5 loss to Oakland. Correia (0-1, 3.14) has been backed by one run in each of his first two starts.I think the Twins can hit Blanton and help him out tonite

Oakland Athletics* -1 -130 vs Houston Astros 130/100
Houston Astros/Oakland Athletics* Over 6 -195 97/50
Houston Astros/Oakland Athletics* Over 7 -120 60/50...Milone (2-0, 4.50 ERA) has been helped by Oakland's offensive outbursts. He's been backed by 16 runs through two games, and another strong performance could make him the first A's pitcher to win his first three starts prior to the end of April since 1990. A's still have some injury issures @ 2nd,C and left but they continue to get runs.Bedard is 1-2, 7.85 in his last 3 starts.

Thanks for stopping by with the comments gentlemen

mrob, if Phillies dont get their pitching staff up to speed in a hurry, they will be in trouble. I'll take a chance on Lee but right now thats all GL Phillie Fan and GL on the plays tonite

P2W....u know what it means when we agree!! GL pard

Heinekens, Thanks buddy...I wish everyone could put a little reasoning with their plays. I love to read peps opinion on games. I know some dont have time(me to at times), some dont know why and some dont care...and then there are some who dont have a frigging clue but they sure talk a good story LOL I think it would help the newbies to learn to capp sports also
GL

series plays
I didnt see much that turned me on with this set of games

parlay 100/102
Washington Nationals (3 Game Series)* -230 vs Miami Marlins (3 Game Series)
Oakland Athletics (3 Game Series)* -245 vs Houston Astros (3 Game Series)

parlay 10/65
Pittsburgh Pirates (3 Game Series)* +110 vs St. Louis Cardinals (3 Game Series)
San Diego Padres (3 Game Series)* +255 vs Los Angeles Dodgers (3 Game Series)

parlay 100/131
Washington Nationals (3 Game Series)* -230 vs Miami Marlins (3 Game Series)
Toronto Blue Jays (Series 1st 3 Games)* -165 vs Chicago White Sox (Series 1st 3 Games)

Thanks SportsFanatic, Glad we agree on those.

My old man used to tell me...""Son, there is a winner in every game, You just have to find it""

Thats all I am trying to do. Some I win , some I dont , but I capp every game and every total. And I always wish every capper the Best
GL on them all SportsFanatic and I appreciate u stopping by

parlay 100/111
Pittsburgh Pirates* +2½ -255 vs St Louis Cardinals
Philadelphia Phillies* +2½ -490 vs Cincinnati Reds
Washington Nationals* +1½ -390 vs Miami Marlins

parlay 50/70
San Diego Padres* +2½ -240 vs Los Angeles Dodgers
Minnesota Twins* +2½ -250 vs Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Athletics* +2½ -480 vs Houston Astros

parlay 50/155
Chicago White Sox/Toronto Blue Jays* Under 9½ -165
Los Angeles Angels/Minnesota Twins* Over 7½ -145
Houston Astros/Oakland Athletics* Over 6 -195

The Oakland over is a little concerning for me. A's offense not the same once the injury bug hit, Bedard has good career numbers vs the A's

The Oakland over is a little concerning for me. A's offense not the same once the injury bug hit, Bedard has good career numbers vs the A's
yeah, I thought about that and I agree the injuries hurt the Ov but the potential is still there imo for an easy over
Thanks for the input

I liked it as well, who would have thought he had nothing tonight. The way this wacky game is

an interesting fact and one that annoys me to no end is the phils have scored 3 runs or less in roughly half their games the last 2 years

Thanks guys, Not the day we expected. My ole dog (Bear), who I consult with on all of my plays, is very disappointed in the Pirates and he thinks the Phillies are in trouble cause they cant score and they cant pitch. :thinking:

8-4-2 +1.85 for the day Up 84.03 ytd posted

Thanks to all who stopped by with comments

Back