Monday Bases

David Hess

On to some MLB action after I went 3-1-1 in CFB and 3-0 in the NFL over the weekend.

Pittsburgh Pirates vs Colorado Rockies

This one will not be a pitcher's duel, especially with Gray on the mound as he has a 7.88 ERA in 4 home starts this year, with his home starts averaging 15.5 rpg. The Rockies as a team have allowed 8.75 rpg in his home starts, while scoring 6.75 rpg for him at home and they do hit rghties very well at home overall, with a .298 BA vs righties at Coors.

The Pirates are a team that hits better on the road and while they haven't hit well in this park they have more than enough pop to put a hurtin on Gray. AJ Burnett has a 7.36 ERA in his last 3 starts and he has allowed 13 ERs total in his last 2 starts on the road. I can see the Rockies getting to him for some runs here.

Play Pittsburgh/ Colorado Over 10.5

Arizona Diamondbacks vs LA Dodgers

Jhoulys Chacin has made just 3 starts this year and has a 2.95 ERA in those starts, but I see him allowing some runs in this one vs an LA team that he has a 6.02 ERA in his last 8 starts vs. The Dodgers are not a great offensive team, but they do average 4.22 rpg at home.

Brett Anderson has a 4.00 ERA at home for the year and his home starts have averaged 8.2 rpg, with his home games going over the total in 10 of the 15 starts. In his last start here vs the DBacks he allowed 4 ERs in 5 innings and that game saw 13 runs scored overall. The DBacks have averaged 4.38 rpg on the road this year and should get to Anderson for a few.

The Over is 8-3-1 the last 12 meetings in LA and that is the way I will head with this one.

Play Arizona/ LA Dodgers Over 7.5

GLA

Back