Monday bases

tuckfexas

Pretty much a regular
Well took it in the ass more than Horse Boy Johnny this past week, that flamer on the Kentucky Derby broadcast. No don't think that is possible, that guy has a dick in his ass 24/7 I'm thinkin, ha. Anyway not gonna let it bother me, will get em this week. I know in February when shit hit the fan, and I got drilled, I kind of let the losses get to me too much. Not gonna let that happen here. Did get called an idiot today, saw that in my post when I got home. Well you know sometimes you take a big shot, and it doesn't work out, it happens. Like Memphis over Kansas in the title game in hoops, oh man I rolled 10 k on that game, and Rose couldn't hit a free throw, nobody could. Memphis dominated the whole way and blew it cuz they couldn't make a free throw late. Chalmers for 3, yep dick in the ass, horse boy Johnny, ha. Well anyway was thinking about football at work since baseball sucked, and thinking about the Blackshirts how good they may be, I think pretty good this year. Then I made my all time Husker defense, ha, pretty stupid to put this up nobody cares. But here it is anyway, just skip over to the picks if your reading, lol.

All time Husker defense, oh yeah the best baby the fucking shirts, bow down to these mothafuckas, step the fuck off.

DE- Grant Wistrom, he was great, started from day one as a true freshman, had a nice career with the Rams as well.

DT- Ndamukong Suh, damn near won the Heisman at DT, now that is nuts. That Big 12 title game where he was throwin Texas O-linemen like girls was great too bad our offense sucked so bad we didn't win.

DT- Jason Peter, he was a crazy fucking white boy, like me, ha had some issues like I do. The leader of the mid 90's defenses that wrecked shop. If you were fuckin up he would kick your ass in the locker room. He got NFL money and went crazy on the drugs he was doing everything, meth, coke, weed, heroin, drinking, yeah he wrecked his career quick. Could have been good, but he lost it, ha. Can't say I wouldn't do the same thing if somebody paid me millions.

DE- Trev Alberts, he was the sack machine, coming off the edge couldn't stop him. Really sucked ass in the NFL, got picked 6 by the Colts in the 1st round, a real bust there. I'm not talking NFL though just college for the Huskers.

LB- Terrell Farley, he was just a great football player, not very big a small guy, I remember on campus I saw him, and was like damn he is pretty fucking small. But he was a terror on the field, another mid 90's guy.

LB- Carlos Polk, this was more late 90's, the beast in the middle, fuck he was a big motherfucker, that would bring the pain. Had a good career with the Chargers in the NFL, guess he didn't last long in the NFL

LB- Lavonte David- We missed him the last 2 years, one of the best we ever had. Now with Tampa in the NFL he is tearing shit up. Shit he is one of the top LB's in the league now.

CB- Tyrone Williams, He was a thug, pulled drive by's in the off season, ha, he didn't end up getting charged with that though. I think that may be our problem we don't have enough thugs on the team now, ha, could be. Too many nice guys now. He had a real nice career with Green Bay as well.

S- Mike Brown- the smartest player we ever had, he could diagnose a play, and know where the QB was going faster than anybody, a ball hawking safety. Then when he picked it, that shit was goin to the house. I remember with the Bears he had, it was either 4 or 5 games in a row where he had a TD one year, ha. I was watching it like I'll be damned fucking Mike did it again. He was a damn good runner when he would pick something off, just weave back and forth to the end zone.

S- Toby Wright- some would argue with this pick, but he was the shit. Just a hard pipe hitting safety, your life was in danger going across the middle. Hardest hitter ever. This is kind of funny, but maybe not for most of you, for me it is cuz I was there. Toby came in for his 1st game he was running with the 2nd unit in his true Freshman year, we were up by maybe 50 points in the 3rd quarter vs Utah St, and I was sitting there with my brother in the end zone, and I said watch this Toby Wright guy they say he is a hard hitter. Then the 3rd play he was in there, Utah St had a 3rd and 15, and they tried throwing one over the middle at the sticks about. The Utah St player went up and caught it, the throw was high, and Toby just had him measured was running right at him. He just fucking lit him up, the ball went flying, and the Utah St player's helmet went flying off, then the Utah St player flew into the ref and broke his leg, ha, the ref's leg just snapped in half. That was the funniest shit, and craziest shit I have ever seen, ha, I was lmao in the end zone. Don't go over the middle on Toby, look the fuck out. I would like to get that on youtube, but I looked couldn't find it. Well that was a long time ago, now if that happened it would get 10 million hits on there.

CB- Barron Miles- A lockdown corner, him and Tyrone played on the same team, in the mid 90's, oh man, you couldn't throw anything to the receivers back then. Had to dump to the RB, or throw to a tight end. He didn't have a good pro career though, played with the Steelers for a bit.

Man I have wrote a book here. Fuck nobody cares about my Husker all time defensive team I'm sure, lol. I had a good time thinking about it anyway at work when I was checking in the freight, that is mindless boredom, my mind starts drifting then, so anyway I don't give a fuck what you think, this is my thread I will drunk ramble about what I want.

The picks so far anyway, here they are. I wrote all this while I was waiting to get my bets in totally. The 500 and wait a half hour, ha, yeah they better be fucking scared god damn it, I'm coming with 1 k so look out. That does seem silly to me how they make me wait, I could see if somebody was trying to get down 10 k.

The first pick of the day, have 2 so far

Chi Sox +115 at Cubs, risking 869.56 to win 1000

Think Quintana is the better pitcher, and the Sox have the better offense by far, no doubt there. I mean so far Quintana hasn't been outstanding, not all that good, but he has been facing some good offenses lately. Think he will pitch real well vs the Cubs. He has better numbers than Smardzija does in the last 2 years going back, and that is in the AL, and in a more hitterish park, US Cellular is more hitterish than Wrigley. Seems like the White Sox should be favored to me, we'll see I guess.

KC at Pads under 6.5 -111, risking 1110 to win 1000

Ventura is a beast no doubt. Rocket fire there, straight gas. Doubt the Pads will get to him, they blow seriously hitting. Stults well you could fucking say he is struggling and it is all over, the wheels have fallen off and he's terrible, ha, that is what this ESPN analyst was saying, fucking dumb ass. It was cuz he has been on the road, that is why he has sucked. He had two home starts one went real well vs the Giants the other not so well vs the Rockies, but this isn't the Rocks here coming in, the Royals are not hitting, Stults will be fine in this game. Figure we have a 1-0 or 2-1 final here. Ha that guy at ESPN overreacting, I was reading that like what the hell, you expect him to get lit up at home vs the Royals, lol, that isn't happening. He was like stay away from Stults in this match up vs the Royals they may tee off, ha, KC isn't teeing off on anybody, unless you are a total bum.

May add another one will see.

Shit just read through this. I wrote a book. Well when your waiting for 30 minutes to put in your bets that is what happens.

I will have to say I was kind of an idiot betting that much on the Marlins -1.5, but it took everything lining up right for the Dodgers to pull it off. First they needed Fernandez to not be on top of his game, which he wasn't he walked 4 guys I think, which he never does. Then it took Fife's retarded ass to throw a decent game vs a team that has been raking out of control. He did as best as he could, so fuck it all came together for the Dodgers today. Most days that would be a 7-1 Marlins win, but I got the fucking retard day where everything worked out for the Dodgers, oh well.

Good money management on my part, just throwing down over 4 k on one game. Well, shit it is a fucking battle, and I will throw when I Feel it. Still looking a bit at some games, may add another, not sure. May just wait til tomorrow to add on.

Cali Chrome is -150 to win the Preakness at 5 dimes. I would say that is a safe bet. Guess don't know if there are any serious challengers coming in. Not sure I wanna lay -150, but I doubt he will lose this one, think the loss will come in the Belmont probably. Shit this happens over and over, win the Derby and Preakness, then lose the Belmont.

Suppose I'm out, was thinking a little about the Marlins and the Brewers, not too sure though if I should go there. Fuck, Niese is dealing right now, but the Marlins are hitting big time, so not sure if he can come out of that in good shape. That Bolsinger sucks, but taking Garza isn't my best option either. I wonder if Gibson can get it going again, probably not I suppose. Better lay off that game.

Tuck, you took one to the chin. It knocked you down but it didn't knock you out, you'll get it back bro. That's all apart of the game we play when we roll the dice. Win small, lose big. Lets fuckin get it tonight!

Cali Chrome is -150 to win the Preakness at 5 dimes. I would say that is a safe bet. Guess don't know if there are any serious challengers coming in. Not sure I wanna lay -150, but I doubt he will lose this one, think the loss will come in the Belmont probably. Shit this happens over and over, win the Derby and Preakness, then lose the Belmont.

Don't know if Danza is running but he got bumped out of the gate and then banged hard a few strides later and recovered enough for third....not sure if he is good enough to beat chrome but unbumped he would have been right there for the derby...imo

Well took it in the ass more than Horse Boy Johnny this past week, that flamer on the Kentucky Derby broadcast. No don't think that is possible, that guy has a dick in his ass 24/7 I'm thinkin, ha. Anyway not gonna let it bother me, will get em this week. I know in February when shit hit the fan, and I got drilled, I kind of let the losses get to me too much. Not gonna let that happen here. Did get called an idiot today, saw that in my post when I got home. Well you know sometimes you take a big shot, and it doesn't work out, it happens. Like Memphis over Kansas in the title game in hoops, oh man I rolled 10 k on that game, and Rose couldn't hit a free throw, nobody could. Memphis dominated the whole way and blew it cuz they couldn't make a free throw late. Chalmers for 3, yep dick in the ass, horse boy Johnny, ha. Well anyway was thinking about football at work since baseball sucked, and thinking about the Blackshirts how good they may be, I think pretty good this year. Then I made my all time Husker defense, ha, pretty stupid to put this up nobody cares. But here it is anyway, just skip over to the picks if your reading, lol.

All time Husker defense, oh yeah the best baby the fucking shirts, bow down to these mothafuckas, step the fuck off.

DE- Grant Wistrom, he was great, started from day one as a true freshman, had a nice career with the Rams as well.

DT- Ndamukong Suh, damn near won the Heisman at DT, now that is nuts. That Big 12 title game where he was throwin Texas O-linemen like girls was great too bad our offense sucked so bad we didn't win.

DT- Jason Peter, he was a crazy fucking white boy, like me, ha had some issues like I do. The leader of the mid 90's defenses that wrecked shop. If you were fuckin up he would kick your ass in the locker room. He got NFL money and went crazy on the drugs he was doing everything, meth, coke, weed, heroin, drinking, yeah he wrecked his career quick. Could have been good, but he lost it, ha. Can't say I wouldn't do the same thing if somebody paid me millions.

DE- Trev Alberts, he was the sack machine, coming off the edge couldn't stop him. Really sucked ass in the NFL, got picked 6 by the Colts in the 1st round, a real bust there. I'm not talking NFL though just college for the Huskers.

LB- Terrell Farley, he was just a great football player, not very big a small guy, I remember on campus I saw him, and was like damn he is pretty fucking small. But he was a terror on the field, another mid 90's guy.

LB- Carlos Polk, this was more late 90's, the beast in the middle, fuck he was a big motherfucker, that would bring the pain. Had a good career with the Chargers in the NFL, guess he didn't last long in the NFL

LB- Lavonte David- We missed him the last 2 years, one of the best we ever had. Now with Tampa in the NFL he is tearing shit up. Shit he is one of the top LB's in the league now.

CB- Tyrone Williams, He was a thug, pulled drive by's in the off season, ha, he didn't end up getting charged with that though. I think that may be our problem we don't have enough thugs on the team now, ha, could be. Too many nice guys now. He had a real nice career with Green Bay as well.

S- Mike Brown- the smartest player we ever had, he could diagnose a play, and know where the QB was going faster than anybody, a ball hawking safety. Then when he picked it, that shit was goin to the house. I remember with the Bears he had, it was either 4 or 5 games in a row where he had a TD one year, ha. I was watching it like I'll be damned fucking Mike did it again. He was a damn good runner when he would pick something off, just weave back and forth to the end zone.

S- Toby Wright- some would argue with this pick, but he was the shit. Just a hard pipe hitting safety, your life was in danger going across the middle. Hardest hitter ever. This is kind of funny, but maybe not for most of you, for me it is cuz I was there. Toby came in for his 1st game he was running with the 2nd unit in his true Freshman year, we were up by maybe 50 points in the 3rd quarter vs Utah St, and I was sitting there with my brother in the end zone, and I said watch this Toby Wright guy they say he is a hard hitter. Then the 3rd play he was in there, Utah St had a 3rd and 15, and they tried throwing one over the middle at the sticks about. The Utah St player went up and caught it, the throw was high, and Toby just had him measured was running right at him. He just fucking lit him up, the ball went flying, and the Utah St player's helmet went flying off, then the Utah St player flew into the ref and broke his leg, ha, the ref's leg just snapped in half. That was the funniest shit, and craziest shit I have ever seen, ha, I was lmao in the end zone. Don't go over the middle on Toby, look the fuck out. I would like to get that on youtube, but I looked couldn't find it. Well that was a long time ago, now if that happened it would get 10 million hits on there.

CB- Barron Miles- A lockdown corner, him and Tyrone played on the same team, in the mid 90's, oh man, you couldn't throw anything to the receivers back then. Had to dump to the RB, or throw to a tight end. He didn't have a good pro career though, played with the Steelers for a bit.

Man I have wrote a book here. Fuck nobody cares about my Husker all time defensive team I'm sure, lol. I had a good time thinking about it anyway at work when I was checking in the freight, that is mindless boredom, my mind starts drifting then, so anyway I don't give a fuck what you think, this is my thread I will drunk ramble about what I want.

The picks so far anyway, here they are. I wrote all this while I was waiting to get my bets in totally. The 500 and wait a half hour, ha, yeah they better be fucking scared god damn it, I'm coming with 1 k so look out. That does seem silly to me how they make me wait, I could see if somebody was trying to get down 10 k.

The first pick of the day, have 2 so far

Chi Sox +115 at Cubs, risking 869.56 to win 1000

Think Quintana is the better pitcher, and the Sox have the better offense by far, no doubt there. I mean so far Quintana hasn't been outstanding, not all that good, but he has been facing some good offenses lately. Think he will pitch real well vs the Cubs. He has better numbers than Smardzija does in the last 2 years going back, and that is in the AL, and in a more hitterish park, US Cellular is more hitterish than Wrigley. Seems like the White Sox should be favored to me, we'll see I guess.

KC at Pads under 6.5 -111, risking 1110 to win 1000

Ventura is a beast no doubt. Rocket fire there, straight gas. Doubt the Pads will get to him, they blow seriously hitting. Stults well you could fucking say he is struggling and it is all over, the wheels have fallen off and he's terrible, ha, that is what this ESPN analyst was saying, fucking dumb ass. It was cuz he has been on the road, that is why he has sucked. He had two home starts one went real well vs the Giants the other not so well vs the Rockies, but this isn't the Rocks here coming in, the Royals are not hitting, Stults will be fine in this game. Figure we have a 1-0 or 2-1 final here. Ha that guy at ESPN overreacting, I was reading that like what the hell, you expect him to get lit up at home vs the Royals, lol, that isn't happening. He was like stay away from Stults in this match up vs the Royals they may tee off, ha, KC isn't teeing off on anybody, unless you are a total bum.

May add another one will see.

Lots of names not even mentioned here which quickly come to mind....Bullock...Booker...Walker...Minter...Ruud...Thomas...Novak...Smith...Ralph Brown

Hey Tuckfexas....you usually play the -1...which you would have pushed yesterday. Why the change in strategy on the biggie yesterday? Because of the plus money?

BOL today and thanks as always for the writeup.

Yeah keyknee, that was rough, should have laid the -1, damn it. Fuck everything just came up perfect for the Dodgers Sunday. Still say most days that game is 7-1 or 7-2 something like that.

BJ yeah maybe Danza could pull off the upset. Chrome looks pretty damn dominating though, and real late he just kind of let him pull up the jockey did. Think he could have finished stronger if the jockey asked him. Well guess that was pretty late when they just kind of pulled up and cantered in. Gonna have to watch it some more times.

Yeah EMG, those are some good ones there. I probably should have put in Mike Minter at safety over Toby Wright. Minter he was the gun show, man that guy was strong as a lineman. Neil Smith he was a beast, but I think he was better in the pros. Well I don't know I mean he was great in college too, but I think in college Grant Wistrom and Trev Alberts were better. That is debatable for sure. Trev he was the man in college, got picked 6th and was a total bust ha.

Yeah play ball, that was a mistake, a big one. Took the chance at the home run for the big + money. Was a stupid risk, don't know what I was thinking. Well I was blacked out drunk, and feeling bold, lol, bold and stupid I guess, risky anyway.

Thanks UT.

Added another one

Mets at Marlins -1, +118 risking 847.46 to win 1000

Think Niese will run into some trouble here. He has been pitching over his head, and now here come the red hot Marlins in Miami, uh oh. Niese hasn't ever been that great, sort of average I guess. Saw where Stanton has rocked him too, 7-18 with 2 homers, that could be a problem with how Stanton is hitting. Eovaldi is rolling right now, and unlike Niese he has the talent to keep it up. Some serious gas 96 mph usually right around there or 97. So I like the Marlins, didn't wanna lay the -127, just in case the Niese roll continues. So if Marlins win by 1, oh well, a push.

Looking at more.

Added another one

LA -120 for the 1st 5 innings, risking 1200 to win 1000 at Nats

I'm not sure what the deal is with Zimmerman, but he doesn't look the same to me. We'll see maybe he will get it going, he is usually pretty solid. Guess his last one was good at Houston, but who the hell cares about that, I don't ha, the Astros. Saw where he has been hit around by several Dodgers, limited at bats, but may be something here. Crawford 3-8 with a double, Ethier 3-10, Gonzalez 4-12 with a double, then we have the 2 big problems for Zimmerman, Kemp 5-12 a double and 2 homers, Ramirez 9-20 a double and a homer. So the Dodgers are hot hitting, and 5 guys in the lineup are hitting over .300 on Zimmerman. That isn't good for the Nats considering Greinke is rollin out of control. Greinke has now gone 18 straight starts going at least 5 innings, without allowing more than 2 runs, that is pretty great, lol, whoa. Not risking it with stupid ass Jansen late I don't trust that guy to close out the win on the road.

The Nats also are without Ryan Zimmerman and Harper, that has been going for a while now, and their offense isn't quite as prolific without em. Defensively too, those 2 guys are real good on defense.

The Husker all-time greats thread...good read, tuck. :shake:

Hey, so yesterday's Doyers/Fish game. I know its in hindsight, but, I was gonna post in your thread yesterday. Something actually came up in the middle of typing up a post in your thread, but, by the time I got back to it the game had already started.

Anyway, was gonna tell you regarding Fife... He has pitched well when called upon by the Doyers. His ERA in the bigs (prior to yesterday) was 3.49. I know you were looking at his current numbers in the minors and you gotta be careful with that. The Dodgers AAA affiliate, the Albuquerque Isotopes, host their games in the best hitters park in all of AAA baseball at Isotopes Park, which is kinda like pitching at Coors Field a decade ago (pre-humidor). There are also several other hitter friendly parks the Isotopes play in within the AAA Pacific Coast League.

Here's one paragraph from the article I'll post the link for as well, goes into pretty good detail of breaking down the numbers...

"At Triple-A, the PCL has been much more of a hitters' league than the International League. This was fueled by a higher batting averages as well as greater walk and home run rates. Stadiums such as the hitter-friendly Isotopes Park (Albuquerque), Aces Ballpark (Reno) and Security Service Field (Colorado Springs) were big contributors to those numbers."

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130225&content_id=41998650&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

Yeah Karl I did know about that how the PCL is way more hitterish than the International league. Still you shouldn't be getting whacked around to the tune of a 6 ERA down there vs minor league hitters. Could understand and see how he could do well if he was doing decent down there like 3.5 ERA or so something like that. But yeah, you do make a good point about in the past he has been okay for em, just looking at lately I thought well he will probably suck ass.

With the International league, I like to see and ERA in the 2's to be a success in the majors, and real low batting averages. With the PCL if I see somebody come up that is in the 3's in ERA, the guy can do well. Fuck if they have like a 4.5 ERA or higher in minors, then I am betting against em regardless what league they were pitching in.

With a guy like Fife though (3.49 career ERA in the majors) I would personally go based on his numbers in the bigs over whatever numbers he is showing while pitching in the most hitter friendly park in all of AAA.

Thought a little about taking the Giants team total over 3.5, just cuz Locke has been struggling so bad in the minors this year, but he did do a decent job last year, a lot of walks though, man a shitload of walks. But the Giants aren't exactly lighting up the scoreboard lately, so gonna take a pass. Wouldn't want to bet the Giants to win cuz Petit is a ?, not sure what will happen with him tonight.

Yeah I see your point on Fife there kowboy, guess I would rather look at what he is doing currently, but who knows, maybe I fucked up, ha.

Thanks Play.

Still kind of looking at a couple later games, not sure if I will add on another yet.

Added another one

Texas at Colorado, -109, risking 1090 to win 1000

The Rocks are raking, top offense in the majors. Really kicking ass at home too, and coming off a loss at home, so I like em. Every time they have lost a game at home this year they kick ass the next game. Undefeated so far in that situation. Plus Lyles is dealing, I can't really believe it, cuz he sucked so bad with Houston, but this year everything is working. Well I figure even if he sucks ass like he did with Houston, the Rocks could still break out the sticks and win it for me anyway being at home. They have a great home record, so at -109 that seems like a steal to me, especially off the home loss, cuz then they bear down the next game.

Need to get more vodka, I'm out damn it. I'm still thinking about taking the Angels maybe at a -1, but not sure about that. The Yanks are kind of scuffling, and there is no comparison in the line ups, the old guys for the Yanks, they ain't what they used to be. No Trout or Pujols in the Yanks lineup no, ha, no way. Well will think about it when I get back.

Ha fuck, two 2 run homers for the Mets and the Nats, fucking great. Looks like you just need to fade me to the winnings now. Shit I am sucking ass lately. Guess I can hope Zimmerman or Niese one of em fucks up so I go 1-1 on these. Getting down 2 runs right away in both, shit, not gonna win both games for sure. Maybe the Dodger game will get rained out, it is coming down.

Added on another one, hope that Dodgers game gets rained out. Marlins will have to rally late, suppose they could do it, the Mets pen is vulnerable for sure, especially on the road vs a hot hitting team. White Sox are up at least 1-0, wooo, got something going right.

Yanks at Angels -1, -107 risking 1070 to win 1000

Taking the proven big league starter in Weaver, over the spot starter and normally reliever Phelps. Fuck doesn't seem like a tough call, have the better sticks too with the Angels bats, and I'm at home. Not sure what there is to like about the Yanks tonight, hell they don't even have Beltran in there tonight in the clean up spot, he is out, guess just a rest day for him. We'll see but the Yanks seem to be in big trouble to me.

Looks like the White Sox may add on, so that's good. Just keep the rain coming in D.C.

Woooo, Marlins have something brewing now, 2 on nobody out. Maybe the Marlins will start cracking heads now.

Boom, Arenado with a blast Rocks lead 2-0, man don't fuck with the Rocks this year at home, off a home loss. They are busting mothafuckas up after they lose a home game, and then they are at home again. Well really the Rocks at home are gonna be a great bet always, unless they are juiced up.

Man I was thinking about Broderick Thomas since emg brought him up. He was really good as well. He was the most shit talking player we ever had. He would always talk about how we're gonna kick Oklahoma's ass, just spank em, and then Oklahoma would roll our ass, ha, that sucked. I think he made a fucking rap one year that was on the radio, when Oklahoma was playing in Lincoln, ha, then they kicked our ass in Lincoln. We broke out the all red uniforms, what a debacle. Keith Jackson rolled on us for Oklahoma, that big beast.

Well looks like a small win at best. Fuckin old ass Jeter just got a double, so that game is up in the air. Fucking Ventura gave up a 3 run homer, ouch, was looking okay on those unders until that happened. Oh the fuck well, looks like a small win or a push, well I don't know could be a loss now maybe. Fuck I don't know, I got to sleep, fucking 3 am is coming up soon, early wake up for me. This baseball lately has been kind of tough to predict. Well there we go Yanks tie it, great, suppose the best I can hope for there is a push.

Back