Monday bases: thoughts & plays

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
I think I'll slowly return to action tonight or tomorrow. The thing is, I went 7-4 since I was gone, and if I counted all my leans in I would have gone something like 17-9, which is solid. I think (hope) I got my feeling back.

At first glance, I like the Phillies, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Adam Eaton, the thing is the White Sox barely took 1 out of 3 from the Astros, you know what kind of a big slump the team is in when they can't beat the Astros at US Cellular field.

To add to that (the lack of chemistry in the team and total disarray when offense is concerned, most "big guns" hitting waaay below .300 and missing any kind of "clutch" instinct), they're missing Cintron, Crede, Erstad, Owens, which means their lineup is depleted as well.

The question is, how fired up will the Phillies be after that shocking defeat last night, I hope they'll want to wash out the bitter taste.

Still thinking about this one, but they are one of my leans.

Also Seattle at this price looks great. I think Cleveland will regress a bit after having these monster runs and a great record, I expect them to go on a small downtrend. Baek is underrated a bit, even though both pitchers are hittable and the over seems to be the most obvious play, I can't see passed Mariner value.

small lean Toronto but I'm not sure if I can go against Morris at this point.

Share your thoughts :shake:

good luck tonight. :cheers:

Does jet lag hinder the Mets today, they are flying from Detroit so not sure what jet lag will do to them tonight.

If you can figure out this Phils team, youre a smarter man than me.

Take a look at their last 15 games or so -

They sweep the Braves in Atlanta
They come home and get swept by Arizona, losing two games they shouldve won because of shitty fundamentals and trademark Phillie "Un-clutchness"
They get rocked 13-0 by the Giants
They win the next two against the Giants
They get rocked 8-1 against the Giants
They sweep the Mets at New York allowing a total of 7 runs the whole series.
They get stomped by the Royals in an inevitable let down game, losing the supposed 'missing piece' (at the beginning of the year) of their starting rotation in the process.
They shut out the Royals on three hits.
They get absolutely fisted by the worst team in baseball, allowing 17 runs to a team thats hitting .249 collectively.

Oh and in the middle of all this they somehow thought it was a good idea to bring Joe fucking Table back into the fold - shoot me now.

All that being said, I do like them today!

:36_11_6:

well Smokedawg you're right. And I can't figure out this team at all. But what I can figure out are these White Sox. They're just AWFUL. And considering the absentees, total lack of chemistry in the team and the lack of any kind of offense, this team just isn't playing baseball at the moment.

think you are right about cleveland. they're a team with lots of offense but that usually comes all at once from their entire team it seems. but none of their bats really strike fear into other teams except for Hafner and Sizemore

I've got a strange feeling that the White Sox will rebound soon. Very soon. Don't ask me how, but I see them going on a streak, similar to that one that the Yankees are riding atm. Phillies are completely lost as a team. Like a big fish you've just caught and who's jumping like crazy inside the net, trying to escape but doing not much except slowly dying. That's how I see them so far this season. They had several sparks so far but the team lacks something strong which will keep them going for a while. And it has very little to do with Ryan Howard...

About the whole Monday card - I'm going to skip it as I've already said this morning and start capping the Tuesday one. There are so many interesting matchups tomorow, so I'm just going to see what happens today and play something tomorow.

BOL! :cheers:

I think I'll take a break today after all. The thing is, the card is super mega weak.

in short:

>I can't lay chalk with Eaton, I've been waiting for the White Sox to start hitting and with my luck they'll start hitting today, and Vasquez isn't a bad pitcher at all.

>At first I thought there's value in taking Seattle but they travel across country and actually the price is fair. Whether Cleveland shows up or not, that's a toss up, but I can't take either side here, nor the total.

>Laying big chalk with Zambrano? Taking Woody Williams at any price? Cubs v Houston, two of the lousiest teams ever. Plus a ton of possible absentees, both sides.

>can't lay chalk on SF, who haven't scored in ages, Bonds is cold, the whole team isn't clicking. But can't go against Morris either, this guy has been brilliant. Towers, on the other hand, hasn't.

>Dodgers v Mets. El Duque isn't a Cy Young kind of pitcher even though so far he was great. Wolf on the other hand is solid but the Dodgers aren't hitting at the moment. No bet.

Skipping the card, tomorrow looks like a rather good one. Cheers.

I think I'll take a break today after all. The thing is, the card is super mega weak.

in short:

>I can't lay chalk with Eaton, I've been waiting for the White Sox to start hitting and with my luck they'll start hitting today, and Vasquez isn't a bad pitcher at all.

>At first I thought there's value in taking Seattle but they travel across country and actually the price is fair. Whether Cleveland shows up or not, that's a toss up, but I can't take either side here, nor the total.

>Laying big chalk with Zambrano? Taking Woody Williams at any price? Cubs v Houston, two of the lousiest teams ever. Plus a ton of possible absentees, both sides.

>can't lay chalk on SF, who haven't scored in ages, Bonds is cold, the whole team isn't clicking. But can't go against Morris either, this guy has been brilliant. Towers, on the other hand, hasn't.

>Dodgers v Mets. El Duque isn't a Cy Young kind of pitcher even though so far he was great. Wolf on the other hand is solid but the Dodgers aren't hitting at the moment. No bet.

Skipping the card, tomorrow looks like a rather good one. Cheers.

I am torn really, don't know what I want to do today with the very weak card. I am on the Mets, I will roll with that game but can't decide if I want to bet 1 more (Seattle).

There is no way I can lay chalk with Eaton unless he is pitching vs the Mets.

You have to be crazy or have a cyrstal ball to bet on Zambrano at that price

I would love to back Morris but seriously, guy is 2-2 in his last 4 and given up 4er total. No run support and Giants have been shutout two straight days.

Looking forward to Tuesday already!

think you are right about cleveland. they're a team with lots of offense but that usually comes all at once from their entire team it seems. but none of their bats really strike fear into other teams except for Hafner and Sizemore

Victor Martinez??

Victor Martinez??

He's put up good #'s but nothing scary and is ON PACE for great #'s this year but this year's yet to be over. He's still getting better and shouldn't strike fear into opposing pitchers just yet, if he hasn't established it, atleast in my opinion. otherwise you could say Brady Anderson shouldve been a feared hitter after he had a 50 HR year right?

He's put up good #'s but nothing scary and is ON PACE for great #'s this year but this year's yet to be over. He's still getting better and shouldn't strike fear into opposing pitchers just yet, if he hasn't established it, atleast in my opinion. otherwise you could say Brady Anderson shouldve been a feared hitter after he had a 50 HR year right?

The juice was loose buddy, how come no one asks how that chump hit 50hr.

The juice was loose buddy, how come no one asks how that chump hit 50hr.

In 2004, Anderson was inducted into the Baltimore Orioles Hall of Fame. Also during that year, fellow ex-Oriole Jim Palmer stated in an interview that Anderson's sudden power surge in the mid-'90s was attributable to performance enhancers, such as anabolic steroids. Anderson flatly denied the allegation, and Palmer retracted his statement the following day. He was also mentioned in Jose Canseco's book Juiced, where Canseco said he suspected Anderson used performance-enhancing drugs.

As of 2006, Anderson is one of only two players (the other being Barry Bonds) to have stolen 50 or more bases in a season (53 in 1992) and hit 50 or more home runs in a season (50 in 1996).

creatine-monohydrate.jpg

brady_poster_2.jpg

I googled him and those pictures came up lol. Had to click next a few times to find the Creatine.

hey!!!!!! No naked men in my threads :new_shocked: :5_5_138:

Have to level things out a bit now :smiley_acak:

Btw my final leans, perhaps a few 1 unit plays I'll see, are:

White Sox
Indians -1
Indians over
Dodgers

:D

hahaha, BOL Satyr. sorry i did that to your thread. :an_roll_laugh:

will be against you if you go with the dodgers though

beware on seattle man....I just think Cleveland gets it done tonight....they need to explode with runs sometime...dont they???...or maybe not...haha

Satyr appreciated the Brady pic, don't let him fool you!

Satyr - Your leans look fine, except for the Dodger part. BOL if you do play

Yes I appreciated the pic for blurring my eyesight, I usually don't think highly of naked men, unless I'm looking at the mirror :an_roll_laugh:

gimme this. Me want!

98_lcasta_01.jpg

good grief...:D excellent call not to play anything after all...my initial leans were right, overthinking would've brought me anywhere.

Back