Monday baseball (+writeups)

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
MLB 2007: 29 W-1V-19 L +50.43 units

0-2 in the last 2 days (-10 units), let's try to stop the bleeding shall we.

Diamondbacks (Webb) (1.92 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

The Dodgers are coming off a 5 hour marathon in which they needed 17 innings to finally snatch a 5-4 win over the Padres. The whole team had to log in heavily last night and I think we have ourselves a decent letdown chance here.
Facing NL's Cy Young award winner for 2006 won't make it any easier. Despite the fact Brandon Webb is coming off two no-decisions, it was mostly because of poor run support than anything else. His game was at the usual high level,
Webb is 5-3 with a 3.62 ERA in 10 career starts versus the Dodgers, going 3-0 with a 1.59 ERA in his last three appearances against them.
This Snakes team is rather young, if we're talking batting lineup, and they needed some time to get things going but a sweep against San Francisco says enough of how hot they are at the moment, winners of 5 straight games.
The Dodgers, I feel, are the strongest team in the division, but I'm on the fade tonight.
Their offense has a lot of depth and talent, a strong mixture of various hitting styles, I'll back them a lot this season if everything goes as I expect.
However, I'm still not sold on Randy Wolf that much, I believe he's pitching a bit over his head at this point. He is 3-2, 4.20 ERA this year, combined with 4-1 with a 3.50 ERA in eight career starts versus Arizona and 4-0 with a 2.38 ERA in his last five outings.
This is a different Zona team though, he hasn't seen these guys at all yet. The Dodgers destroyed them both times this year, 5-1 and 6-4, both times in Arizona.
Now, in a reversed fixture, many think the D-backs don't have what it takes to record a win here, I disagree. I actually expect Snakes offense to produce against a weary home team (and pen, if Wolf doesn't go long innings), and provide adequate support for their ace, arguably the best pitcher in the NL.

Mets - Marlins over 9.5 (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 3 units

I believe the Mets are getting too much respect here, they're hot and cold when the offense is concerned, their pitching hasn't been stellar either, and their opposition has been quite sub par lately. The Fish are underachieving a bit. I don't see them being contenders, but they're worth more than a sub .500 team.
The Mets can step up huge at home but they'll send out Chan Ho Park, so I expect them to let in a few more than usual.
Park was horrid in Triple A, allowing 18 hits, 11 earned runs and a 6.19 ERA in 16 innings of work.
On the other side, Olsen needs to start evening these numbers out, as he's boasting an underpar 2-1, 6.23 ERA this year. He has a 3.81 ERA against NYM.
After collecting 32 hits in their previous two games, the Marlins didn't have any through six innings against Jamie Moyer on Sunday and ended up with four in a 6-1 loss to Philadelphia. Florida entered the game with a hit in 21 straight innings. I think they jump right back on track tonight against Park and one of the best NL teams.
Don't forget the Mets routed them both times (at FLA) 11-3 and 9-2. Expecting a 7-6 kind of game going either way.

Good luck guys. :cheers:

good stuff, bro.

AZ/LAD is shaping up exactly as planned. Webb thru 7, with a veyr low pitch count. Wolf doesn't even complete 6...and their into the tired pen, already trailing big.

Zona 17 hits and bases juiced, this one is far from over :D.

9-1 current score :D.

:cheers:

The Dodgers are surrounded by the number 17 wherever they turn :D 17 innings yesterday, 17 hits allowed today :D. But it's not over, stay tuned :D.

Back