Monday Bags

CrimsonK

Sid Bream Supporter
Record: 9-9 (+.53 units)

White Sox ML (Floyd/Miner)
1 unit to win 1.13

Miner is a guy I have no problem fading and i feel this is a decent size pitching advantage to the visitors. Floyd threw the ball pretty well in his first start this season although the Sox didn't hit for him. Sox need to wake the bats up in this one and i think they can against Miner who I don't expect to last terribly long. As soon as Miner makes his exit, that means it's time to go to a very poor bullpen and anything can happen. Miner had a poor spring but seemed to throw the ball alright against the jays. Floyd is gonna have to be careful with cabrera and if he does that I like my chances. Very few teams that I can make a case for Detroit to be favored over and with miner throwing the ball it's certainly not the case today.

Reds ML (Volquez/Gallardo)
1 unit to win 1.30 units

Going back to the well with Volquez. Still think this guy is one of the most undervalued SP's in the game right now. Poor outing to start the season but that doesn't bother me too much as it could have been a slight correction from a spectacular spring. reds bats are a concern but I will take my chances with Volquez to limit the brew crew's productivity. I like Gallardo as well but I think Suppan having such a short stint on Sunday will help as they were forced to use the pen more than they would have liked. Although cinci has to travel, they will likely be better rested as the Brew crew didn't have the advantage of an early game playing on Sunday night. They will be heading home to spend time with family for easter and be right back at the park for an early game before they know it. Reds have done well at Miller park their last 8 showing some rare road success. Reds pen should be fresh with Harang going the distance on Sunday. Only a total of 3 inning pitched by the Reds pen in the last 3 days due in part to the postponement on the 10th. Reds should have a full arsenal to throw at the brew crew after what i expect to be a nice start by Volquez.

:cheers:

adding Royals/Indians OVER 8 (Greinke/Carmona)
1.1 units to win 1 unit

Playing ever game OVER with timmons behind dish this season

goodluck CK

thooughts on nats/phils? looks like the phillies bats are coming a live and nats sending that gascan in cabrera...moyer definately didn't play well last outing...sorry was looking at the over

This may be the only game this season i can't fade grandpa moyer.. He has been pretty nasty against the nats in the past.. OVER is a concern in Washington with that big ballpark. I'm back and forth on this one trying to decide whether or not to play the nats.. Long travel day for philly coming from the rocky mtns.. if the price climbs i would be tempted to play the Natty's..

GL

Crimson definitely like the Sox and Reds ML.

I would be careful playing a KC Over. Greinke is pretty damn good, and most people will laugh, but KC has the best bullpen in MLB. Also KC has been struggling with the bats as everyone knows. Kauffman stadium is an under park as well. The one thing I do like about that Over is I think KC could continue on their momentum they had in the late innings, but even at 8 you could be asking a lot for it to go over. Who knows, I have been wrong before.

Crimson definitely like the Sox and Reds ML.

I would be careful playing a KC Over. Greinke is pretty damn good, and most people will laugh, but KC has the best bullpen in MLB. Also KC has been struggling with the bats as everyone knows. Kauffman stadium is an under park as well. The one thing I do like about that Over is I think KC could continue on their momentum they had in the late innings, but even at 8 you could be asking a lot for it to go over. Who knows, I have been wrong before.

I agree with you.. I'm from KC and try to watch their games with one eye closed as often as possible. I just decided I was gonna start this Timmy Timmons system this year and jumped the gun. Greinke is a stud. Gonna wait for umps/weather before i decide if I need to buy off this one.. Gonna add timmons when he is located

Nice. I grew up in KC so I follow the Royals a lot. Now live in Houston so I know the most about KC and Houston. Do my best to learn all the other squads as well, but certainly have more in depth knowledge of the Royals and Astros.

ehh i know it's a big field, don't expect many homeruns, but definately feel that both teams can knock ..funny though..moyer is a "sinker" ball pitcher yet he induces so many infield fly outs..lol..must be at how slow he throws cause speed isn't his forte

Nice. I grew up in KC so I follow the Royals a lot. Now live in Houston so I know the most about KC and Houston. Do my best to learn all the other squads as well, but certainly have more in depth knowledge of the Royals and Astros.

:cheers:

Hoping to get Welke or Holbrook at Kauffman

ehh i know it's a big field, don't expect many homeruns, but definately feel that both teams can knock ..funny though..moyer is a "sinker" ball pitcher yet he induces so many infield fly outs..lol..must be at how slow he throws cause speed isn't his forte

:smiley_acbe:

I like the Nationals too, but I need at least 120 to play them. They take so many bad hacks at the plate, and against a crafty guy like Moyer, further the Nationals defense is pretty piss poor.

I like the Nationals too, but I need at least 120 to play them. They take so many bad hacks at the plate, and against a crafty guy like Moyer, further the Nationals defense is pretty piss poor.
agree they do, but they did well this past series against the braves

I just think moyer is washed up.. I agree I would like 120 to play nats but any team at home at + money against grandpa gascan moyer is very appealing to me

yeps and you have another gascan on the mound in cabrera...

in other news anyone see reed johnson rob prince fielder of his first grand slam

Back