Monday August 19th MLB Discussion Presented by MyBookie

at first glance thoughts (and more dfs commentary)

was/pit - big total for pnc park, but pitt stronger vs righties, and ross doesn't scare anyone.. nor does williams vs an offense that has been torching. probably staying away. offenses or nothing.

sdp/cincy - probably a stay away for me too, I like bauer vs this sdp team that may have 2 lefties.. one being Naylor... tatis injury really makes the lineup look so holey (sp?), but wouldn't surprise me if he gets blown up because thats what bauer does, plus its a great hitting park. I also dont like lauer, but he has been serviceable vs righties. have to sneak a stack or two in DFS with Aquino/Suarez/Ervin - Senzel? (if mass entering atleast).

mil/stl - not sure what to do here from a Milwaukee perspective... Davies is fortunate enough to go against a right handed lineup that has an above average K rate, but he isn't really a strikeout pitcher. However, Milwaukee may give davies a long leash? Not sure what they want available, they used Claudio/Jeffress/Guerra thurs/fri/sat. On the otherside, Hudson has a good K matchup, but he is more of an extreme groundball pitcher with a low k rate himself, and he has been terrible vs lefties... milwuakee has 5, with atleast 4 good to great ones... sign me up for yelich/grisham/grandal/moose - thames. Like milwuakee at a + number too.

col/ari - will go back to this, but I can understand the interest in gallen, as well as the arizona offense. Need to see starting lineups too, but do like ari RL

kcr/bal - 2 bad pitchers going against 2 bad offenses, but its in a great hitters park, it is going to be hot, with a good dew point measure... do lean the over here obviously, and will mix and match these sides on other stacks, as some players can be had at cheap prices.

sea/tbr - both these offenses are worse vs lefties, big ball park, really like the under here. The problem for DFS purposes is McKay is going to be so highly owned, its hard to pass on him though, he has a top strikeout matchup of the slate, as well as being the highest strikeout pitcher of the slate. He has good control, with minimal walks. But may have to make some lineups without him, and maybe sprinkle a seattle stack in. Obviously love the under here.

laa/tex - I like the angels here.... Allard has gone into two hitters parks, and done well for himself, but he goes up against a high contact, lower than average k rate offense, in a ballpark that's going to be very hot and humid. Peters has done the same as allard, but maybe even better... his last two starts were @bos, and @clv, and he has done very well... he now gets to go against a texas team that has struggled ALL year vs lefties. They have a 26%~ K rate. I think there are maybe 2 to 3 hitters he needs to dodge, and success should come. It is definitely a boom or bust play, I dont care for his pricing, but i may have a share or two of peters.

cws/min - gibson's price is probably the biggest miss by fanduel today, and most decisions are do we play him or McKay.... CWS as a team, have the lowest wOBA, and ISO(power) of the slate, as well as one of the highest K rates. Everything is going for him. Less than a month ago he played this team, and went 6IP/9Ks and that was with moncada in the lineup. The exact opposite can almost be said about nova, he is going against a team with one of the highest wOBA, and ISO(power) on this slate, that is also projected to activate Cruz off the IL.... staying away from him. I like minny RL

det/hou - bar's/my comment above is all you need to know... just lay it on houston, and dont even tune in. nothing is ever a lock, and miley is a lefty vs a righty loaded lineup but he has held both handedness to low wOBA's, these righties aren't scary, and have a high K rate as well, and a few hitters have had little to no power. Even if you take the over on that notion...houston may just get it themselves.

Astros are currently -400 Monday

Since 2004, Favorites that are -400+

SU: 14-5 (-7 Units)
RL: 7-6 (-4.5 Units)

Based on Tampa recent play a first half bet on Gonzalez looks good
Ross on this rest has done well

LAUER is 1-1 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 1.93 and a WHIP of 1.429.
His team's record is 2-1 (+1.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.4 units)
TREVOR BAUER vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
BAUER is 0-3 when starting against SAN DIEGO with an ERA of 6.28 and a WHIP of 1.814.
His team's record is 0-3 (-5.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-1. (+0.9 units)

DAVIES is 2-2 when starting against ST LOUIS with an ERA of 4.64 and a WHIP of 1.357.
His team's record is 5-4 (+2.9 units) in these starts. The OVER is 5-4. (+0.8 units)
DAKOTA HUDSON vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
HUDSON is 0-1 when starting against MILWAUKEE with an ERA of 10.13 and a WHIP of 2.500.
His team's record is 0-2 (-2.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-1. (-0.2 units)

GONZALES is 2-0 when starting against TAMPA BAY with an ERA of 2.21 and a WHIP of 1.033.
His team's record is 2-1 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-3. (-3.5 units)

Back