Monday 11/09/15 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL - MON 11/9[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Mon 11/9[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]701[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Chicago Bulls[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-8.5 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.250[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 197.5 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]702[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Philadelphia 76ers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+8.5 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 4.460[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 197.5 1.980[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Mon 11/9[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]703[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Orlando Magic[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+4.5 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 2.630[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 195.5 1.925[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]04:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]704[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Indiana Pacers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-4.5 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.552[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 195.5 1.980[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]705[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Minnesota Timberwolves[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+8.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 4.540[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 203 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]706[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Atlanta Hawks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-8.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.243[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 203 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]707[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Portland Trail Blazers [/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+1 1.884[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 207.5 1.961[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]06:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]708[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Denver Nuggets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-1 2.020[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 207.5 1.943[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]709[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]San Antonio Spurs[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-8 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.263[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 206 2.020[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]710[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Sacramento Kings[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+8 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 4.300[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 206 1.884[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]711[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Memphis Grizzlies[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+6 1.934[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 3.090[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 198 1.934[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]712[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-6 1.970[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.427[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 198 1.970[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]713[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Detroit Pistons[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+13.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 10.710[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 208.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]714[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-13.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.074[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 208.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
I like Memphis today, but would have liked it a lot more, if CP3 played and Clippers weren't playing off a home loss to the Rockets.

I knew that was coming from you NBA, think I agree.

Cousins should play tonight and if so I love the over...still waiting on the total.

No CP3 for the Clips be Memphis has me thinking under.

And btw, last season, teams playing B2B in Denver, covered 10 out of 16 times, so it's time to change the system I think

And btw, last season, teams playing B2B in Denver, covered 10 out of 16 times, so it's time to change the system I think

Last year Shaw was the head coach and didn't utilize the altitude to the team's advantage so no it's not time to change the system. Shaw is a moron and the players didn't like his style. He ran a half court offense with a team that is supposed to play up tempo and force the opponent to make mistakes. That's what Malone is doing now. Portlands legs won't be fresh playing 4th in 6 and 5th in 8 days. The bench production isn't enough to compete in Denver. They gave up 41 points last night in the 4th quarter.... Tired legs = poor defense and brick city for RIP city

and 10-6 is bad? Ok.

Last edited:
Last year Shaw was the head coach and didn't utilize the altitude to the team's advantage so no it's not time to change the system. Shaw was a moron and ran a half court offense with a team that supposed to play up tempo and force the opponent to make mistakes. That's what Malone is doing now. Portlands legs won't be fresh playing 4th in 6 and 5th in 8 days. The bench production isn't enough to compete in Denver. They gave up 41 points last night in the 4th quarter.... Tired legs = poor defense and brick city for RIP city

and 10-6 is bad? Ok.
10 - 6 for the teams visiting Denver, not Denver.
And even if you remove the last two seasons, you will get 53% in you favor. Is it good enough of a number to bet on?
Portland one of the youngest teams in the league and was one of the best b2b teams the last few years. It's not the same team, but still...
As I see it, there is no real value, but wish you good luck.
I actually like Denver tonight, but not because of this angle.

Sorry I didn't even look to see last year's record. It's just a different style of play now. Ill probably be on the nuggets team total over as well

I just don't believe that Portland can sustain the production from such limited amount of talent. I think Denver is more well rounded and rested.

Spurs TT over looks good.

Might be the safer way to play considering the status of Cousins and Collison is unknown....Someone please feel free to post in here any injury updates on these 2 and if their playing tonight....Thanks.

Magic are the only perfect team in the league ATS wise, but I believe that Pacers should change that.

Might be the safer way to play considering the status of Cousins and Collison is unknown....Someone please feel free to post in here any injury updates on these 2 and if their playing tonight....Thanks.

I see Collison out and Cousins and Curry GTD FWIW Still early in the day and this is the NBA already this year 4 times I seen a player declared out late close to game time and then turn the TV on boom there he is.

By the way, this isn't the first B2B in Denver as the Jazz lost at home to the Blazers last Wednesday then beat the Nuggets on Thursday.

The struggle for the Blazers backcourt to defend is real. It doesn't surprise me that they beat Memphis, Utah, New Orleans, and Minnesota but then lost to Phoenix twice and watched Detroit (Jackson and Pope went for 69) torch them.

Denver doesn't have the horses in the backcourt to beat them (Mudiay is a slight problem but he's still learning how to play) and their front court's athletic ability (Faried, etc) is mitigated by the Blazers playing a bunch of guys up front. To me, if Portland shows some ability to shoot, they win this easily.

Regarding the "play Denver on 2nd of B2B", I think two things really impacted that

1. They played at a fast pace with a 9-10 man deep team meaning on the second night, they'd just run you out of the gym
2. They were a legit good team

This line already has a the spot of B2B built into the price (no way is Denver 2 points worse on neutral floor than Portland). Also, Portland didn't play Friday or Saturday so even B2B isn't really the issue, especially for a team of basically 25 and younger guys.

As a Bulls fan, be wary of betting the over in Chicago. Their offense simply doesn't look good if they're not making jumpers; they're not playing with pace; and there is a chance that Noah is in the starting lineup and Mirotic is out.

As a Bulls fan, be wary of betting the over in Chicago. Their offense simply doesn't look good if they're not making jumpers; they're not playing with pace; and there is a chance that Noah is in the starting lineup and Mirotic is out.
good info
i thought they were playing with pace or were supposed to be...

The Bulls have 3 days off after this game. Their shooting last game was Rather poor. The last 6 games by Philadelphia on Monday went over.
In the Clipper game start off interested in the under. Not a play yet but they should want an under.

Have watched parts of the Sixers-Cavs games, they've played twice, Sixers flashed some skillz. The Sixers covering spreads? Haven't been too into it yet, NBA starts at Christmas.

Spurs interest in this game is small. That does not mean they will not win and cover but their real interest is Portland

Have watched parts of the Sixers-Cavs games, they've played twice, Sixers flashed some skillz. The Sixers covering spreads? Haven't been too into it yet, NBA starts at Christmas.
They are getting better but Cleveland just likes the team and was playing poor defense to get their offense going.

Just noticed what a huge under the Bulls have been on the road on Monday. You have to go back to 2013 to see an over

By the way, this isn't the first B2B in Denver as the Jazz lost at home to the Blazers last Wednesday then beat the Nuggets on Thursday.

The struggle for the Blazers backcourt to defend is real. It doesn't surprise me that they beat Memphis, Utah, New Orleans, and Minnesota but then lost to Phoenix twice and watched Detroit (Jackson and Pope went for 69) torch them.

Denver doesn't have the horses in the backcourt to beat them (Mudiay is a slight problem but he's still learning how to play) and their front court's athletic ability (Faried, etc) is mitigated by the Blazers playing a bunch of guys up front. To me, if Portland shows some ability to shoot, they win this easily.

Regarding the "play Denver on 2nd of B2B", I think two things really impacted that

1. They played at a fast pace with a 9-10 man deep team meaning on the second night, they'd just run you out of the gym
2. They were a legit good team

This line already has a the spot of B2B built into the price (no way is Denver 2 points worse on neutral floor than Portland). Also, Portland didn't play Friday or Saturday so even B2B isn't really the issue, especially for a team of basically 25 and younger guys.

Denver last year was a disaster on 2 days rest.
5-15 last 3 years

I'm fading the trends
Bulls philly over
McConnell helps get philly players good shots. Bulls just so deep the second team should hammer phillys bench.

Noel out for the Sixers. Good news for the Bulls offense at least...

Keith Pompey @PompeyOnSixers .
@NerlensNoel3
is out tonight with sore wrist. Richaun Holmes will start in his place
<time class="dt-updated" datetime="2015-11-09T22:20:53+0000" pubdate="" title="Time posted: 09 Nov 2015, 22:20:53 (UTC)">5:20 PM - 9 Nov 2015</time>

And Cousins planning on playing tonight...

Sean Cunningham @SeanCunningham
After missing last 4 games w/ Achilles strain, Kings C DeMarcus Cousins plans to give it a go tonight (barring any setback during warm-ups)
<time class="dt-updated" datetime="2015-11-09T19:30:47+0000" pubdate="" title="Time posted: 09 Nov 2015, 19:30:47 (UTC)">2:30 PM - 9 Nov 2015</time>

very nice for the over
no one for philly to protect the rim, watch taj gibson and gasol will have a huge games.

very nice for the over
no one for philly to protect the rim, watch taj gibson and gasol will have a huge games.
Not sure who's going to score for the Sixers though. Pinning your hopes and dreams on Nik Stauskas and Isaiah Canaan?

Grizz have the Dubs on deck back in Memphis.

Do they step up in retaliation for the #didntloseby50 tweet or do they focus on avenging the total ass-whipping suffered at the hands of Golden State ?

That is the question regarding them tonight.

Grizz have the Dubs on deck back in Memphis.

Do they step up in retaliation for the #didntloseby50 tweet or do they focus on avenging the total ass-whipping suffered at the hands of Golden State ?

That is the question regarding them tonight.
Think the team's quit on Joerger, which is strange because of how well they played during the preseason. Beat three crappy teams that they could have done with their eyes closed, and have gotten smoked in all four losses. Just no intensity at all, and no willingness to battle once they fall behind (all four losses behind at HT, and lost 3 out of the 4 2H's - would've lost 2H against Utah too if that Jazz offense wasn't so pathetic).

Paul George rounding into form. Pace n space Indy already assured a spot in the 8.

Think the team's quit on Joerger, which is strange because of how well they played during the preseason. Beat three crappy teams that they could have done with their eyes closed, and have gotten smoked in all four losses. Just no intensity at all, and no willingness to battle once they fall behind (all four losses behind at HT, and lost 3 out of the 4 2H's - would've lost 2H against Utah too if that Jazz offense wasn't so pathetic).

They don't have the talent to run with any of these teams.. only chance is to muck it up.... new jersey devils 90's style...

Need to put some players around Gasol,,, make him the Sabonis,Divac, Webber of the group...

Back