Monday’s playoff scenarios

playtowin

Pretty much a regular
This from yahoo sports might be of use. There's more at the site, but here's the first part:

• Hawks clinch playoff berth if Pacers lose at Wizards (7 ET).
• Nuggets clinch playoff berth if Warriors lose at Suns (10 ET).
• Hornets clinch division title if Rockets lose at Jazz (9 ET, NBATV) and if Spurs lose at Kings (10 ET).
• Cavaliers clinch No. 4 seed if Cavaliers win at 76ers (7 ET) or if Wizards lose to Pacers (7 ET).
• Raptors clinch No. 6 seed if if Raptors beat Heat (7 ET) and if 76ers lose to Cavaliers (7 ET)
• Jazz will be No. 4 seed and open playoffs on road if Jazz lose to Rockets (9 ET, NBATV).

So we got three games that mean only to one team something:

GSW in Arizona
Toronto against the Heat
Spurs at Sacramento

I think that GSW ML is the best one of all three...

Do Warriors really have something to play for?! Denver plays Memphis home in their last game...

We might get a nice value on Kings as these guys keep playing hard even w/o couple of starters, and Spurs look very old w/o Manu. And they're on b2b as well.

Do Warriors really have something to play for?! Denver plays Memphis home in their last game...

We might get a nice value on Kings as these guys keep playing hard even w/o couple of starters, and Spurs look very old w/o Manu. And they're on b2b as well.

Yeah, a team like Denver will never lose an important game to team like Memphis, Seattle, Sacramento without Artest. :)

I think Utah, comes out strong. They want the home court advantage. They know the advantage it will give them, and houston is a little dinged up, i would imagine they want to get healthy this week and not risk a major injury to battier alston or jackson.

Yeah i think Utah is a good play. They're like 10-2 ATS last 12 at home and has won by DD in their last 7 at home as well. Still thinking about it though because of how ugly Hou's game last night.

Utah is a bad play and so is Houston. No bet!
If Utah wins, there is a decent chance that they will not play Rockets, but the Suns in the first round and that much worse for them so I'm not sure how hrd will they try to win.
Suns with the home court advantage or Rockets without it? Too tough to call, but there is a chance to play the Suns without the home court advantage and that is a nightmare for the Jazz, when they coudl have play Houston...

I'm thinking at least 2 of these 4 dogs win outright: Indiana (desperate), Cleveland (hungry to clinch #4 before Detroit game), Golden State (desperate), Sacramento (catching Spurs at home on B2B).

Yeah, a team like Denver will never lose an important game to team like Memphis, Seattle, Sacramento without Artest.

Correct, but that should only help them learn their lesson. I give zero chances to Memphis tomorrow. Though, that defeats don't even look that bad now when we realize Sacto also beat Lakers, Rockets, Hornets last month, all in need to win.

Well, I actually expected a bit more than +4. How wrong was +12 on them vs Hornets 2 days ago, huh...

Utah is a bad play and so is Houston. No bet!
If Utah wins, there is a decent chance that they will not play Rockets, but the Suns in the first round and that much worse for them so I'm not sure how hrd will they try to win.
Suns with the home court advantage or Rockets without it? Too tough to call, but there is a chance to play the Suns without the home court advantage and that is a nightmare for the Jazz, when they coudl have play Houston...

If the Jazz go 2-0 down the stretch they will gurantee themselves a 3 seed and probably Phoenix in the 1st round. The Jazz certainly don't consider Phoenix a nightmare as they've had plenty of sucess playing in PHO. They won there a month ago and won in PHO twice last year. They'd much rather have HC in the 1st round and play PHO than to be the road team as a #4 seed against HOU. The other benefit of the #3 seed to the Jazz is a possible 2nd round matchup with NOH who they've had handled as well as anybody.

Tonight is only a small step to that goal though. Their last game is @SAN where they haven't won since '99.

If the Jazz go 2-0 down the stretch they will gurantee themselves a 3 seed and probably Phoenix in the 1st round. The Jazz certainly don't consider Phoenix a nightmare as they've had plenty of sucess playing in PHO. They won there a month ago and won in PHO twice last year. They'd much rather have HC in the 1st round and play PHO than to be the road team as a #4 seed against HOU. The other benefit of the #3 seed to the Jazz is a possible 2nd round matchup with NOH who they've had handled as well as anybody.

Tonight is only a small step to that goal though. Their last game is @SAN where they haven't won since '99.

I agree, I'm writing now why Suns don't want to meet Utah in the first round actually :)
But still, Suns are nice match for the Jazz, but Rockets are the jack pot in the Western Conference I believe and Jazz wouldn't pass that opportunity, not to mention the fact that it could be that they will face the Suns without home court advantage...

Back