Mon, Tues, WEds Milleb...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Lost about 30 units last year (a little less than that posted I think, was choppy and/or a small loser the rest of the year but did do okay in October). This is on the heels of winning real good in baseball three of four years between 2011-2014, so let's root for an aberration last summer.

Thanks to robots and automation, my responsibilities as a line mover are all but over for now and won't ever return unless I go to work for a place that originates prices and/or moves off big and/or sharp action. These are the times we live in. That will give me more time for writeups and/or at least to post plays here daily.

* Most important thing I will say all year, and I try to say it repeatedly but rarely do I fit it into context once the games start playing. Perhaps in baseball moreso than other sports (not sure why), I understand the value of price much better. There are some sports where I like a side no matter the price. If I want to lay Alabama -34 against Middle Tennessee and the line comes 38, if I think Bama is going to win by 50, I will lay 38 even though I'm outside of my price-point. That's a raw example and you will rarely see me do that, but it's for context. In baseball, I made the Reds -150 today with these pitchers. Philly at +160 or more would be worth considering, especially since they are correlated to my OVER play in the game. Would consider at least a 2-team parlay with those two if i decided not to bet Philly outright. But say the game gets steamed down into the 30's...then I would consider Cincinnati -137 for example, small, and the lower it went, the more I would go. I trust my baseball numbers like gospel and know no one outworks me. Whether they are right or not, we'll just have to find out with the results on the field. *

Any questions, always feel free to ask and I'll get to them at my leisure.

To Monday:

Not sure who bet the Reddies total down, but despite these being two of the worst offensive teams in the league, LOOK AT WHO THE OPENING DAY STARTERS ARE. Hellickson throws 91-92 and has no movement on his balls. He's very easy to hit and hit hard. Wind blowing out 14 to right-center at the Great OVERican Ballpark. Iglesias showed some potential last season in getting 16 starts last summer but he still projects as no better than a mid-to-bottom of the rotation guy at the very best. Opening Day might overwhelm him. Waiting on an ump, but barring an "E" or "H" sighting, this will almost for sure be an OVER.

Waiting on roof status in Arizona but I will likely pass on a correlated parlay anyways considering I missed Colorado at the opener. Grienke goes from a pitcher's park to a hitter's haven and loses several strikes per month to pitch framing this season. Let's see how much it frustrates him as we get into the summer months. It's 91 today in Phoenix but will cool into the mid-80s at first pitch. Since it's a dry heat they'll prolly leave the roof open. Lean OVER with a good ump.

Wrong favorite in Arlington. Felix is 6-0 with a 1.49 in 8 opening day starts and was 5-0 with a 1.83 ERA against Texas in 2015. Hamels has yet to win on Opening Day, although only has a 2-start sample size to deal with. He did go 4-0 in Arlington last season (3.66 ERA) but I can't ignore Felix's dominance against Texas and on Opening Day, and he should be a small favorite.

The play: Seattle +120 medium 2u.

Total way too low in Cleveland, despite the wind blowing in. Two teams that are expected to have solid offenses and I don't expect either pitcher to go real deep. Boston is supposed to have upgraded their pen, but will have to prove it to me against a Tribe side that some oddsmakers supposedly think will break out on offense in 2016. On the other side, Boston has guys who are supposed to rake up and down the lineup. Will almost bet them OVER any total less than seven all season auto play. There won't be too many of them. Waiting on an ump, but this is an OVER bet barring a calamity.

Where did they get this price in Oakland? Anyone who read my season wins thoughts know that Oakland is better than what they look, and I'm not sold on these ChiSox changes. Gray went 14-7 and finished third in the Cy Young voting for a 68-win team last season. He's a certified ace and should rarely if ever be a home dog.

The play: Oakland +122 medium 2u.

Will be back with them totals later; that's it for the sides unless something really gets steamed way out of whack. GL today and this season!

:shake2:

Thanks to robots and automation, my responsibilities as a line mover are all but over for now and won't ever return unless I go to work for a place that originates prices and/or moves off big and/or sharp action. These are the times we live in. That will give me more time for writeups and/or at least to post plays here daily.
I always wondered how they move so quick. Just a quick question regarding this. If a line mover, say RAS puts out a play, and their legion of followers all place bets on the same play, you're saying a computer automatically shifts the line? That's pretty crazy. And how much does it shift? Depends on the amount of volume coming in?

Anyways, good luck on your season rex, hope you kill it like a few years ago when you went +130 units or whatever the massive number was. :shake2:

Don't like the over in Cleveland no matter the ump. It will take a shot to get it out today, wind's howling. Maybe it will give the outfielders some fits. It's just a raw, get-back-in-the-dugout kind of day. But don't like the under much either at 6.5 or 6 in the AL. Tribe homer bet or pass for me. Good luck today and on the year, rexy.

I think at some point we're going to have to talk about how apparently Chris Sale used to bang your ex, because at this point it's obviously personal.

Go Sox.

And GL Rexy.

=)

I always wondered how they move so quick. Just a quick question regarding this. If a line mover, say RAS puts out a play, and their legion of followers all place bets on the same play, you're saying a computer automatically shifts the line? That's pretty crazy. And how much does it shift? Depends on the amount of volume coming in?

Anyways, good luck on your season rex, hope you kill it like a few years ago when you went +130 units or whatever the massive number was. :shake2:

Depends on the store. Some people just outright steal the line from bigger offices; others are hooked up to smaller places who are hooked up to bigger places. I know of a small place down here that tries to fly below the radar (not naming any of the names) by stealing the line from a place who steals it from a place that gets it from Pinny and then parses (or whatever the programmers do to it) the juice out to a 10-cent for baseball or 20-cent line for other sports rather than the reduced juice Pinnacle offers. That might work well in some sports, but in shit like college hoops, where Pinny doesn't pay a guy full time to be a lead trader, it could be a disaster trying to copy them, especially with the low limits and the phonies.

A 100-plus unit year would be nice, for sure. Prolly mean I'd do good on the season wins as well, which would be another five-figure hit that would be more than welcome.

I think at some point we're going to have to talk about how apparently Chris Sale used to bang your ex, because at this point it's obviously personal.

Go Sox.

And GL Rexy.

=)

I never once mentioned his name this time, sir. But if they keep pricing him like this, rest assured, you will continue to think that way. And I sure wish he banged my ex; i'd at least have something to work with going forward. I get along with all of my ex's! :)

Love the Felix opening day angle - M's 8-0 in those games, all multi-run wins. Going to play M's ML and alt RL.

Agree on over in Cincy and Arizona, waiting for umps. Actually, not sure if an under ump keeps me off in Arizona.

Health on Sox/Tribe over. It's the kind of cold in Cleveland today that makes it really hard to hit, in my experience.

CKR - great to see you back in full effect...

Your lines show any value in SF, SD and Cubbies?

thanks

Lean Friars tonight, would only have them. Cubs game right at number, and Frisco game sharp on dog, but i missed number to play Beer.

Cle rained out, and Philly/Reds drew one of about 3 other unnamed umps from above (Miller) that kept me off the over. Day is turning pear-shaped and i'm not even in action yet. Shit.

0-1 and -2 on the season. What a wacky day. I also got fucked out of a bunch of daily fantasy teams with the weather in Balty (had Santana in one lineup), Gray's scratch (had him in another) and both of those ruined Kershaw's effort. Just a weird day overall.

To today:

Not much out there. Leaning Snakes, will consider -1 run there at around +115.

Lean Mets, want to see if it will get cheaper since it's running several cents lower in the exchanges.

Fish +111 for 2u. Price was too high, would take up to +108 for the same which is still available. Wrong team favored.

Back after I sweat the Champions League, GL to all.

:shake:

Snakes -125 for 2u. Way too cheap with these two pitchers, especially when it opened 60-ish (which was too high).

I also did go on the Mets -1 +104 but only for .6 units each so i do win +1.25 there.

Painful way for the Fish to lose that one, really no excuses against a bad Detroit pen. I guess the Fish ain't so hot either. Sigh.

Too lazy to start another thread (well, really too busy, but after today and tomorrow i promise to do better).

Day games i feel like idiot for missing Col/Zona OVER again but the roof is closed today so no play.

Pokers on Seattle and first-five so there is value on Texas. Wind blowing out and Miley pitching? Yikes.

The play: Texas +115 for 1.7u

Nothing else until the 7:05 or later starts, so back after the soccer to finalize before i finish my goff plays.

:shake:

Nothing in Pitt; made them a tad higher but Leakie has had tremendous success against the Rats in his career.

Made Wash right at the number, but the total a smidge lower. Pass.

Made Reddies a tad higher but not sure how much time we're gonna get out of Finnegan before Mother Nature intervenes. Nola never will get to 100 pitches, but this will be one of the few lineups where he can put himself in position to have success. Pass.

Lean Doyers but price going the wrong way; was wanting to lay -130 ish.

Pokers just hammered Cle UN, no idea how anyone could recommend that with the wind blowing straight out at 28 mph.

Made Jankee total a tad higher. Side about right.

Balty i made a touch higher but pass. Not interested in either side.

And the ChiSox haven't cost me any money yet, JoeP, since they scratched Gray Monday. Though I get my chance tonight, but i only made a tad higher. Would only lay -120 or better.

So looks like a pass. Sigh.

Back