Mobilehoma -8.5 at Texas Tech....

that video shows the nose of the ball over the goal line. i could go dig up pictures and other angles of that video to disprove your statement, but at the same time you could show me that video. the call was what it was...just like they were in Austin last weekend. the refs can only do so much.

i expect the line to go up to 9.. i havent seen a total yet, but our defense is atrocious and OU's secondary won't hold tech under 35. students are camping out for this game already and its only monday.

LOL, that guy yelling is hilarious. i saw it about 2 years ago, still cant figure out who the player being interviewed is though. i think the calls were right too..i believe the better team won and its not like those calls wouldve truly affected the outcome of the game. i was totally impressed with UTs facilities, fans and overall gameday atmosphere. attending a game in austin, seeing everything UT has to offer makes me realize why we are constantly 8-4 or 7-5 every year and lose out to the top recruits to you guys. why a&m cant succeed with the same facilities, alumni base etc befuddles me. texas tech--doing more with less.

IMO, OU is the best play here, unfortunately.

I'm 8-1-1 on the year when wagering on Texas Tech games. Didn't play SMU, pushed on Iowa State +25 and lost on Tech -20ish vs. UTEP... won the rest.

aar0n, i disagree.

a lot of people are forgetting about how tech was up like 14 points in Norman last year. thats all im going to say. a true TTU backer knows that tech loses 1 game a year we shouldnt lose (colorado) and wins 1 game a year that we shouldnt (1 game left on the schedule).

x+y=z scenario.

TEXAS absolutely wore down the TT defense last week. I think they'll be suffering from some tired legs, nicks and bruises after last weeks game in Austin. Especially this late in the season.

TEXAS had friggin' 92 plays from scrimmage!!!! Compared to TT's 55. (TOP 5 all-time) TOP wasn't pretty for the Red Raider defense. 19:48 to 40:12 :moose: TEXAS wore them down the second half and rushed for over 300 yards on Tech.

I expect OU to run and pass all over a very tired and nicked up TT defense.:cheers:

OU by at least, at least 2 TD's.

The whole "loses one we shouldn't, win one we shouldn't every year" is both untrue and irrelevant to this particular matchup. Tech lost three games last year that they shouldn't have (i.e. games in which they were favored) and have dropped two such games this year. Furthermore, if I recall correctly, Texas Tech has only won one game in which they were not favored (Texas A&M, 2006) since the 2004 Holiday Bowl.

Over the past two seasons, Texas Tech has only beaten four teams with winning records; this number might actually decrease to three if Texas A&M loses to Texas on T+1. Since the 2005 Cotton Bowl season, the Red Raiders haven't shown that they can consistently beat "good" - hell, better than average - teams. Whenever they face someone decent (aside from Texas A&M), there always seems to be one side of the ball that fails to show up. Defense cost them dearly against Oklahoma State and Texas, while the offense cost them against Missouri and Oklahoma.

The only thing Tech has going for them in this match-up in my opinion is that it is a night game in the Jones, because the Sooners have looked fairly pedestrian in true road games this year.

Trust me, I would like nothing more than for the Red Raiders to whip the Sooners. I was down on the field during Tech's last drive two years ago against Oklahoma, jumping and high-fiving everyone in sight after the referee finally confirmed the play was a touchdown.

But if I'm looking to make money off of this game, I'm rolling with the Sooners.

(Also, I don't think the fact that Oklahoma faced a similarly-designed, if poorly executed, offense last week against Baylor should be overlooked.)

This is dumb but it seems Tech does this:

1. Loses a game they shouldnt (colorado at home)

2. Gets murdered in a game they shouldnt (Missouri)

3. Pulls or almost pulls the big upset on Texas or OU

By that logic...I feel like they will play OU close even though my brain tells me that OU should be able to dominate this game just like Texas did last week.

Royal:

If you are going to use the argument that the Tech D had 92 plays, thus making them tired, what about the argument that the Tech O only had 55 plays?

By this logic, it means the Tech O is going to come out and play like they are all on cocaine.

Absurd logic...I think we are all over analyzing this.

Question .......

If Texas Tech scores a td on every possession, which team will win the coin toss in Overtime ?

Also , as president of the mike leach fan club , i am currently accepting all donations to contribute to paying off his fine this week.

This game is interesting. OU's pass defense is sooo suspect. At the same point they should score almost every possession.

Thanks, Tech, for giving the Horns a shot at the Big XII South. Now we gotta handle our business and root for Okie lite.

Back