MNF Vikes v Bears

skanless13

Fly, Eagles, Fly!
Who y'all liking? 2 teams seeming to be heading in opposite directions. Vikes looking good since Dalvin came back... Bears shaky lately. Line seems about tight. Anyone have trends for home dogs on mnf?

So Nagy has handed off play calling duties to Lazor. What does this mean, in terms of how the game will be called? Bears also very thin and not very good at RB. Windy tonight, will Bears come out and throw more against an injured not so good secondary of Vikes? Two slow paced teams, would expect Minn to rely on Cook and not take chances with Cousins. Could mean less plays overall if Minn effective in running game. I was thinking of Bears, under tease but just not sure how Chicago is going to play with Lazor?

So Nagy has handed off play calling duties to Lazor. What does this mean, in terms of how the game will be called? Bears also very thin and not very good at RB. Windy tonight, will Bears come out and throw more against an injured not so good secondary of Vikes? Two slow paced teams, would expect Minn to rely on Cook and not take chances with Cousins. Could mean less plays overall if Minn effective in running game. I was thinking of Bears, under tease but just not sure how Chicago is going to play with Lazor?
The Lazor calling plays is over blown. It is still Nagy's game plan, Nagy's scheme, Nagy's plays. Nagy still did all he does leading up to a game, he is simply letting Lazor call the same plays he would. Yes, maybe a different order, etc. but it isn't like a new or different offense or even new plays.

Seems too obvious to take the Bears with the 3 and hook all things considered.

I mean who the fuck are the Vikings to be division road favorites with Cousin Kirk behind center.

The Lazor calling plays is over blown. It is still Nagy's game plan, Nagy's scheme, Nagy's plays. Nagy still did all he does leading up to a game, he is simply letting Lazor call the same plays he would. Yes, maybe a different order, etc. but it isn't like a new or different offense or even new plays.
I get that from a standpoint of not changing the overall system but in this case with their backfield really not producing and OL not doing a great job in run blocking, do they change it up and let Foles toss it around more especially on early downs? This could make a difference and might be the way to go, considering vulnerability of Minn secondary.

Seems too obvious to take the Bears with the 3 and hook all things considered.

I mean who the fuck are the Vikings to be division road favorites with Cousin Kirk behind center.
Very similar to Philly being a road fave yesterday. But Minnesota has been trending up. I like their chances but not with the hook.

I get that from a standpoint of not changing the overall system but in this case with their backfield really not producing and OL not doing a great job in run blocking, do they change it up and let Foles toss it around more especially on early downs? This could make a difference and might be the way to go, considering vulnerability of Minn secondary.
Nagy barely ran the ball as is so I dont think it will change that much. What actually might change is Lazor likes more up tempo than Nagy so you could get extra plays, no huddles, etc.

The run game has been abysmal going back to last year. It is why I was so pissed this offseason. Pace failed miserably spending on Quinn and not the OL or addressing it in the draft. If signing Graham you do not take Kmet there. Anyway, the OL and run game has been the worst in the league the last 1.5 seasons so I completely agree there is no run game. @Jackpot777 has a good point on Foles over completions

To note, Whitehair is back. I've faded the Bears the last few weeks with Whitehair, Daniels, Massie out. Whitehair being back is important for the pass game but OL at large.

ESPN clean sweep, everyone took Vikings because "the bears run game". Sorry people, there never was a run game so not like it is different now.

Back