****MNF Report- BAL/PIT

• Thread starter Thread starter joebrensports
  • Start date Start date
J

joebrensports

My Play:

BAL +9

PIT enters this contest with a resume that is nothing to get excited about. They won @ CLE when Frye was starting, beat two mediocre teams in BUF, SF, lose @ AZ, beat a bad SEA team, lose at a terrible DEN team and beat a terrible defensive team in CIN. So how do PITT's numbers look after playing these bad wins? On offense they look quite avg. PIT is rushing for 4.7 ypr against teams who give up 4.4ypr, passing for 6.9 ypp vs teams who give up 6.5ypp and gain only 5.7yppl vs 5.5yppl. On defense PITT is quite good against the pass only giving up 5.2ypp vs teams who gain 6.3ypp.

BAL enters this contest with a terrible resume as well. Losing to CIN, BUF, close win vs SF, AZ, etc. But here is the key, BAL has played several games now without alot of key players. BAL has been without 3/5 of their OL as LT-OGden, C-Flynn, and RT- Terry have all missed significant time. BAL has also been without DE- Pryce and TE-Heap. All these players come back tonight. For BAL, their offense is below avg- just like LY, and their pass def is weak yielding 6.6ypp vs 5.9ypp. Parker should have another weak game vs BAL as BAL yields just 3.0ypr vs 3.9ypr.

Here is the keys to the game- Billick is outstanding off byes winning his last 5 and has now won 6 of 8 off a bye. McNair is outstanding vs PIT going 11-4. Billick has only lost 2 games ATS when getting 8 points or more. PITT does not play well ATS as a fav of 7 or more. Weather will play a key factor as well, as I believe it helps BAL more because PIT has the better offense. BAL has owned PITT throughout the years and getting key guys back tonight should make a HUGE difference. BAL is the pick tonight. GL

So is McAllister and Samari Rolle. That's two big hits to their secondary. Let's not forget that PITT was without Holmes and Ward for the Denver game, and Ward for another game before that.

With all of their WR's now healthy, look for PITT to exploit the missing players in BAL's secondary.

Also, just because some of these guys are coming back, McNair, Heap, Ogden, etc. doesn't mean they won't be rusty, or that they won't start slow. McNair was terrible before the 2 week "rest" this season, and Ogden has been hurt off and on for what seems like 3 years now.

Remember what happened to everyone who bet St. Louis 2 weeks ago because Bulger and Jackson were "coming back". Jackson got hurt again, and Bulger missed snaps with a re-aggrevation of his rib injury. Result = LOSS.

Not saying Pitt is a lock, just giving another angle.

Good health.

I think Rolle stinks, so IMO that is not much of a loss.

The weather should help neutralize this game.

I think heap is out as well. Also you are comparing all of the Steelers convincing wins over shit teams to the Ravens losses to shit teams. The Steelers are going to make a statement tonight.

31-10 Pit

Pitt needs this game too. Never made any sense the needs the game thing.
Thats exactly what I was going to say.....who cares. This is a division race. I'll go with a winning team to cover a large spread instead of a losing team to stay within the line. Thats saying that they aren't good enough to win but I think they will lose really close.

+9 pts in a divison race which could mean the divison (if the browns dont have nothing to say) come on now and its raining which could help the ravens defense. I will take the pts and dont be suprised if they win SU.

+9 pts in a divison race which could mean the divison (if the browns dont have nothing to say) come on now and its raining which could help the ravens defense. I will take the pts and dont be suprised if they win SU.

Bad field helps the Offense more than the Defense. they know where they are going and hurts the reaction time of the defender.

As far as the rain and total goes, from a more obscure angle

thus far this season

SNF is 7-1 to Over
MNF is 7-2 to under

anyone paying attention (as I've seen posted at covers, they are) has been conditioned to play Overs on Sunday, and Unders on Monday

and now the rain comes down on 2 historically defensive teams, which will do only 1 thing for the minds paying attention I just mentioned - promote the urge to go big on the Under here (price is already dropping fast at my books)

FWIW,

- these 2 teams have met 3 times in reg. season primetime since 2000, and are 2-1 to Over. Under favoured odds wise everytime.

- Pitt is 7-1 to Over at home in primetime since 2000

- Baltimore is 6-4 to Under (basically 50-50) on the road in primetime since 2000

BOL joe.

Back