MNF Philly @ Dallas

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
YTD ATS 12-7 63%

Everything on paper points to taking the points with Philly. However, I believe that Dallas is also a much improved team but I'm banking my money on one thing tonight. Emotions. Let me explain. Do you remember almost 2 years ago on September 25, 2006 MNF the New Orleans Saints were underdogs to Atlanta Falcons? New Orleans had just gotten back to their stadium for their first game since hurricane Katrina demolished their town. NO won 23-3. Tonight we find ourselfs in similar situations. Hurricane Ike caused havok in Texas and I believe that this will also be an emotional game for Dallas. They want to give something back to their fans tonight. It will also be their home opener on the last year they will ever play in that stadium. If you dont think emotions will be high tonight, you got another thing coming. I raked up on New Orleans in 2006 and I'm doing it again tonight with Dallas.

Dallas - 6 1/2 I see green tonight. money;money;

Last edited:
Agree. Philly has looked good early on this season but I like Dallas to cover tonight. Dallas isn't STL whom Phil destroyed last week. Any info on Barber? I assume he is good to go tonight. GL Shark.

I keep hearing people say Dallas isn't St Louis, but nobody seems to realize that Dallas is stepping up a ton in class, too. Tony Romo won't have 6 minutes to find an open guy every time he drops back like he did last week. Plus, I have to think comparing this situation to Hurricane Katrina is a bit much. Kinda like comparing a paper cut to hara-kiri.

I keep hearing people say Dallas isn't St Louis, but nobody seems to realize that Dallas is stepping up a ton in class, too. Tony Romo won't have 6 minutes to find an open guy every time he drops back like he did last week. Plus, I have to think comparing this situation to Hurricane Katrina is a bit much. Kinda like comparing a paper cut to hara-kiri.

True but you can say the same for Philly. They are stepping up in class (STL to DAL) and they are on the road this week. Last year they kept the game close and only lost 10-6 at Dallas. Romo was dreadful in that game. All signs (trends)point to a Phil cover but I don't see it tonight. McNabb won't have 6 minutes either to find an open receiver like he did last week against STL. I think Philly is good but this is a situational play for me if I take Dallas. McNabb has to prove to me that he is able to stay healthy for the Eagles to have a shot to win anything this year. Last week was a good start for him but I just think this is a bad spot for Phil. Westbrook will be key tonight for the Eagles to cover. As for tonight, it's either going to be Dallas -6.5 or the under 46.5. Leaning more towards the under. I want to see a little more out of McNabb before I put my money on him.

At another site a young salesman (mid 20's) from Ohio has "inside info" that Barber is very injured and may not play. He says it is reliable. Hope he is right, here were his 5* plays for the week.

[FONT=Impact,Times New Roman,Times,serif]5 STAR PLAYS[/FONT]
ARIZONA -10
CALIFORNIA -14.5
OKLAHOMA -20.5
ARKANSAS ST. -2.5

<!-- marketplace bottom --><!--include virtual="/bi/ice3/bitopnav-marketplace-btm.htm" --><STYLE>.dwstimestamp {display: none;}</STYLE><!-- how many comments/recommendations -->
Dalla Cowboys not worried about Marion Barber's injury

[SIZE=-1]01:37 AM CDT on Tuesday, September 9, 2008

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
tarcher@dallasnews.com
[/SIZE]
IRVING – Marion Barber was not talking Monday, but that's normal for the Dallas Cowboys running back.
Coach Wade Phillips did not express much worry over the rib injury Barber suffered in the third quarter of Sunday's season-opening win against Cleveland. He expects Barber to practice Wednesday and wasn't sure the Pro Bowl running back would even wear extra padding for Monday's game against NFC East rival Philadelphia.
"It depends on how he heals from the bruise," Phillips said, "but they expect him by Monday to be OK."
One teammate had an almost superhuman take on the durability of Barber, who picked up 80 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries before getting hurt.
"Barbarians don't get hurt," fullback Deon Anderson said. "They get bruised."

IRVING, Texas - Cowboys running back Marion Barber had full participation in Wednesday's practice despite suffering bruised ribs in the regular-season opener. Barring any setbacks, he looks like he'll be ready for Monday night's NFC East showdown against Philadelphia.
Cornerback Terence Newman (groin) may not be a lock to make his season debut against the Eagles, however. He and previously-sidelined teammates Miles Austin (sprained MCL) and Anthony Spencer (knee scope) practiced on a limited basis.
"They're getting closer to being ready, but they're not ready yet," Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips said.
Austin, who injured his knee in an Aug. 16 preseason game at Denver, wore a brace in practice but appeared to be running and cutting smoothly during the brief portion open to the media. Spencer also hadn't practiced since having a loose particle removed from his knee on Aug. 20.
Austin originally was projected to miss 4-6 weeks but has returned to practice in less than a month. His return would give the Cowboys four active wide receivers against the Eagles.
"I'm not really surprised," Austin said. "I was just going to take it day-by-day and it started getting better. I started feeling more comfortable with it. And now I'm here."
Barber didn't appear to be wearing any protective equipment for his ribs during practice. He sat out the final quarter-and-a-half of last Sunday's victory over the Browns after rushing 16 times for 80 yards and a touchdown.
"I think Barber is fine," Phillips said. "He just had bruised ribs. He didn't have anything more than that and he's a lot better today." Wide receiver Sam Hurd (high ankle sprain) and guard Kyle Kosier (hairline foot fracture) began working with team trainers during practice, but neither is expected to play Monday.

How bad was the storm damage in Dallas?

I thought south of there, like Houston and Galv took it the worst.

St Louis flooded pretty bad Saturday night from it and the Rams gave their fans a little something (Groin kick comes to mind)

How bad was the storm damage in Dallas?

I thought south of there, like Houston and Galv took it the worst.

St Louis flooded pretty bad Saturday night from it and the Rams gave their fans a little something (Groin kick comes to mind)

we had some showers and some mild winds. NOTHING compared to south texas

With You on DAL - 6.5 and OVER 46.5

Final Scores:

DAL 27 - PHI 20 ( Barely COVER & Over ... LOL...)

Shark,

:cheers:

Shark,

I'm not disagreeing with your pick but Dallas won't be emotional because of Ike. No damage here and we don't like Houston. I do think they will be emotional but more because of last Monday nite in Texas stadium.

Cowboys CB Terence Newman (groin) is slated to be active on Monday night, but will play in only nickel and dime packages. Pacman Jones will start at left corner and see a lot of DeSean Jackson in early-down coverage. Anthony Henry will take his usual spot on the right.
Source: Dallas Morning News

Great game. Congratulation Dallas backers. Thank you Tony Homo for fumbling in the end-zone. You prick.

:cheers:

Back