MNF Discussion

t-dot

Pretty much a regular
Big tilt in the Dallas tonight with probably the 2 best teams in the NFC and maybe the NFL going at it early.

I liked Philly up until yesterday, but am now heavily leaning Dallas.
Philly is good but the drubbing of a pitiful Rams team made them look great.
I just didnt know how bad the Rams actually were.

Any thoughts?

Yeah interested to see thoughts here... Philly could have beat the Rams by 50.... very curious to hear others thoughts here. I too liked Philly... with them beng a public underdog not anymore

I have heard rumblings that McNabb is a little banged up after their game vs. St Loo. Not sure how accurate they are, but I head this from a moderately accurate source.

Regardless, I don't like Philly in this spot. I'm not sure they are as good as you guys think. Still a bit of an unproven team if you ask me. I don't have much creedence to their win last week. This week is obviously a big test, but I don't know if I have them being better than DAL, NYG, GB, CAR, or CHI right now. And you might be able to put Minny or WAS in there too.

I think this is a middle of the road team (7-9 or 9-7) going against one of the top three teams in the NFL... Big mismatch

One of those lines were its like okay who doesnt like Philly ++ the points ?? Kept saying wtf did they open this line so high . Think it actually came out at 9...I guess who didnt think that .......

Thats what it boils down ...

Eagles played a terrible Rams team and Dallas who laid a beat down on the road vs a respectable Browns team. Granted Browns looked terrible at points but DAL offense just had tomany weapons to cover . Edwards killed CLE dropping that 1st H long TD pass ....and while they defense recovred in the 2nd H to play much better which carried over vs Pitt.......

Philly was about -7 at home vs a terrible Rams teams and Dallas was -6 @ Cle a decent opponent and on the road .....

Dallas just ahs so many weapons ...TO, Witten , Barber , Felix Jones looked great ...Crayton even did well ....

A deeper look makes me think Philly's offense was not impressive as it looks ....

It was only 21-0 at half ...and the key was teh ability to hit a deep ball or big play nearly ecevry TD drive......

1st TD (1st drive of game ) - Jackson 47 yd reecption and 15 yd penalty on top of it...scored on 3rd and goal at the 1 yd line.....they went 80yds and 62 came on 1 pass...

2nd TD ( 2nd drive of game) - faced some 3rd conversions and made both but both 3rd and long . So that speaks on the offense and facing a bad defense its not as hard to convert 3rd and longs.....early in teh drive 3rd and 7 pick jup 9 yds....then 3rd and from there own 38 Avant picks up 31 yds a back breaking type play ...after that philly just cut through them...

Punt - fail on 3rd and 6

Punt - fail on 3rd and 5 but hit another 50yd pass earlier in the drive.....

Punt -3rd and 10 failed

3rd TD - (last drive really before half inside the 2 minute warning )
Philly seemed content to just run out the clock with terrible field position ...inside there own 10yd line......Again 3rd and 8 from there 10 McNabb hits Baskett for a 90YD TD.....this type of stuff aint happening vs a good footbal team even if there secondary isnt upper tier caliber to me its football 101 ......really a sign of how bad STL is ......

2nd H -
Punt - had 2nd and 1 Westbrook couldnt pick up a yard and then McNabb was incomplete on 3rd and 1 ....bad sign IMO if you cant pick up short yardage to sustain drives.....

4th TD - Pretty damn good starting field position at your own 4 yd line. Westbrook did better on short yardage carries though he did fumble but recover it I believe upon getting a 1st down...picked up 3rd and 1 then 3rd and 2 on the ground ...Jackson had a 25 yd reception ....

FG - started at STL 9 and basically went backwards then forwards settling for 3 . Cant say much since the game was out of hand cant say it was a critical drive they failed on but 9 yards isnt much...3rd and goal from the 5yd line is incomplete...

Last TD- Looks like STL was disinterested ..10yds on 1st play then 20yd penalty and seemingly 10yds a play till they scored.......

After this McNabb pulled......STL gets a FG to avoid teh shutout 38-3 ...Eagles get the ball and LOL at this they chewed the last 9 minutes of the game up with Kolb and Booker running the offense......

4 passes accounted for 220 pf McNabbs 361 yds ...4 passes of 33 attempts ...Philly 522 yds total offense --- 220 on those 4 pass plays ----61yds to run out the clock ---leaves 241 yds gained the rest of the game on about 54 plays not bad but not as an impressive as the overall stats

look......

Unsure about the total but think Phillys offense will be working hard to score points .....

Thinking 28-17 type Dallas win ....
31 Avant , 47 D.Jackson , 52 G.Lewis and 90 Baskett

Playing :

Dallas -6.5 pretty strong IMO . Think Dallas shows just how good are they are Philly just how much work they need to get to Dallas level...

:cheers:BOL all

Nut I agree on all counts.

Philly is going to need Westbrook to run off a couple of 50 yarders for them to stay in this one.

Played 1st Q and 1st H .....

lean 1st H over then 2nd H under but not sure its even worth attempting .....

Boys lost last 2 games at home last year so this is important in that sense . Of course one was vs the Giants in a playoff game !

Laso played TT under Philly 20.5 kinda lean Over 27 Dallas but not sold they can crack 30pts on a good day vs the defense:cheers:

Good luck Nut. I'm hammering this one.... When all is said and done this will be one of my biggest plays of the season.

Crazy 2nd Quarter bro...I managed a split with the 1st Q q and 1st H plays but lost that team total on UND Philly . Guess it was worth it to go 1st H over then 2nd H under but I didnt ......adding Dallas 2nd H ...

read the play by play and Philly got some bounces in the 2nd Q IMO ...basically 14 pts off turnovers , another six on a long pas play to Jackson and then added 3 late with good field position and probably a tiring DAL defense ...

2nd H -7 ....BOL all

Tough one 2nd Q hurt bad. Just wish I pounded the Boys 2nd H that was a layup.....just to many free points to overcome...

Back