MNF 11/5 Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
5-2-1 MNF YTD
33-22-2 ATS YTD (60%)

I have the numbers at Pitt - 10. The Ravens are banged up and even if they get Pryce and McNair back I dont see them outscoring or stopping Pitt at home tonight. They both need this win and Pitt at home , well, its Pitt at home....

Pittsburgh 24 Baltimore 14

Pitt -8 1/2 (5dimes)

I like Pittsburgh at home tonight too.......but I still think about the last time they were playing at home on Monday night and everyone thought that Pittsburgh would kill Baltimore. The spread openned at like 10-11 and moved to 13. Baltimore came out and punched them in the mouth and then the Steelers were playing catch up the whole game. I think the final score was 20-19 Pitt. Baltimore always plays them pretty good no matter what kind of team they bring to the game. I'm leaning towards Pitt but I might wait for a good halftime line and hope that they are down at half.

What do you think about that??

J-DOG........that game opened at more like 6 and steamed all the way up to 13.I had never seen anything like it and you are right about the score.It was 2004...right around week 9.

Either way........It still didn't cover. And everyone was taking Pittsburgh. I remember because I got the line at like 9 from some dumbass book I was going through and I thought I got a deal......

I like Pittsburgh at home tonight too.......but I still think about the last time they were playing at home on Monday night and everyone thought that Pittsburgh would kill Baltimore. The spread openned at like 10-11 and moved to 13. Baltimore came out and punched them in the mouth and then the Steelers were playing catch up the whole game. I think the final score was 20-19 Pitt. Baltimore always plays them pretty good no matter what kind of team they bring to the game. I'm leaning towards Pitt but I might wait for a good halftime line and hope that they are down at half.

What do you think about that??

First of all, that was on 10/31/2005. Pitt was favored by 13. Game ended at Pitt 20 Balt 19. The Ravens also had Jamal Lewis, Chester Taylor, and Anthony Wright. Different teams, different times, and even different coach. I dont put too much weight in the past bro. I remember not too long ago Miami could pound New England's ass too, now they cant beat my High School. Go figure.

Thats exactly the point. This is a different team. I don't know what team you were watching but Anthony Wright Sucked! Jamal Lewis was only good the year he ran for 2000 yards. and no one cares about Chester Taylor. I know McNair hasn't done anything lately but he has the potential to take it to your ass. And McGahee has been running really good lately. I know the Steelers don't let 100 yard running games but they are not as air tight on the passing game. I hope you are right and the Steelers just roll on them tonight.

I am leaning towards Pitt because I think Big Ben should be able to exploit a banged up Baltimore D, but with rain in the forecast this evening I have to question what effect it will have on the game. Any take?

FYI.... it is in fact raining pretty hard right now in da burgh.

Winning Weather: The most favorable weather conditions for the Baltimore Ravens are games with winds 15 mph or less, without precipitation and temperatures between 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

Same forecast for Pitt. Looks like it is gonna favor the Under Total. Both teams struggle in this weather. I still think Pitt still covers here.

Winning Weather: The most favorable weather conditions for the Baltimore Ravens are games with winds 15 mph or less, without precipitation and temperatures between 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

Same forecast for Pitt. Looks like it is gonna favor the Under Total. Both teams struggle in this weather. I still think Pitt still covers here.

Good afternoon ,Shark

You have the total's number right on the line ! 24-14

36.5 37 & 38 ! I hate these numbers from the books !

Pitt & Under 2 units each for me

:cheers:

GL Shark.. Lean your side but no play for me with unknown field conditions..Although I would suggest shaky cornerback play gets more shaky in bad footing.. And Balt is very shaky in the secondary right now. Will look to get involved at HT perhaps.. :cheers:

JoJo, under would definitely be the play tonight but there is no telling what bag of tricks the Steelers pull out tonight to make this a decisive win. Go easy on the total bet. I would do a teaser instead of a parlay with Pitt and the OVER 32 if the line is at 38 for you. If you get the 36.5 line then the Over teased is the play with Pitt. Good Luck bud :cheers:

tee*dub......as always, good luck with whatever you do buddy :cheers:

JoJo, under would definitely be the play tonight but there is no telling what bag of tricks the Steelers pull out tonight to make this a decisive win. Go easy on the total bet. I would do a teaser instead of a parlay with Pitt and the OVER 32 if the line is at 38 for you. If you get the 36.5 line then the Over teased is the play with Pitt. Good Luck bud :cheers:

tee*dub......as always, good luck with whatever you do buddy :cheers:

Thanks, Shark -

I will not wagering on the Parlay to night -Cause,before I'm reading your thread -I plan to bet on the OVER -Especially on team that just come back from the bye,but maybe mother -nature will make a huge different to night

Side note: Can not wait till Tue -to see the look on my bookie's face ! LOL...

:cheers:

I don't see how you can find value in a line when you expect the result to be a point and a half different from what the bookmaker has it set at...good luck.

I don't see how you can find value in a line when you expect the result to be a point and a half different from what the bookmaker has it set at...good luck.

HUH ??? :36_11_6: I expect Pitt to win by atleast 10 and I got the line at 8 1/2. Is that too confusing ?

Also, some bettors wait till game time just to get a 1/2 point difference. That is my projected score BTW, it is not the Gospel. :shake:

Thanks Blitz but Im just as shocked as you that Pitt has almost covered the total by themselves and its only the first half. WTF :new_shocked:

I would do a teaser instead of a parlay with Pitt and the OVER 32 if the line is at 38 for you. If you get the 36.5 line then the Over teased is the play with Pitt.

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

money;

Congrats!!!! I had the Pitt team total.. Not very often you get a bet covered with 5 min left in 1st Half.. Good Health Bro:cheers:

Back