MLB World Series Tuesday 10/28

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD Playoffs 15-12 = +60

SF/KC over 7 (20 units)

No reason to think these two are going to suddenly be dominant. Both are hittable and one team should break out enough to score 7 by themselves. Shouldn't be a shutout for either team so the game sails over tonight.

Don't like a side here either and I still have a KC series bet going. I'm not tearing that ticket up yet because you never know and with these pitchers KC could survive to play game 7 tomorrow. But with Ventura who knows.

I do have a cute little hedge however as I am taking this side but only as a hedge not because I like SF tonight.

SF ML +120 (10 units)

I own a KC series bet at +100 for 10 units so this hedge bet at +120 for 10 units puts me in a pretty good position if the Giants end it tonight. Hey....... I am suddenly a SF fan! GL

May I ask why? Two games at K.City and you don't like San Fran in Tuesday's game so why throw away a ticket with home field advantage. What do you do if K.C wins game 6? It's early and I could be missing something here but I'm thinking if KC wins game 6 you lose your S.F ticket and you could still lose your K.C series ticket with San Fran winning game 7.

YTD Playoffs 15-12 = +60

SF/KC over 7 (20 units)

No reason to think these two are going to suddenly be dominant. Both are hittable and one team should break out enough to score 7 by themselves. Shouldn't be a shutout for either team so the game sails over tonight.

Don't like a side here either and I still have a KC series bet going. I'm not tearing that ticket up yet because you never know and with these pitchers KC could survive to play game 7 tomorrow. But with Ventura who knows.

I do have a cute little hedge however as I am taking this side but only as a hedge not because I like SF tonight.

SF ML +120 (10 units)

I own a KC series bet at +100 for 10 units so this hedge bet at +120 for 10 units puts me in a pretty good position if the Giants end it tonight. Hey....... I am suddenly a SF fan! GL

Hey Wire - why wouldn't you wait to hedge until Game 7?

First, I don't like being down 3-2 in the series no matter where the game is played. I expected KC to win this easier than they have as they are on the brink with one win in 2 games by SF. I don't like either side enough to bet but Peavy is a more proven commodity to me than Ventura overall so I guess I lean toward SF.

Second, let's look at tonight only. If SF wins obviously I will win the +.20 on the hedge. If KC wins it is true that I completely negate the series bet because the loss tonight cancels any win there but I'm still even if KC wins the series. It is also true that I could lose tonight and still lose the series tomorrow to SF but tomorrow, with KC winning tonight, SF will be a dog again for game 7. I think if KC wins I can make a good play based on SF being a dog in the last game.

I don't know what will happen in this game or what the odds will be in game 7 but I know I am not absolutely sure of a KC win with Ventura so I protect SF from ending the series now. I'll worry about game 7 later but also remember I love the over bet on this game so that, if it wins takes the money out of the series and the hedge. I did double the bet on the over for that purpose and because I like it. GL

First, I don't like being down 3-2 in the series no matter where the game is played. I expected KC to win this easier than they have as they are on the brink with one win in 2 games by SF. I don't like either side enough to bet but Peavy is a more proven commodity to me than Ventura overall so I guess I lean toward SF.

Second, let's look at tonight only. If SF wins obviously I will win the +.20 on the hedge. If KC wins it is true that I completely negate the series bet because the loss tonight cancels any win there but I'm still even if KC wins the series. It is also true that I could lose tonight and still lose the series tomorrow to SF but tomorrow, with KC winning tonight, SF will be a dog again for game 7. I think if KC wins I can make a good play based on SF being a dog in the last game.

I don't know what will happen in this game or what the odds will be in game 7 but I know I am not absolutely sure of a KC win with Ventura so I protect SF from ending the series now. I'll worry about game 7 later but also remember I love the over bet on this game so that, if it wins takes the money out of the series and the hedge. I did double the bet on the over for that purpose and because I like it. GL

Good Luck W2W always wish you the best (OT)

Just want to confirm the game is tomorrow and not tonight. At my age I can read something but it doesn't necessarily mean I can see what I'm reading. GL

Thanks Paulie and Emg for your responses. GL

Yes, Wise i was getting confused myself. I should havw said Tuesday instead of tonight and tomorrow. GL :)

Good luck w2w. I'm on the over with ya and need kc in the series, so I'll let the side ride.

Back