MLB Wednesday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
I'll update the record later on, a bit busy right now, just came in here to post my plays.

Braves (James) (2.04 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

I know backing James isn't a stroll in the park, but I can think of a worse thing to do and that's backing Hendrickson, who has pitched over his head in April, only to regress big and be demoted to bullpen for a while, now he'll replace Kuo and get the nod again.
I don't buy it. I don't have trust in his command nor am I too impressed with what he does. On a side note, James hasn't had any significant discrepancies between his home and road starts.
I'm aware Betemit and Kemp are hitting right now but Atlanta are actually picking up their game, they gave back a 6-3 lead last night pretty instantly but I do think they've improved a lot compared to their game 10 days ago.
I think they get the W tonight.

Kansas City (1.98 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

I'm going to back the Royals here again. Seattle has come down to Earth a bit after winning 9 out of 10. The Royals are hitting the ball, maybe even too much, some would say they "might have used up all the runs" last night by scoring 17, but I don't buy it, I think they're in a good period offensively and they keep feasting off Seattle pitching. Brian Bannister has been quite solid at home and in June and Washburn has posted nearly 6.00 ERA last month. The Royals as a dog at home, with Sweeney working his way back into the lineup, while Seattle are getting used to the life without Hargrove and have some banged up guys right now (Ibanez, Sexson).

St Louis (Thompson) (RL) (2.63 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

I backed the Cards last night only to see them get rocked. I'll take a leap of faith here again since I think they are ready for a possible upswing in the next few weeks, having connected well in the offense.
Brad Thompson is no Cy Young but he isn't a gas can either, and even though Livan is a workhorse he has been stuck in very poor period for a while, I expect the Cards to bounce back of a weird loss and win this one by 4 or 5 runs.

Looking for a 2/3 day guys. Good luck everyone. :cheers:

BOL today Satyr - there's some odd stat on the cards and july 4th, won the past 5 years or something haha. like that KC play as well, Bannister as a home dog.

ya know I have to agree w/ the Braves here. That game caught my eye last night just haven't had the time today to look over the card (hungover)..best of luck

ReNew yeah I read it :D, I don't buy into it much but hey, I hope the trend continues :D. GL tonight buddy. :cheers:

Troutman I hope bro, as I said, I'll take him over Sixers' boy any day of the week. GL tonight :cheers: let's hope for the Braves to step up.

Green let's go Braves, GL tonight bro

Steed good luck!

thanks everyone. Good luck tonight.

Cards actually haven't lost on 4th of JUly since 1999. But I agree that is meaningless... However the Cards have followed up 8 of their last 9 losses (many of them bad like last night) with a win. To me that is a nice trend. I like your pick. I got the ML-- hope your RL hits also:cheers:

Not playing the ATL/LAD game, but LAD tears up lefties, thus another high scoring game on tap with LAD bats being hot.

KC won 17-3 last night, I am staying away from that one.

Livan Hernandez always pitches poorly in June, but the calendar has turned.

GL

additional note: seemingly Seattle will be without Ibanez, Johjima and Sexson tonight.

Well first of all Seattle is winning, even without those 3 players, and the Cardinals are also losing at home to the D-Backs. Not looking toooooo fucking good either way. Maybe the tide will turn late! Naw, forget our Royals tonight guys as they're getting pounded by Seattle now (4-0). St. Louis, well they're St. Louis, meaning they've scored their run for the night! :down:

I guess I'm asking too much if I ask for Arizona SP not to HOMER, huh...

yes, both bets are done...hope to soften the blow with the Braves...

a sweep would kill me...

Back