MLB Wednesday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Early play for now:

Cards - Rockies over 8 (1.93 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

8 for a push, doesn't sound bad. Especially considering the pitching matchup. Wainwright (2-2, 5.60 ERA) is definitely hittable, so is Jason Hirsh (2-2, 3.82 ERA), despite so far solid numbers. Hirsh is a typical home pitcher, his road numbers are far worse than the ones at home.
Isringhausen had to close last night and it seems Cards' pen is shorter than usual especially on the back end.
On the other hand, the Cards might be waking up from a horrid period surrounded by the Hancock tragedy, when they were outscored 15-55 and played awfully on the plate.
Hirsh could give up a few and the struggling Cards' offense could receive another boost.
I love the fact the previous two have gone well under, and expect this one to exceed it. Long shot call: 9-6 either way.

A rather interesting game expected, a nice pitching duel here. John Maine has been lights out this year (5-0, 1.37 ERA) and has the best ERA in the majors. This is no coincidence either, he's had very dominant stuff so far plus getting run support equals in wins for the Mets. Morris (4-1, 3.20 ERA) shouldn't be underestimated either, he's been solid at home (2-0 with a 1.83 ERA in three home starts) and against the Mets (6-3 with a 3.33 ERA in 15 career outings).

However I think these Mets are something else when they bring out their A game, and they should get to Morris early, their bats are hot and they're batting .317 against Morris. On the other side, Maine has been unhittable more or less.

NY Mets (1.69 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Thanks guys. :shake: :cheers:

pl4y2win, yep I'm leaning that way but I'm scared of the Mets surging offense ;). That's why I took them rather than the under...

Btw, me and unders...whenever I have under in baseball I feel like I'm carrying a full glass of water and running in the same time, and I can't spill a drop :D.

Good catch bro..

Hard as hell for me to back that play w/ the Cards scoring more than 3 (which was 4 last night in one inning) once in 10 games..

But breakout was imminent and you caught it right..

Good work.

adding:

Blue Jays (Ohka) (2.57 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

The Red Sox went on a tear last night and there was no question of who the winner is, right after the first few innings, it was done. The Jays aren't clicking right now, they're losers of 7 straight and nothing seem to be bringing them back to life. However, I think they have a good shot of clinching a win tonight, and I'll be taking them at this price.
First of, Dice-K remains overpriced if you ask me. He can be a talented SP, but he obviously needs some time to adapt to the big league, and so far he's not pitching that well. He's struggling to find consistency and shouldn't be overfavored, especially on the road. Matsuzaka (3-2, 5.45 ERA) still has a winning record mostly thanks to the Boston offense, who bailed him out. He's posted a 2-0 record in his last three outings thanks to 20 runs of support.
Combine that with a fantastic run Boston were stuck in recent weeks, and I smell a letdown for the team tonight.
They had a free ride last night, even though I'm not the biggest Ohka fan around, I have to back him here.
Ohka (2-3, 5.50) has split his two season starts against Boston. He gave up seven runs over 11 1-3 innings in those outings.
The right-hander had his longest start of the season last Friday at Texas, but took the loss in a 7-1 defeat. He yielded seven runs and 10 hits, including two homers, in 7 1-3 innings.
I think he evens these numbers out a bit, against a team that might feel like shooting blanks after an amazing run they've had in recent days, with plenty of guys stepping up big on the plate.
As I said, not the biggest Ohka fan, but have to keep fading Matsuzaka at this price, while in the same time I'm looking for an all round team effort from the Jays to shake off the lousy streak.

Tigers (RL) (2.12 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

The Mariners have had a great run on the plate but I think it's slowly getting back to normal, or at least will after tonight, that's what I'm counting on. I'm aware the Tigs are on a 9 game winning streak but in all honesty I don't think this is the spot for them to go down.
Nate Robertson is 4-2 with a 2.34 ERA in six lifetime starts against Seattle. In his last appearance against them, he limited Seattle to one run and eight hits over seven innings in a 6-2 victory on Sept. 4. Two of his wins against Seattle have come at Comerica Park, where Robertson is 2-0 with a 3.16 ERA this season.
I've seen Baek (0-0, 7.53) once this year and I wasn't impressed, it's too early to say how he'll develop but at this point I think the blazing Tigers bats will flame him.
I know Sexson has good numbers against Robertson, but he's cold as ice right now, and I get the impression the M's can't wait to get back to Seattle after a long road trip and start their homestand against the Yanks.

Indians (Byrd) (2.14 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Fading the Halos here. They definitely slowed down a bit as far as offense is concerned, and going against an experienced pitcher such as Byrd might not make their life any easier. Byrd (2-1, 2.92 ERA) was solid this year, and he could use a huge momentum the Tribe are stuck in at the moment for another strong outing.
On the other hand Jered Weaver (1-3, 5.12 ERA) doesn't resemble the pitcher from the last season, his control is gone for the most part, and the Tribe are blazing hot right now. The Halos, on the other hand, looked awful on the plate last night and Byrd might not be the pitcher to go against in this situation.

Good catch bro..

Hard as hell for me to back that play w/ the Cards scoring more than 3 (which was 4 last night in one inning) once in 10 games..

But breakout was imminent and you caught it right..

Good work.

Thanks buddy, appreciate it. :shake: :cheers:

Back