MLB Wednesday 9/28

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +3054
3-3 last

All x50 each

Cinn/Pitt over 7 - These starters allowed 8 runs combined the last time these two teams met.
TB/Cle over 6 -140 - Books must figure the teams that have the playoffs locked up will sit some of their starters and that is true. But they forget the starting pitchers aren't going to be asked to go long either and that should allow the bullpens to come in and give up some runs. Especially those relievers that haven't done a great job will be called upon to throw to eat up innings and help the coaches decide who to keep for the playoffs. That usually means runs.
KC/Det over 7 - Then there are the matchups where both teams have been eliminated but the players are still playing because they are trying to secure jobs for next year.
NYY/Toronto over 7 - If the yanks are counting on Cole to make their big playoff run, and they are, they could be in trouble because he has been bad his last 3 starts.
Miami/Mets over 7 - Mets should shut down Walker for the next week because I think he's getting tired.
Balt ML +110 - Another rare ML dog bet for me. You need to look at the stats and ask why is Hill favored over Kremer? Then tell me because I can't figure it out.
Phil/Cubs over 6 - Philly should score 6 runs themselves.
CHW/Minn over 7 - Last two starts by both starters says this should go over pretty easily.
STl/MLW over 6 1/2 - Well at least this does shape up like a real pitchers duel. I'm just going over the number and not for any capping reasons so you should probably pass this one.
AZ/Hou over 5 1/2 - Even better pitchers here but the books know I have a sweet tooth for over 5 anything. Bastards. You should pass this one also.
LA/SD over 7 - Why not?
Texas/Seattle over 6 - This one will make up for a couple of those pitchers duels I should have passed. No way this number should be this low for these starters. Sails over.

Grand Salami over 115 x300 - Rare one of these for me but you have to be kidding with this number in 15 games. If 1 game scores double digits this should get home safely.

And yes, Inzane I like the Atlanta over very much but decided to play it in the GS instead.

GL

Good luck Wire.

:cheers3:

Any thoughts on the Cards laying down today since they clinched the Central last night?

Inzane, I actually am convinced the opposite is true. They may rest a player or two but those that do play will be relaxed since the pressure to make the playoffs is done. Intensity is an integral part of every sport except golf and baseball. I know for sure in baseball the more relaxed and having fun you have the better you perform. Get tense or feel under pressure and you will play badly. The fans, with a huge help from the moron announcers and press think when you HAVE to win it will make a difference. And it does in every sport but this one. In baseball how many times have you heard a coach or player say "We just have to play them one game at a time." Now, every sport may say that but it's a mind set to calm baseball players to just go out and play and they truly mean it.

Quintana is a very solid pitcher and I expect no less from him today and possibly more offense from a group of hitters without pressure. GL

Its the most wonderful time of the year!! Too bad we didn’t have better pennant races but the playoffs will be here soon enough. Kind of hoping Milwaukee makes a late run. That would make the final week worth watching. This Braves-Mets series should bring some drama for the division, not to mention the incoming weather that could derail it. Im hearing they could play it at a neutral site. GL

Good stuff Wise. They should play that series at a neutral site. I'm sure one of the domes are open. GL

Back