MLB Wednesday 9/25

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +287

Yesterday

MLB 3-0 = +16

Tip, don't read this next paragraph.......

I don't know why I am rooting for Cleveland to make the playoffs but I am. I was just as excited as all the fans last night in their dramatic come from behind 9th inning win. But while I was sitting there basking in the glow (and drinking) of another late win I realized that we are all being very naïve. I am not usually a fan of any team. It jades your thinking when it comes to capping and betting and no amount of supposed "objectivity" will change that for a true fan. But as I watched them celebrate I knew that you better enjoy this because this team can't easily beat really bad teams and I mean BAD teams so there is no way in hell they can beat a good one in the playoffs. So here is what I know for sure:

1) Cleveland will make the playoffs
2) Cleveland will play TB
3) Price will be a -140 favorite over Jimenez in that one game playoff
4) TB will beat Cleveland 5-1 (or worse) in the one game playoff and Cleveland will go make tee times.

As much as a long forgotten boyhood part of me hopes I am wrong the capper part of me tells me I am bang on.

If you give -1 run on games don't read the next part......

Since we first talked about this last week, if you took Cleveland on the ML you would be 5-0. If you took Cleveland and gave the -1 run you would be 2-0. Thus endeth the lesson.

Sides: 5 units each

Pittsburgh ML -170

Tampa Bay ML -160

LA/SF over 6 1/2 -110

CHW/Cleveland over 7 1/2 -110 - Yes, I know this is foolish but with these starters I think I can get 8 runs to just get this total home safe. And don't go thinking how great Salazar has been because that was with the 80 pitch count and I think limiting him early has fucked him up now that they will let him go longer. (And I hear he will go longer) I think the young man will have trouble pacing himself now where before he could just let it out because he knew he wouldn't be out there for very long.

GL

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses yesterday. I appreciate it. Johnny I am sorry I didn't get back to you on the total but I wouldn't have had any suggestions for which way to go anyway. GL

Wise, I think I missed you a few days ago. As always thanks for the response. GL

Salazar hasn't been at his best. Some of that is management IMO. Ball should fly well at Progressive tonight I hope. :shake:

Wire : I was coming to ur thread today to ask you about the OVER in the lad/sf game & see you have it as a play, unless I am missing something this game should go OVER 6.5 for fun, why is it so low? I was expecting it to be 7.5 -120 . The over here could be my largest play of this mlb season to date. GL on the action

Hope so Steed. GL

Cash, I honestly don't know. Only factors I can figure are:

- SF hasn't scored more than 2 runs in their last 4 games.
- LA will surely sit some starters because they are already in.
- SF at night is notoriously a tomb and the ball doesn't carry
- Weather factors?
- Sometimes the books overthink things in the last week before playoffs. They give shit pitchers -300 price tags just because their teams "must" win and are in playoff contention. You have heard me rant about that for years.

All I know is when I think they have made a mistake I never worry about that other gambling myth "traps". I just make them pay. GL

Guess I had better add TB since U like them. Hughs has looked pretty bad of late going 0-6, 6.15 in his last twelve starts.

Hope ur Indians come thur for U. They are playing good ball winning
winning six of their last seven games and they've won 13 in a row against the White Sox wow

BOL on the all my friend

Thanks Blood. I never liked "Boom Boom" Hughes. He allows too many HR's. Just have a weird hunch that Cleveland streak ends tonight but not strong enough to take the dog when it's the White Sox. GL

Never mind that last post. I thought the LA/SF was cancelled but it is still up. Line has jumped from 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 though if you want it now but I got in and stayed in at 6 1/2. GL

Last edited:
Back