MLB Wednesday 8/10

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +4395
2-1 last

Suffice it to say things didn't work out for the internet at the cabin. Fallen trees from the tornado knocked down the power poles and it took several days to restore power. Her cousin neglected to mention that little fact. We will be returning a week from this Friday (8/19), and we will try again to have the internet company return to get things going so the wife can work from there. Our plan is to stay for two weeks returning after Labor Day. I should be able to post from there then, but it won't really matter because everyone will be betting football and no one will give a shit about baseball anyway. But at least this time I won't have a smart-ass French internet installer say (in French of course) "Mister, I can set up the router but how would you suggest I test my internet install without power?" And then under his breath he said "Maudit Anglais." which basically means stupid Englishman. At which point I said in French, can we schedule for 10 days from now and when he found out I spoke some French instead of my wife doing all the talking he suddenly changed his attitude toward me which was hilarious.

We only got electricity at the cabin about 15 years ago, so it was fun doing things the old way with oil lamps and such. And the moral of that story is even though you get electricity don't throw out your oil lamps and stoves.

All x100 each overs -140 unders -130

Cinn +2 1/2 -120 - Zeuch is pretty new and from what I see not very good, but Walker has struggled recently and got crushed in his last. Mets can win just not by 3 or more with very good odds getting those runs.
TB/MLW over 7 - MLW should get the nod for the win, but I am going to take the over which may be safer.
Wash/Cubs over 7 - Cubs should win this one too but the wind must be blowing in at Wrigley because this total is too low for these starters. I love overs when the wind blows in in Chicago.
Ana/Oak over 7 - Bit of an over festival here today as they should get to 3-3 in this one.
SF +2 1/2 -220 - Other than last night, no big offensive jump for SD with all these new hitters. Junis pretty solid and Manea really hammered in last. Figure Giants to stay close.
NYY/Seattle over 6 1/2 x100 - Shapes up as a pitcher's duel but I think one of these starters blows.
Miami/Phil over 6 1/2 - Same thing here but I see 3-3.
Cle/Detroit over 7 1/2 - Hate the hook but Civale just off the DL and Hutchison allows a lot of baserunners.
CHW/KC under 9 1/2 - Both starters have been solid. Probably lose this by the 3rd inning but worth an under shot.
St Louis/Colo under 12 - I always bet under at Coors when the starters have allowed 3 runs or less in their last 3 starts. Fits perfectly here.
Pitt +2 1/2 -240 - Not sure why Keller is such a big dog to Bumgarner (-170) in this one, but I will take the runs. Nice Pirate ML chance here as well.
LA ML -160 - Gray has been solid but so has the kid Pepiot. Nice price on Dodgers at home.

Going a little more today but I like my chances of at least breaking even. I also liked Verlander and Houston, but I have a hunch to avoid that one at -330 (which I usually don't) and I always listen to my hunches. GL

Bunch of cheese-eating surrender monkeys in 'la belle province'.

Whenever we encounter a vehicle with Quebec plates out here: "Welcome to Alberta. Start pulling your fucking weight."

Thanks Inzane. Always appreciated. GL

Thanks a lot Chip. Now I have to wipe all the beer off my computer screen because when I read your post, I sprayed down everything laughing. GL

Back