MLB Wednesday 7/24

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +1285
0-1 last

Thanks Bank. Lynn has pitched better this year, but he has always been money for me especially with totals. But you are right this year he looks good next to the other clowns in MLB. GL

Folks, Pitt is between a rock and a hard place. They have no hitters. Zero. They have the NL Cy Young winner though. But when fans think they can build a winner around one truly great pitcher they are sadly mistaken. How and where are you going to get hitters? Draft them? Takes at least 3 years to develop. Trade other players for them? What do you have to trade when you have no hitters and no other pitchers yourself? Forget that. The Pirate front office has only one choice and you heard it here first. They will trade Skenes for hitters and a decent pitcher or two. Fans will hate it but that is what must happen. Pirate fans will never understand that, but it is going to happen. The only question is will it happen this year or next?

Ana/Seattle over 7 -70/+50

GL

YTD +1285
0-1 last

Thanks Bank. Lynn has pitched better this year, but he has always been money for me especially with totals. But you are right this year he looks good next to the other clowns in MLB. GL

Folks, Pitt is between a rock and a hard place. They have no hitters. Zero. They have the NL Cy Young winner though. But when fans think they can build a winner around one truly great pitcher they are sadly mistaken. How and where are you going to get hitters? Draft them? Takes at least 3 years to develop. Trade other players for them? What do you have to trade when you have no hitters and no other pitchers yourself? Forget that. The Pirate front office has only one choice and you heard it here first. They will trade Skenes for hitters and a decent pitcher or two. Fans will hate it but that is what must happen. Pirate fans will never understand that, but it is going to happen. The only question is will it happen this year or next?

Ana/Seattle over 7 -70/+50

GL
The Pirates have been a glorified farm team for the MLB for decades now. Nutting and company tried to fool fans into thinking he was actually going to spend by extending superstar Bryan Reynolds (tongue in cheek). 29th in payroll with plenty of money to spend. Skenes should be running far away from these idiots, as fast as he can.

Thanks Inzane. Would be great to heat up. GL

Thanks Pirate. Hope it cashes. GL

Thanks Peel. I guess it is possible Pitt could buy a few bats through free agency but as you say the front office doesn't seem inclined to do that. Good info with the summary. GL

wouldn't be anything new. there are some fantastic aces around the league who all came up with pirates. the main difference that probably make this even harder to swallow is pirates were terrible developing the other guys and for the most part they took off after leaving pirates. this time skenes was already a finished product so they couldn't screw him up, on the bright side that would/should mean a huge return. i have no clue what kind of shape pirates farm system in as i really don't follow that stuff. you can't win with one guy but don't they have at least one or 2 highly thought of pitching prospects?? i thought they came into year with skenes and another kid being touted but i guess he got hurt or sent down? one pitcher doesn't make a contender but if you got 3 front line starters then you cooking with some grease! most cardinals decent teams have been much more pitching than offense, and they have done it with retread older pitchers! not guys with electric stuff, this div could be taken without good offense, cards and brewers been winning it with medeocre offenses the last decade! lol

wouldn't be anything new. there are some fantastic aces around the league who all came up with pirates. the main difference that probably make this even harder to swallow is pirates were terrible developing the other guys and for the most part they took off after leaving pirates. this time skenes was already a finished product so they couldn't screw him up, on the bright side that would/should mean a huge return. i have no clue what kind of shape pirates farm system in as i really don't follow that stuff. you can't win with one guy but don't they have at least one or 2 highly thought of pitching prospects?? i thought they came into year with skenes and another kid being touted but i guess he got hurt or sent down? one pitcher doesn't make a contender but if you got 3 front line starters then you cooking with some grease! most cardinals decent teams have been much more pitching than offense, and they have done it with retread older pitchers! not guys with electric stuff, this div could be taken without good offense, cards and brewers been winning it with medeocre offenses the last decade! lol
Skenes and Keller are as legit a 1-2 as there is in the league right now imo

then who the other young kid who was highly thought of. think i remember they started year w 2 big pitching prospects but dunno what happened to the other. add that to skenes/keller and you got making of a hell a rotation i think they could def win nl central anyways without a ton of hitting.

i know you will hate this but pretty sure i'd still take nola over keller! skenes so electric i'd even listen to him over wheeler already, wheeler does have those postseason chops (and a way better team around him!) but i can't imagine skenes struggling in any setting, he the real deal his stuff so good and he is very efficient for being so young! he seems to be getting better by the start, going more than 6 innings on the regular now. love seeing that, that makes the entire pen better when you have a guy going 7+ every 5th day!

i know you will hate this but pretty sure i'd still take nola over keller! skenes so electric i'd even listen to him over wheeler already, wheeler does have those postseason chops (and a way better team around him!) but i can't imagine skenes struggling in any setting, he the real deal his stuff so good and he is very efficient for being so young! he seems to be getting better by the start, going more than 6 innings on the regular now. love seeing that, that makes the entire pen better when you have a guy going 7+ every 5th day!
Yeah, I'm Keller over Nola all day

Yeah, I'm Keller over Nola all day

if have to look closer to day for sure but my instinct is i trust nola more. feel like keller has the stuff but lacking the how to pitch a little. pirates coaching staff isn't known for helping any their young pitchers blossom! lol.

i know this isn't the spot but i just found usa vs france olympic soccer, all all the best players playing after just coming off euro or copa? wasn't sure.

if have to look closer to day for sure but my instinct is i trust nola more. feel like keller has the stuff but lacking the how to pitch a little. pirates coaching staff isn't known for helping any their young pitchers blossom! lol.

i know this isn't the spot but i just found usa vs france olympic soccer, all all the best players playing after just coming off euro or copa? wasn't sure.
Nope, it's under 23 except for 3 senior level squad guys and none of them played in Euros/Copa

Nope, it's under 23 except for 3 senior level squad guys and none of them played in Euros/Copa

gotcha. i didn't think i saw the french players i knew out there and figured having just played those other tourneys might not be the top guys.

Not a Nola guy but Keller is a solid 3 on most teams, nothing more.

French put it away on 2 shots at length while the US hit two posts. It happens. Match stats would have you betting draw all day at the +375 odds, scoreboard just didn't reflect it.

i saw one post off header to far corner that def shoulda been a usa goal, then i saw 2 really good saves from france goalie. only saw one the french goals i think and it wasn't much but a chipping wedge that had some bend to it, dunno why usa goalie couldn't save that?

Not a Nola guy but Keller is a solid 3 on most teams, nothing more.

i think keller has better stuff than a normal 3 but not sure his results that much better than a solid 3., he one these guys feel like i been waiting for years to see him bring game to another level and he never really has imo. still think the stuff is plenty good but it kinda disappointing how low his swinging strike rate is and he just doesn't consistently put up dominant performances. he really right in what should be his prime, wonder if he got some different pitching coaches they could get a little more out of him? put him with giants staff and see what they could do, they pretty good getting most out of guys. unlike pirates who been known to hold pitchers back, lol.

Cole clown show per usual when I bet on him to do something important

Mutts teeing off on him when they strike out at a high clip against less than average pitchers

i think keller has better stuff than a normal 3 but not sure his results that much better than a solid 3., he one these guys feel like i been waiting for years to see him bring game to another level and he never really has imo. still think the stuff is plenty good but it kinda disappointing how low his swinging strike rate is and he just doesn't consistently put up dominant performances. he really right in what should be his prime, wonder if he got some different pitching coaches they could get a little more out of him? put him with giants staff and see what they could do, they pretty good getting most out of guys. unlike pirates who been known to hold pitchers back, lol.
He hardly ever has really bad games. Maybe metrics say different but ERA and WHIP are stellar for a number 2. Not sure what everyone is expecting out of a #2 after a dominant #1...I expect better than Nola lol but that's a different story. Skenes wasn't #1 coming in to this season, Keller seems to have just gotten better since Skenes got the call up. Great #2 in my book.

Back