MLB Wednesday 6/5

No shit. LMAO. I was actually watching the Phillies game today and they said Nola just threw a sweeper, and then he said but it didn't have any horizontal break to it. GL :)

Crazy that Skenes is averaging over 100 mph on his fastball. Probably makes for a decent first five fade against good hitting teams for now but once he learns even the slightest bit of movement on that pitch he will become unhittable.

Very true KJ but I’m trying to figure out the pitching fail on the part of LA. GL
Yeah pretty odd outing for a really good pitcher, I'd toss this game going forward

One fun thing about the Snakes against LA, you'll likely notice a lefty reliever starting several times. Torrey has taken this concept by storm to try to get through Betts/Ohtani/Freeman in the first inning with a lefty and then bring in a natural starter. Pretty smart, don't let them get up 2-0 or whatever and use a good lefty out of the pen in the 1st inning instead of the 7th.

Yeah pretty odd outing for a really good pitcher, I'd toss this game going forward

One fun thing about the Snakes against LA, you'll likely notice a lefty reliever starting several times. Torrey has taken this concept by storm to try to get through Betts/Ohtani/Freeman in the first inning with a lefty and then bring in a natural starter. Pretty smart, don't let them get up 2-0 or whatever and use a good lefty out of the pen in the 1st inning instead of the 7th.
Reds did this exact thing last Sunday vs LA.

Interesting

Back