MLB Wednesday 6/19

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +1225
1-0 last - Of course I knew when I capped it the Dodgers would overcome a 9-4 deficit with 7 runs in the 9th. Everyone should have seen that coming! Talk about shithouse luck.

Thanks KJ. The problem is they won't call for that sinker. Yet. When they do the kid could be Cy Young material. GL

Again, good stuff Pirate. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Most of what I can recount about the minors is not safe for family viewing. We had a lot of time on our hands and did a lot of wild things as unsupervised young men are prone to do. We drank a lot of beer and terrorized the townies who were humorously actually quite used to it. There was a movie called Summer Catch that closely depicts what it was like back then to play in the minors. Aside from the off the field fun there was a lot of serious competition from our own teammates as everyone was trying to out do everyone else in an effort to make it to the bigs. By the way, I never heard the term "The Show" until I saw the movie Bull Durham. It was always the bigs or majors to us, but I guess Hollywood needed a more exotic name like "The Show". I wonder if any real minor leaguers ever used that term? GL

Only one again today but I was tempted by Balt +150. Do fans really think Cole is going to come out after a long layoff and throw a no hitter against a pretty good Oriole club? I bet he has an 80 pitch limit and will be shocked if they let him see the 6th. But the books know the fans believe it, which is why they make Cole, who should be a -120 favorite, a -170 favorite.

Atlanta ML -65/+50 - I grant you that Skubal is a solid pitcher, but he allowed 4 runs in his last and I never like to back a guy who had a bad last. Lopez has only allowed 3 runs once in his 12 season starts. That's pretty solid as well and at only -130 the Braves offense is better than the Tiger offense even if Skubal has a good day. You won't get another chance for the rest of the season to get Atlanta at home at only -130. Worth a shot.

GL

Last edited:
Wire, if you ever come west where we have internet by the way! Lol. I’m gonna take you to this coffee shop that Bloodhound hangs out at. Here’s the catch. We have to wear an Alabama hat. It’s time!

Wise I would love to come see you. And I would love to see anyone that even looks like Blood. Although he and I would probably start arguing about pitchers or college wide receivers. And I would be proud to wear a Tide hat in his honor. GL

P.S. What's the "inter-net"?

Back