MLB Wednesday 5/17

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2260
3-5 last - Dogs helped keep this to only losing 70.
GS pushed - Only luck kept me from losing my ass on that one.

Thanks Tim. I appreciate the response. GL

I don't normally listen to TV announcers but when I have recently they are droning away at these new rules and how they make the game great again. I get that they are supposed to do this by MLB league directive. I also get that something doesn't have to be true in this country when all you have to do is say something is true and 90% of the people believe you whether it is true or not. But I would appreciate it if MLB would stop lying about some of these rules.

Are the games shorter? Yes absolutely. But as we have discussed in here when we go to the ball park it is not a good thing the game ends earlier but at least the new rules on this point are true the game is shorter.

Is the game more exciting because of better defensive plays without the shift? I don't see it. On this point you can disagree and I will go along with you but I don't see better infield defense because of no shift.

"Batting averages are way up because of no shift!!!!!" This is completely false. Last year the league batted .243. This year they are batting .248. Not only is that horrible but I can promise you the league will bat worse than .243 by the end of the year because we are only a quarter of the way through the season and the more at bats you have the harder it is to maintain your average. And when your average is a measly .248 after a quarter of the season that's not good. Wait and see the no shift will not result in higher batting averages. To be honest, I would have thought it would but the stats say no. Oh, and please don't tell me about how batting average doesn't tell the story because it doesn't count walks and doubles and stuff. Trust me when you only reach base 1 in 4 at bats you suck. The league made up that OPS bullshit to try and say the hitters aren't really as shitty as their averages say they are. By the way, yes they are that shitty.

Finally we have yet to see what impact these speedy pitching rules have on pitcher injuries. Wait until end of July and see how many pitchers are hurt. If the MLB league can drone on about how great their new rules are I can drone about how they are full of shit.

All x50 each - I found this a very difficult card. I may come back for a GS later but these were tough games for me today.

LA ML -140 - Gray is not bad but I can get the Dodgers at home at only -140. May allows a lot of runners so you will be on the edge of your seat if you bet LA in this one but I think they can pull it out.
Phil ML -120 - Walker not bad but Stripling is struggling. Low risk to bet the Phillies in this one.
BAL ML -130 - Good home odds here as well. Bradish is solid enough and Canning got crushed in his last two starts.
TB ML +100 - Fleming is another one of those relievers making a start and I fucking hate that but Senga got smashed in his last start.

GL

They are on to me at work and blocking more and more of my websites I get info from. They even blocked my access to CTG but I am only working for 4 more days before the school year ends and they can’t stop my phone. Things may not be posted as pretty but they can’t stop us. Power to the people!!!!

ADDING >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grand Salami over 136 -330/+300

GL

It’s a shame Senga doesn’t have more control. It’s actually weird he had such a bad game vs reds cause I think that was by far the fewest walks he had in a game. I’m assuming he threw a lot of his cutter but I have to check. Seems like that when he gives up hits, when he doesn’t have command of the 4 seamer, walks some guys, and starts using the cutter to get over the plate but guys hit that pitch. Dude could be filthy if he threw his 4 seamer for strikes and got more hitters into favorable counts to throw the forkball. Certainly don’t trust him vs rays, if he walking guys they will punish him for it.

Back