MLB Wednesday 4/13

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +20
13-1 last

Yes, Wise, well, kind of I went unders because of high totals. Capped a lot of those games as well and lots looked under. It worked out as that was my best overall day ever at 13-1. But looks more mixed today with overs and unders. I agree lots of 4 and 5 starters yesterday, but the funny thing is a lot of #1 starters are going again today and they looked real bad in their opener. GL

All x50 each - all unders -130 and overs -140

Cle/Cinn under 10
Cubs ML -120
Bost/Det over 7 1/2
LA ML -160
Hou ML -140
Oak/TB over 7
Tor/NYY over 8
Sea/CHW under 9 1/2

Parlay:

Wash +2 1/2 -220
Mets +2 1/2 -280

-50/+50

GL

Awesome day and good luck Wire.

:cheers3:

I don't know if you put any faith in the wind, but there's a 18-20mph breeze blowing in at Detroit forecast for game time.

Thanks Inzane. I do look at wind if it's a big bet but wind can be overrated by cappers. Example is that big wind in Detroit today says home runs won't be easily hit. But blowing in will push pop up foul balls out of play and extend an at bat. Also, will knock down liners to the outfield that would have been caught but fall in for hits instead because of the wind. Can also affect accuracy of throws in from the outfield. Works both ways but casual cappers don't think about how it can help a hitter. GL

Thanks Inzane. I do look at wind if it's a big bet but wind can be overrated by cappers. Example is that big wind in Detroit today says home runs won't be easily hit. But blowing in will push pop up foul balls out of play and extend an at bat. Also, will knock down liners to the outfield that would have been caught but fall in for hits instead because of the wind. Can also affect accuracy of throws in from the outfield. Works both ways but casual cappers don't think about how it can help a hitter. GL

I love using wind in my capping but as you said there a lot more to it than simply if wind blowing in or out! I’ve seen many games where a pitcher like wainwright curveball has more bite when the wind blowing out! Ball might carry more but doesn’t matter if hitters not barreling it up! I always favor ground ball pitchers over fly ball pitchers when wind a factor. Just a couple things to think bout, your point bout pushing more balls that typically be outs into stands is interesting, I’ve never really thought bout that. I have already seen a game this year where several would be outs fell for hits cause wind pushed them so much!

Back