MLB - Wednesday 4/10

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
SEASON: 33-25, +15.1560 Units
YESTERDAY: 5-2, +5.3875 Units

Good morning. I wanted to address a few points. Two days ago someone pointed out an accounting error which I fixed. Feel free to do so. It's never done intentionally. In fact, sometimes it works against me and at times for me. When playing at three different books and also playing some basketball and hockey not to mention some small insignificant bets I don't even post here, I end up with 4 sets of accounting books, and the one of least significance, is the one here since it doesn't actually affect my wallet. So feel free to chime in if you see an error. Also please remember, when I play a favorite, the amount of units listed is the amount I will win. When I play a dog, it's the amount of units I am risking.

To the regulars at CTG, I hope I am not offending anyone by trying to drive traffic to this outstanding site through the people who follow me on Twitter. I am just trying to better the site and be loyal to the people here, who have always been gracious to me. My number one intention is to get more people involved in this forum and in particular, the outstanding daily baseball discussion thread with GWarner, NBAfan, Sportsnut, AJ and so many others as well as Shorty's umpire work. I am by no means trying to steal anyone's thunder here and the only reason my views are so high is because people direct link to it from Twitter when I post the link.

Anyway, I am still kicking myself for not playing the Astros yesterday. I scared myself after losing with them on Monday and was kicking myself yesterday....I still can't believe the 3rd strike Marty Foster called on Ben Zobrist with two outs in the B9 at Texas on Monday. It was the worst strike call I have seen in over 25 years. As I read somewhere, it's tough to have sympathy for an umpire when he makes such a glaring mistake. When coaches make such mistakes, they are in jeopardy of being fired. When players make such mistakes, they can be benched. When umpires do it, nothing really happens.

TAMPA +113 (1.5 UNITS)

OVER TOR/DET 9 RUNS (-110) (1.5 UNITS)

OVER LAD/SD 7 RUNS (-120) (1.25 UNITS)

REDLEGS -120 (1.25 UNITS)

OVER OAK/LAA 8.5 RUNS (-110) (1 UNIT)

OVER CHISOX/WASH 7.5 RUNS (-120) (1 UNIT)

BALTIMORE +130 (1 UNIT)

Last edited:

To the regulars at CTG, I hope I am not offending anyone by trying to drive traffic to this outstanding site through the people who follow me on Twitter. I am just trying to better the site and be loyal to the people here, who have always been gracious to me. My number one intention is to get more people involved in this forum and in particular, the outstanding daily baseball discussion thread with GWarner, NBAfan, Sportsnut, AJ and so many others as well as Shorty's umpire work. I am by no means trying to steal anyone's thunder here and the only reason my views are so high is because people direct link to it from Twitter when I post the link.

I think I speak for all the mods/partners when I say we are by no means offended. Any extra traffic is great and the posters that have followed you here have been excellent so far. They've been incredibly respectful and provided great insight and discussion.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the site

GL today Game

I think I speak for all the mods/partners when I say we are by no means offended. Any extra traffic is great and the posters that have followed you here have been excellent so far. They've been incredibly respectful and provided great insight and discussion.

GL today Game

:thumbsup2:

THANKS Schrute!

GL today Game

amen.

glad to see you on that Toronto over.. I managed to snag 8.5 -20 last night.. buehrle is horrible in April and rick is owned by most jays hitters. good luck on all your plays:shake:

glad to see you on that Toronto over.. I managed to snag 8.5 -20 last night.. buehrle is horrible in April and rick is owned buy most jays hitters. good luck on all your plays:shake:

I caught some 8.5 myself also but wanted to post what is available now and what I still think is worth playing. Good luck today.

GL today Game

+1

GL today Game

+1

Hey GH... I'll start off by saying I have no idea which stadiums with retractable roofs are open or closed today. I'm just curious about this... Do you ever factor in whether a roof is open or closed (ex: TOR, AZ) in your decision making process with totals at applicable parks? And if you do, what level of importance do you give it? Following up on that... Level of importance greater at certain parks?

That's a question I've rarely considered, Karl, I'm anxious to see Gamer's response. Thanks and GL on today's card, Gamer.

Hey GH... I'll start off by saying I have no idea which stadiums with retractable roofs are open or closed today. I'm just curious about this... Do you ever factor in whether a roof is open or closed (ex: TOR, AZ) in your decision making process with totals at applicable parks? And if you do, what level of importance do you give it? Following up on that... Level of importance greater at certain parks?

Hey KK. I definitely take it into consideration but it's not a factor that is decisive by itself. I like to research roof factors and see if there are statistical trends and I believe our friend AJ has it on his site. Am I allowed to mention his site here?

I do look closely at Arizona OVERS when the temperature is around 100 degrees and roof is open. I call their roof hotline number at 602 462-6262 around 12-2pm for their roof updates.

Hey KK. I definitely take it into consideration but it's not a factor that is decisive by itself. I like to research roof factors and see if there are statistical trends and I believe our friend AJ has it on his site. Am I allowed to mention his site here?

I do look closely at Arizona OVERS when the temperature is around 100 degrees and roof is open. I call their roof hotline number at 602 462-6262 around 12-2pm for their roof updates.

Thanks GH... We're pretty much on the same page with this as I give AZ the greatest level of importance as well, especially in when its blazing hot like you mentioned. I've seen some cappers also factoring in open/closed with Toronto's Rogers Centre quite a bit lately as well. Is this on your radar as well for any reason? Honestly haven't done any research or tracked anything*on Rogers Centre myself.

Also, been following you at blankets for many years now. Don't post there anymore either (completely different handle over there). Anyway, you mention "AJ"... Are you referring to "AJPierzynski" from blankets?

I think he's referring to AJ who is LuolDeng from CTG

He was AJPier at Covers as well

We'd love to have him back

I think he's referring to AJ who is LuolDeng from CTG

He was AJPier at Covers as well

We'd love to have him back

Ahhhhh... Ok, thanks Dwight. Lol I never knew LuolDeng over here was AJPierzynski over there. Thanks for clearing that one up for me.

Yeah it's not easy when one person has multiple handles.

Keep up the great work GH. I'm sure everyone will welcome all the users that you bring over thru twitter

And if any of them start trouble, fondy will take care of them. Instaban!

Good luck!

Anyway, I am still kicking myself for not playing the Astros yesterday. I scared myself after losing with them on Monday and was kicking myself yesterday....I still can't believe the 3rd strike Marty Foster called on Ben Zobrist with two outs in the B9 at Texas on Monday. It was the worst strike call I have seen in over 25 years. As I read somewhere, it's tough to have sympathy for an umpire when he makes such a glaring mistake. When coaches make such mistakes, they are in jeopardy of being fired. When players make such mistakes, they can be benched. When umpires do it, nothing really happens.

Had the same reaction on first take, but after reading this post, I have a much different thought. It was definitely a bad call, but it isn't as bad as what people are saying.

Everyone stop showing gh so much love in here, my 2-8 start to the season is on full display in the daily discussion threads. Thanks

Everyone stop showing gh so much love in here, my 2-8 start to the season is on full display in the daily discussion threads. Thanks

You're a dead closer in a marathon and are just waiting for the speed runners to burn out before you pass us all!

Det/tor went as expected. If you don't add the mets GH could you tell me why The didn't make the cut? Seems like a good spot with Kendrick in ugly form. And Hefner dealing well :dunno:

Get on AIM so I can watch you and Tru argue about taking +1.5s vs MLs

Besides this sport I have sworn off MLs forever, definitely need to get that chatroom going again so he can yell at me for that and having only 12 plays all year in NCAAF hahah

Besides this sport I have sworn off MLs forever, definitely need to get that chatroom going again so he can yell at me for that and having only 12 plays all year in NCAAF hahah

Oh those were the days. Been about a year since we used to do that but I had a kid and you moved.

Very true, I'll try to remember to get on when I'm home more but good luck gh and hopefully I'm around for the marathon cuz i am sprinting the wrong way

so glad you're posting here GH, much respect and looking forward to talkin ponies in the very near future. Keep crushing bud.

Back