MLB Wednesday 11/1

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2185
0-1 last

Thanks Mike. Most casual fans don't realize there are situations where a batter will set up a pitcher. In critical game situations if the pitcher, especially a reliever, you are seeing for the first time, throws, for example, a change up early in the count you will swing wildly at it. Then you look for a change to come because you have convinced the pitcher you are looking dead red fastball and the change will get you out. He throws it, you clobber it, and try not to laugh as you round the bases. I was never good enough to do that, but I played with guys who were. Eddie Murray was the best I ever saw at doing that. But the wild swings were at pitches always in the strike zone not hitting the batter in the on deck circle. GL

Texas/AZ over 8 -70/+50 - Eovaldi got hammered in his first start in this series. Gallen has been hammered every game for his last 3 starts. No reason why this game would be different.

Congrats to the Texas backers. I can't see any way AZ can win this series. They have made some boneheaded decisions especially starting that kid last night in a critical game but make no mistake Texas has earned their championship. I can assure you of two things. Texas will win this series and no one except Ranger fans will ever remember it.

Nice job MLB. Let's see how you fuck up your playoffs next year. I can't wait. GL

The look in the AZ players eyes last night said it all, we arent as good as they are we now know that. Philly should be ashamed losing the series to AZ, they would have exploited the Texas pitchers.

Wire, thank you for the many years you have contributed your thoughts, greatly appreciated . I am still witing for my royalties check from CTG for recruiting you to post here, I check my mail daily and nothing, WTF ?? More than your thoughts and your opinons I appreciate the friendship we have established over the 20 yrs or so we have communicated via the forums. . You, Tim, Blood and I go back a long ways..... fuck that means we might be getting old. Every time I click College football forum I think of Blood , what a great CFB capper and terrific person. Have a safe and healthy off season

I think Eovaldi will be very good tonight, his track record in these kind of games is to good. He still fanned 8 in that 1st game, think the fact he got hit was a 1 off and I think he gets back to dominating tonight.

Certainly doesn’t mean it won’t go over, snakes score lot of runs off pens and I’m not sure bout gallen, he been nails at home all year but I’m worried he may be getting fatigued. This far and away the most innings, starts, longest he has pitched in his career and there are def signs as even his solid playoff starts his underlying numbers havnt been up to his standards. This ain’t the lineup you wanna face if you don’t trust your stuff has the life you accustomed to, walking 4 in game 1 was incredibly odd for him and possibly another sign he doesn’t trust his stuff right now. Think the result and total fall all on his shoulders tonight, if he can muster one dominant start, even if only for 5 innings he will give them a great chance to win late, it asking a lot tho and he simply might not have it in him, if snakes have to pull him early rangers will close this out in style teeing off on snakes pen imo,

Said this in other thread, I know it looks bleak for snakes right now but rangers better finish them off tonight! They have their best pitcher going and on the road where they been unstoppable! I thought Phillies had snakes put away also and snakes somehow won 6 and 7 in Philly! Nobody beats Philly at home in playoffs!! Rangers better on the road and if they lose tonight imo snakes have the starting pitching edge in 6 and 7!! I think Eovaldi slams the door tonight but just know this, if snakes win tonight rangers fans and backers should get very nervous very fast!!

Back