MLB Wednesday 10/4

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +1935
1-3 last

What did we learn yesterday? Not a lot. Hitters still can't hit even during the playoffs. I definitely do like these best of 3 instead of 1 game and done but if you are a bettor or fan of Toronto, TB, or Miami you have to be sweating bullets right now. These 3 teams combined for a total of 2 runs in their games. That's it. Added all together it came to 2 runs in 3 games. And don't think it was because of superior pitching from the other side. They each got at least 6 hits and couldn't score more than 1 run. They just had bone headed at bats. The one that really stands out to me was Siri for TB. He came up with runners on first and third and one out. He bunted. But he jabbed at the ball and popped it up 12 feet to the pitcher. Even 8 year olds know when you bunt you never jab at the ball. And this guy makes millions? WTF??? Yes, the pitcher made a nice diving grab and that is all anyone is talking about but why the fuck was he trying to bunt in that situation? Don't get me wrong, if any of those teams had bunted with the numerous runners on first and second with no outs, they got they would have scored tons more runs. But why then? He is a very fast runner and the chance to double him up even on a routine grounder is very remote. No squeeze or safety squeeze was on. That was just stupid. Why do I bring this up? Because it was these 3 teams inability to take advantage of scoring situations that will have them golfing by Friday. I expected low scoring from Toronto and Miami, but it was really bad managing that overall let these teams be beaten easily in game #1. If they win today of course it will change things because anything can happen in a final game but these 3 are really in trouble. At least MLW put up a fight.

All x50 each

TB ML -160 - Despite their idiotic play yesterday Elfin should beat Eovaldi.
Minn ML -140 - Berrios has been shelled in his last two starts. Gray has been one of the best pitchers in MLB for the last month or so, but no one has noticed.
AZ ML +120 - A rare straight up dog for me here. No clue why he is a dog but if Gallen is on this series is over.

Going to pass the last game. Both starters can be very good but I have the feeling one of these teams breaks out on offense. Not strong enough to bet the over though. Go watch some college football instead.

GL

Last edited:
I also thought Boche’s fingerprints stood out early vs the Rays. He was aggressive on the bases and got on the board immediately.

Love that KJ. I'm actually going golfing today at 1. GL

I agree Wise. I just couldn't believe how many scoring opportunities were lost by all these teams yesterday. GL

You know what I’ve noticed over the last few years and it even holds true in my experiences with my high school teams. After a rally gets started and momentum is building for the offense, the biggest rally killer is when a batter 1st pitch swings. Often times right into a double play. Why does it still surprise hitters that pitchers are throwing you a pitch to induce a ground ball? Just thought I throw that in there because there’s a shit load of runners being left on and part of it is the impatience of a hitter swinging early and out of the zone.

Love that KJ. I'm actually going golfing today at 1. GL

I agree Wise. I just couldn't believe how many scoring opportunities were lost by all these teams yesterday. GL

Have you watched rangers in 2nd half? Especially august (I havnt followed them as close in sept) it was the craziest shit I ever seen how many times I saw them have bases juiced no outs and get nothing!! I said it the minute it happened yesterday “watch them blow it”, lucky for them Glastnow threw a wild pitch and gave them 1, then walked them back loaded and rangers got nothing with 3 damn outs!!!! It’s insane to me how these guys refuse to just play pepper and put the bat on the ball! Instead these selfish pricks all go up there swinging for the fences trying to hit a grand slam!! Don’t they know especially in the playoffs getting 1-2 runs across is huge?!????

Doesn’t anybody care more bout winning than hitting a bomb? I know when you come up for arbitration or hit free agency these dumb fuck gm’s don’t value winning baseball and basically reduce your performance to idiotic numbers that don’t take into account/value whether you took a good ab and moved runners over/got a run home that helped your team win, I know these numbers they judge your performance off of somehow discredit whether men were on base and treat you hitting a sac fly no different than flying out with nobody on, so it certainly not all the players fault but surely a lot these dudes have enough money not to care bout that shit and just want to help team win??? Maybe not tho, maybe they have all been so brainwashed that none of them even realize if they choke up and make contact it helps their team win a lot more than striking out while the runners stay glued to their bases!!

Back