MLB Wednesday 10/25

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +517
1-0 last

Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate it. GL

Let's recap..........

LA fans should be pretty pleased they took the first one. But not too pleased. LA should have taken the first one with Kershaw. But it felt to me less like LA dominant and more like a struggle. Keuchel pitched well and if not for two pitches (both hit for HR's) the Astros would have won the game 1-0. Houston did not hit all that well but that is to be expected against Kershaw.

Make no mistake Houston would have loved to have beaten Kershaw in that first one but they entered this series only wanting to take one of the first two to shift the home field advantage back to Houston. If they had beaten LA in game #1 LA could have been purely screwed being down 0-1 and facing Verlander tonight. But Houston can still swing this in their favor with a win tonight. This series tied 1-1 and heading to Houston for the next 3 games it is possible they would never have to return to LA.

Now don't get too excited Houston fans because frankly I like the chances of Wood and Darvish more than I like Morton and McCullars so it really doesn't matter much where they play. But splitting the series would be great for the Astros. Now, but I also have to say LA beating Verlander to take a 2-0 series lead would pretty much spell doom for Houston. And don't think for a second the Astros aren't aware of that.

In a nutshell, this game tonight could be the ENTIRE series for Houston. But remember MUST WIN doesn't mean Houston WILL win.

Houston +1 1/2 -200 (20 units)

Verlander faced LA on 8/20 of this year (with Detroit). He won 6-1 and threw 8 strong innings allowing only 2 hits. He has been very good recently. Hill is no slouch though so it might not be an easy win for Houston behind Verlander. That's why I am taking the runs here. Oh, and before I forget the ump tonight loves the home team as they have gone 20-9 with him behind the plate. That makes me nervous about putting money on the visitor but runs should help. My logic says another close game so I will risk the high juice but a lot of things could happen tonight with the above mentioned factors (and one in the P.S.) so I see Houston + runs as the safest play behind the better pitcher for now.

P.S. If the LA skipper saw what he was looking for in Seager, and going 2-3 he should have, I think he may change his batting order to be Taylor, Turner, Seager, Bellinger, and then Puig. If he does that or should I say when he does that LA might erupt hitting and the series could well be over. If he stays with the same order as tonight then I think the Houston + runs is good. GL

To clarify my P.S. comment. LA dosen't have to bat the top 4 in the order I said. Just throw Puig down to #5 and move Seager up somewhere to the top 4 and the offense should improve greatly. GL

It looks to me to be an unders type of game. Houston is in a hitting funk and LA won't get many vs Verlander. I tend to go HRE Under as opposed to the total. More room for error when the total is this low. GL!

Thanks KJ. GL

Wise, that's a very interesting idea. What is the HRE number for this game. (I'm not home) I would guess 23 or 24? GL

I have 24.5 at BOL. I've seen it as low as 23.5.
Yesterday it was 24.5 at 5Dimes and the game reached 13 HRE.

Yasiel Puig, who has been just about as consistent as Turner this postseason, was moved from cleanup to the five-hole. He has relished this postseason at Dodger Stadium, having reached safely in half of his 20 plate appearances at home.

ASTROS
1. George Springer, CF
2. Alex Bregman, 3B
3. Jose Altuve, 2B
4. Carlos Correa, SS
5. Yuli Gurriel, 1B
6. Brian McCann, C
7. Marwin Gonzalez, LF
8. Josh Reddick, RF
9. Justin Verlander, P

DODGERS
1. Chris Taylor, CF
2. Corey Seager, SS
3. Justin Turner, 3B
4. Cody Bellinger, 1B
5. Yasiel Puig, RF
6. Joc Pederson, LF
7. Austin Barnes, C
8. Chase Utley, 2B
9. Rich Hill, P

Wise, I think under 24.5 is safe tonight. GL

Thanks Raiders. I figured the skipper would drop him some. I bet he still hits from #5. GL

Thanks Metallica. GL

ADDING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On second thought with the LA lineup change I have a wild hunch and I am going to offset my Houston +1 1/2 runs with this craziness........

Houston/LA over 24.5 HRE (20 units)

This will probably assure you of a win Wise. GL

Back