MLB Wednesday 10/2

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +258.5

Yesterday

MLB 1-0 = +5

I am in meetings all day Wednesday so like taking off a band aid I might as well just throw this in quickly so it doesn't hurt as much.

The first thing I want to say is that I blind cap baseball. I don't look at the teams names or have my favorite team in mind although that has been very easy because I really don't have a favorite team in any sport. But watching the Indians play these last few weeks I will admit, against my usual manner, I have been rooting for them. So my apologies to the faithful here we go.........

Cobb has pitched very well and against some quality foes as his last 4 starts have been against NYY, Balt, Texas, and Boston. Only Boston scored 3 runs against him but he has been brilliant. He doesn't allow many hits but if he has a weakness he does allow too many walks per starts. TB has faced some quality foes recently as well in Texas, NYY, Toronto, and Baltimore. All but Toronto trying to make the playoffs. bad news for Cleveland is that Evan Longoria has woken up and is making things happen.

Salazar, as I have previously said, is dominant for around 4 or 5 innings. After that you have to hold your breath for part of the 5th, the 6th and 7th until you get back to the better relievers. Cleveland has played patsies, and struggled to beat some of them. An example is that if Houston was any other team than who they are Cleveland would not be in this. True, Cleveland has won their last 10 but against Houston, White Sox, and Minnesota. Win they did but you just can't discount who they won against.

I won't touch the total on this game as I think under is the only way to go but I am still not comfortable with that so I pass the total. I am therefore making my pick as:

Tampa Bay +100 (1 unit only)

Again sorry to the faithful but I won't play a team just because I want them to win. Cobb and TB is the right side at even money and that is my play. GL

P.S. Going only one unit doesn't mean I don't like the play because I do. Very much. But no one says I have to bet a ton against my boyhood team.

Last edited:
Wire, this time next yr you will have no meetings to worry about. A long healthy retirement awaits!! Hmmm, just had a thought.... Maybe you & Selig can play some golf together seeing how ya both retiring around the same time:rofl:. I would drive to Ohio to caddy:badass:

I may take you up on that Cash. There is water on the course I play and I would love to post "Selig sleeps with the fishes." GL

Thanks Play. GL

If the Rays played as well as the Indians the last 30 days, they wouldn't be in Cleveland. who you beat to get here makes no difference now. It is really who's hot and who's not.

Cleveland at home, is much stronger than Tampa on the road. Here is another point that really means nothing. The powerful Atlanta Braves only won 4 more games than Cleveland this season?
I'll go with Cleveland and see if that young mix is seasoned enough to win this one today.
In respect of your play, the Rays have a losing playoff record with coach Maddon. Francona is a winner.
GL today

gl wire, I find it strange that Cleveland is going with Salazar but I guess the pen is on full alert

That was yesterday afternoon Detroit. GL

Thanks Mrob. I wouldn't go with him either but they know more in the clubhouse than I do sitting at my computer. GL

Capping, good points. But I'm not sure how Francona coaching the Indians equates to Francona coaching the Red Sox. I like Francona but the manager alone doesn't win the playoff game. Point being that Joe Torre enjoyed a ton of success with the Yankees in the playoffs but the same manager didn't fair so well in LA. To be perfectly frank about it I hope I am wrong on this one and the Indians win the game. I just have to play what I see not what I want. You see the Tribe winning and part of me is rooting for you. GL

I could be wrong but Cleveland might be one of the lesser teams I've seen in the postseason. I'm on the Rays as well.

If the Rays played as well as the Indians the last 30 days, they wouldn't be in Cleveland. who you beat to get here makes no difference now. It is really who's hot and who's not.

Cleveland at home, is much stronger than Tampa on the road. Here is another point that really means nothing. The powerful Atlanta Braves only won 4 more games than Cleveland this season?
I'll go with Cleveland and see if that young mix is seasoned enough to win this one today.
In respect of your play, the Rays have a losing playoff record with coach Maddon. Francona is a winner.
GL today

You may want to look at who the Indians played, their last 10 games were against Minn(4), CWS (2), Houst(4) arguablly the 3 worst 3 teams in mlb. TB last 10 ...NYY(3),TOR(3),Balt(3) Tex(1). IMO TB going 8-2 vs these teams is more impressive than Clev going 10-0 vs the bottom feeders.

The last two years the Indians had the best MLB record in September were 1920 and 1948.

You may want to look at who the Indians played, their last 10 games were against Minn(4), CWS (2), Houst(4) arguablly the 3 worst 3 teams in mlb. TB last 10 ...NYY(3),TOR(3),Balt(3) Tex(1). IMO TB going 8-2 vs these teams is more impressive than Clev going 10-0 vs the bottom feeders.

Blah, blah, blah ... You know what's more impressive than Tampa's record? Cleveland's record.

Thanks Wise. Could be a reason they are favored in Cleveland. GL

Cash, I said the same thing but the only thing that matters is this one game tonight so who knows. GL

Good stuff Tip. But those were leap years followed by a harsh winter and two full moons in May. GL :)

Thanks Blood. GL

Capping, if Tip says anything about the Indians you can trust it. GL

Cash, don't bother answering Tip and his blah blah post to you. He gets fiesty when it comes to his Tribe. GL :)

Folks, I do a hold a piece of Cleveland to win AL Pennant and Cleveland to win World Series as I told many of you to do in a post ("Cleveland to make a run for the playoffs") 3 weeks ago. So if Cleveland pulls it out tonight and goes long I won't be disappointed in the least. GL

Wire : I am a life long Reds fan , but like you I know how to split what my head & heart say & feel. Last wknd & last night I told all my buddies Pitt would drub a very over rated & flawed Reds team.....Pitt was the better team hands down. I have no problem with the Indians winning tonight, but the right betting side of the game is TB, does not mean TB will win, but with matchup tonight I will put my $$$ on TB. I just can not get lost or caught up in the Indians last 10 wins because they were against the 3 worst teams in mlb & TB was playing 2 teams who were still alive for a playoff spotduring this same stretch ...was just making a point & imo I valid one. GL on ur action If I lose my bet & the Indians win I am ok with that.

GL Wire agree on TB tonight. Indians pen likely to be in action for 3 or 4 innings tonight imo which is not good.

That was yesterday afternoon Detroit. GL

Thanks Mrob. I wouldn't go with him either but they know more in the clubhouse than I do sitting at my computer. GL

Capping, good points. But I'm not sure how Francona coaching the Indians equates to Francona coaching the Red Sox. I like Francona but the manager alone doesn't win the playoff game. Point being that Joe Torre enjoyed a ton of success with the Yankees in the playoffs but the same manager didn't fair so well in LA. To be perfectly frank about it I hope I am wrong on this one and the Indians win the game. I just have to play what I see not what I want. You see the Tribe winning and part of me is rooting for you. GL

Stopped back in ro say you were right. Congrats

I appreciate it Capping but there is no need. We are on this forum to discuss and find the best chance we have against the books. I appreciate you opinion and thank you for coming in my thread. GL

Back