MLB Wednesday 10/2

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +575
3-2 last

Thanks for the response Paul. I appreciate it, GL

Yesterday Bank and I were wondering how Detroit was going to score because they don't have what you would call big hitters. The answer is simple. They play the game the way it was intended to be played. They take pitches to get walks (6 total). The next batter hits the ball to right to move the runner to third and into scoring position. The next batter puts the bat to the ball trying to score the runner from third. There is the key. Tiger batters aren't swinging for the fences like every other team in these playoffs. "Get them on, get them over, get them in." That's why they are scoring. They are playing sound fundamental baseball and that's why they are winning without the big name players.

Which brings me to my next point. You win playing baseball if you are loose. If you let pressure get to you your fundamentals break down and you fail. If you try to do something you will fail. I have said it many times before baseball is a game that's played ice cold emotionally. Oh, you can celebrate but only after the fact of doing something. Many people confuse this with emotion. But you can't try to hit the ball harder or throw the ball harder and certainly never catch the ball harder. If you do you will fail. This is the main reason these short series often end in sweeps. Detroit, Mets, KC, and SD all get to play today without a care in the world because if they lose today there is always tomorrow. This is especially true for Det, KC, and Mets because they took game 1 on the road and negated the home field advantage. I can't tell you how big that is and that opens the door for those 3 dogs to have some fun today.

On to today and my impressions....

Det/Hou - Despite being able to play loose the game begins and ends with the starting pitcher. The Tigers are starting a reliever names Holton. He has two decent starts recently, but he is only going out there for a few innings. He will stay longer if he has success or Detroit scores for him but he is intended to have a short start. Hou is going with Brown who has been very solid with only one bad start in his last 10. My bet today is Houston in a parlay with +2 1/2 runs (-550) but dog bettors could have some fun taking Detroit ML +145 and I wouldn't blame you.

KC/Balt - Lugo goes for KC and the Birds got to him last time they saw him but that was back in April so it doesn't matter. Eflin goes for Balt and he has been fairly solid but he is generous meaning KC should score some against him. I am going to take Balt +2 1/2 (-500) in a parlay but the best bet for this game could be buy 1/2 run off the total and bet over 7.

Mets/MLW - I'm not going deep into this matchup. Manea had a horrible last start against these same Brewers in this stadium and Montas seems to always allow scoring. These two teams met here in this stadium on Sept 27 and the final score was 8-4 (MLW won). That should be enough said about this one as the best bet is to again buy 1/2 run and go over 7. By the way when I say buy the 1/2 run off and you can't where you bet then fuck it go over the 7 1/2 anyway. I don't cap to 1/2 run I just always buy it off to take away the book advantage when I can.

Atl/SD - Pass this game. I don't see a real advantage either way. Fried is very solid and so is Musgrove. I have never liked Musgrove but he should give you 6 strong innings so I can't say anything bad against him. I will probably add SD +2 1/2 to my parlay, but this game truly is a tossup as I see it.

Parlay:

Hou +2 1/2 -550
Balt +2 1/2 -500
Mets/MLW over 5 -500
SD +2 1/2 -450

-50/+100

GL

What's funny is Detroit has literally been the opposite of that team that takes pitches to get walks and didn't play that way virtually all season. But Valdez pitches were complete batting practice. Amazing it only turned into three runs.

Kinda like that parlay since 2-2 in Brew at worst gets a push out of that and I like the others to win, might play along there.

BOL today mate

Thanks KJ. What struck me most about Detroit was their ability and attitude about moving the runners and scoring them. I see all these other teams players swinging for the fences with a runner on third and one or no outs. And I can't tell you how many times I see bases loaded with no outs and no runs get scored. GL

Back