MLB Wed

scdoggy

Moderator (Honorary)
MLB Exhibition YTD 27-19 -2 +32.01 units
MLB Regular Season YTD 9-7-3 +4.09 units

Scraped up a little over a unit yesterday. Not much I like at first glance but did see these two:

Minn/ChiSox under 8 -120 two units

Baltimore +105 one unit

Tempted to try the over at Miller today but I'll wait to look at lineups.

What do you like about Baltimore here, I was leaning towards Boston because I think ubaldo is pretty overrated because he only faced a really crappy teams last year and the second half... Made his numbers look a lot better than he actually is

D - Lackey has always been a guy who starts off the season rough. April his worst ERA month of his career. I have Baltimore rated a lot higher than many, and getting them as a dog here is a no brainer for me. Their lineup has pop at almost every position and can come from behind if needed. It will be interesting to see how Ubaldo does for them but at + money its worth a shot.

ATL/MIL First Five Innings Over 4.5 -105 two units

Schrieber's zone, and two starting pitchers I'm not big fans of, and a -105 price make this enough to warrant a play. I think both of these pens are decent so I'll take my chances on each starter giving up their share.

Yeah Harang blows but he's been good enough against Brewers to warrant this line being a PK in my opinion

Atlanta +112 1.5 units

Is Mil really favored here?

Not only did I make Mil a favorite; my numbers give them -160. Here is basically how I line my games. I have the Braves as a 50% winning team when they have Harang on the mound. (Projected to score 811 and give up 799 if he started every game). Projected era for Harang of 4.92.

I have Mil as a 57% winning with Garza on the mound. Offense isn't as good as Atl, Garza should give up far less runs over the course of the season than Harang. Garza with an ERA of 3.64.

Adjusted for home field and my numbers show that Mil wins this game 61% of the time.

Of note, I don't put as heavy an emphasis on bullpen as most do, especially not early in the year. This is bc bullpen are highly volatile from year to year, but even such, the Braves should have a better pen than the Brewers. Thus, I probably would have played Milwaukee at anything less than 140ish instead of my numbers of 160.

Stepping back and looking at it without at the numbers: Brewers have a pretty legit lineup Braun, ARam, Gomez, Lucroy and even Bennet, segura and Davis are not bad hitters. I'd probably go as far to say that while they don't have the best offense, they don't have any huge black holes though.

The Braves on the other hand have BJ plus I'm not very high on Gattis and I also expect massive regression from Johnson. And Simmons is a borderline black hole with the bat.

Best of luck today, scdoggy...just my thoughts.

Thanks Dollaz. A good conversation to have sometime - I'm pressed for time today but I'd argue until the end of time on the bullpen numbers. I think it is one of the most important and often ignored aspects of capping baseball. Unless the game is a blowout, the game is won and lost by the pens....

I agree bullpen performance is very important. The ability to predict it.......well, we can discuss :) Nice hit on the Bravos

Mas Gordo +120 two units

Gio has a catcher he's never worked with tonight vs. everybody's favorite fat guy in Flushing. This line is absurd.

Miami -114 two units

Wanted a reason to bet this game, and read Rex's thread and found it.

NYY -155 four units
NYY -1 -137 one unit

This price is short and an overreaction to CC shitting his pants for two innings. The guy who should have started opening day goes tonight and should have no trouble shutting down Houston. Yanks roll.

Agree with your Yankee comments and feel CC will be a fade for me all year. I believe that most pitchers that pitch over 200 innings for 6 straight years will have a down year and continue to have them unless he reinvents himself or Tommy John surgery which I believe is in his future. Did he top 90 yesterday.
As for tonight's game Kuroda should shut this team down. Good Luck as always.

Back