MLB Tuesday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
103 W-8 V-103 L -5.69 units

3-1 last night, let's try to keep it up tonight.

Blue Jays (Marcum) (1.95 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

The Blue Jays are one of the hottest teams around and are 8-3 in last 11 games. Their offense has been working great lately and with Alex Rios, Frank Thomas and Vernon Wells hot they're counting on one more player and that's Matt Stairs. Toronto (38-37) is averaging 8.3 runs and batting .342 during its four-game winning streak, and they should be batting somewhere around .320 in last 12 games.
These guys are en fuego offensively and had it not been for some blown games by their bullpen lately they would've been even better.
Even now, they're above .500 again and I don't see them stopping here. Their pitching has improved as well, not only can they count on McGowan and Halladay now but Marcum (4-2, 3.88) as well, who is 2-1 in his last 3, with 1.83 ERA and 0.97 WHIP.
On the other side, Baker is quite prone to letting in runs (22 hits in last 15 innings, ERA of 7.63 in the span and overall ERA of 6.75) and especially homers. Toronto are 4-1 at the Metrodome in last 5 games and now with a favorable pitching matchup. Tomorrow we have Bonser v Towers, that's something Minnesota could win.
The downside of betting the Twins right now is they're banged up: they're already missing Morneau and have two other players from the lineup bruised, Cirillo and Castillo.
I like the possibility of Jays to keep winning here.

Giants (Zito) (1.82 @ Pinnacle) 9 units

Almost a maximum play for me as I don't see this one as a close game really. The Giants might not have the best team chemistry this year, but I think they're severely underachieving. Beating the Yanks and the Padres (with Germano) yesterday should indicate their uptrend, and it's been time, as they've been completely ice cold in the last few weeks.
But they're rising, and that shouldn't be neglected. Barry Zito (6-8, 4.83 ERA) should dominate the Padres tonight if you ask me. They're one of the worst offensive teams in the NL and their forte isn't consistent hitting, but pitching, defense and timely hitting.
Frankly I don't think they win tonight. Barry Zito is paid 10 mil per season by the Giants and he should be glad interleague is over Zito's poor record has mostly been affected by him facing a lot of the AL teams, mainly his former team, the A's, but also several other AL lineups. He was also killed by the Brewers.
Besides that, he is mostly vulnerable against lineups featuring long ball hitters, who take their chances early and put a lot of runs on the board with homers. On the other hand, Padres don't have such a lineup.
Combine that with David Wells huge troubles away from Petco (2-4 with a 7.08 ERA in seven starts) and we have ourselves a strong play.

Rockies (Lopez) (2.37 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

Ok can't miss out on this one. Rockies' post Yankee sweep hangover seems to be over, or at least nearing it's end. They almost raced back to win last night but Matsui's error gave the Cubs the win. If you remember my leans yesterday, I would've been on the Cubs. Today I'm going against them.
Ok they're playing up lately but I do think they drop this one, and the odds are tempting. Rodrigo Lopez has excellent numbers this year and that's no coincidence, this guy is pitching well and the team likes him, they score for him.
Ted Lilly is way to shaky to be laying this kind of chalk.
Rockies tie it up here if you ask me.

Lean:
Kansas City

Good luck guys. :shake::cheers:

im stayin away from them although I do like the Jays....probably would play the Rockies after that tremendous comeback only to get their hearts shattered...and i am LOVING your lean....that should become a play for you...

Looks like yesterday was solid, good job...Today I am on 2 of the same as you, just hope tonight goes well

Insane. Two of them in extra innings and both of them lose. Not to mention how many chances SF had to put the game away...

I can't eat this any more.

The only lean of course leads by 10.

you know what, it's not fair any more. You get a homer AGAINST YOU, a bullpen malfunction AGAINST YOU, you get the situation when your team leaves a ton of RISP, and the other team just scores when they need to, at will. TWO GAMES go into extra innings. Both of them lose. And that's after I've had HUGE leads blown, unbelievable game turns ALL against me. Double plays like 32-7 against my favor in last 3,4 weeks.

That's just not possible.

But it's not like this to everyone. I see some guys are killing it, whether it's the interleague or non interleague, they're making the dough.

I'm not one of those guys, and I'm thinking of withdrawing from capping MLB until next year.

I am seriously considering this.

I'm actually going to go buy my Phil Steele tomorrow and go get ready for football on August 30th. I hate baseball right now and its been a terrible month and half

You know, it's not even about losing bets any more, it's the WAY of losing those bets. I actually have nothing against losing bets which I obviously had to lose. Ok the Cubs were the better team, Colorado never had a chance, I was wrong, end of story.

But these nail biting thrillers, missed chances for the team I need to score, insane errors, double plays, amazing diving catches by opposing fielders, that's something I've been getting in the last 3 or 4 weeks and I can't stand it any more.

I wish I had taken the Halos today. I know I leaned Kansas, but if I took the Halos I wouldn't be this bitter and this mad at the same time. Ok they took the lead, never dropped it, what's there to be nervous about?

But this...these extra inning thrillers, stupid plays, and night after night after night...

I'm still sore over the yankees on saturday...18hits, 15left on base and they lose in the 13th

we're talking about the same saturday when I had Washington up 3:1 in the 9th (odds 2.52) and Baltimore up 4:0 at some point (2.24), BOTH losing bets.

Dude, I got reamed in the two games I played. Two outs, bottom of the ninth. Closer screws me. Fukkin Izzy and Embree. I can't catch a break. Unbelievable.

Back