MLB Tuesday

I was in a hurry to get under in before first pitch, and bet the wrong game. Then decided to play it live at a bad number, but I liked it. Eric Skoglund has been bad, but in his last start his stuff looked better than I had seen last year, more velocity and he pitched more aggressively. So I felt there was some value vs his historical track record. Also historically Jaime Garcia has been an animal in home day games. Royals have a horrific lineup, and I don't think Blue Jays lineup minus Donaldso is all that fantastic. Also a couple of the royals better bats are left handed. Then you factor in Blue Jays haven't swung the bats in live action in forever and 2 straight days off for Royals, and it being a day game. Also Blue Jays bullpen has been fantastic so far. Royals bullpen has been a disaster, but thought if I could just hold down Blue Jays a bit, Royals would probably do their part by not scoring much to sneak under.

Just think Duffy at this price vs Biagini is value. I don't think the teams are as far apart as the their two records indicate. Also this is a double-header which they normally split, and the pitching matchup in first game favors the Blue Jays winning, and the night game starting matchup favors Royals quite a bit an given this price it's screaming value.

Royals are using the bad part of their pen as I watch as I type this. Not like they have that many good bullpen pieces, but the better ones obviously are being held back. But the better ones haven't been too horrendous, but the bad ones have been super bad. Expecting Royals to soon DFA Blaine Boyer, he is absolute garbage continues to throw one sinker after another over the heart of the plate in the cement mixer variety. Royals will soon I suspect call up a minor league arm to get experience to replace him. This season is a total loss already. They should have just gone tank mode from the get go. One of the worst teams in MLB. So many holes on this team, it's like a life raft with a thousand pin holes in it in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I'll be in shock if this team wins 72 or more, don't see how it can happen. Not to mention would have to think the guys on 1 year deals they try and get something at trade deadline for them. Moustakas will have some value for someone. Jon Jay if he continues will have some sort of value (albeit may be minimal), and Duda could possibly have minimal value. Also Herrera if he pitches well will definitely have value.

Merrifield could be another trade chip, and I think if the offer is substantial enough even Salvador Perez could be jettisoned.

Back