MLB Tuesday 9/30

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD (Going to reset the record for the playoffs and see how we do.)
NOTE: I was fucking terrible in MLB in the regular season.

Oakland/KC over 6 1/2 -110 (10 units)

Not sure why the books are placing such low totals on these play in games. 6 1/2 tonight and 6 tomorrow. They must think suddenly pitching is going to be great. But Lester was less than stellar in his last start. As for Shields, he has not been dominant. Good yes, but not dominant.

These play in games are also just like game 7 of a series. Starters will be pulled if they get into trouble and I mean early pulled. Lose this game and you go golfing so quick hooks are the norm. How does that affect a total? Simple baseball fact that the more pitchers that enter a game the more likely one is to have a bad game and let a couple runs in before they get yanked also. Two crooked numbers posted by each team and we're standing at the cashiers window.

Obviously the low total by the books here is because under is 12-4-1 in these two last 17 meetings but 3-3 in this game is a winner and these two teams can score that against these starters and bullpens. This one goes over and you might be watching a movie by the 6th inning.

GL

I'm leaning towards the over as well. I'm more basing it off of "Big Game James" who really isn't a big game pitcher with an almost 5 ERA in the playoffs.

Thanks Smith good point. And that was when he was with TB. GL

Thanks Cash. Probably right. Only 16 hitters in all of MLB hit .300 or higher. These hitters are guessing so much they can't hit. I am not positive because I haven't looked it up but my guess is that this is the lowest number of .300 hitters in the last 100 years of MLB. I can't believe more hitting coaches won't be fired. GL

Thanks Mrob. GL

By the way please don't try to tell me that the pitching was that much better this year than in the last 100 years of baseball. These guys got themselves out more this year than in any year I have seen before. Either standing there as a slow 90 mph fastball was thrown right down the heart of the plate and they were looking for something else guessing. Or swinging wildly at a ball 5 feet out of the strike zone as the catcher dove to stop the ball because they were sure it would be a fastball down the middle. But these guys are taught in the minors to guess and the majors it must be continued.

Those that hit over .300 still practiced the old "See the ball, hit the ball" philosophy. Only 16 players out of over 750 batting .300?????? Amazing!

But you don't have to believe me just watch the playoffs. And the first time you say "What the fuck was that guy swinging at???" I rest my case. GL

I like the play, Wire. Blood told me you da man to follow this time of year, plus that wind out to left field is supposed to be in the mid-teens by game time... Bol

Thanks Inzane. Hope so. Haven't been the one to follow for the regular season but maybe I can find a win or two in the playoffs. GL

Back