MLB - Tuesday 9/16

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
REGULAR SEASON 671-607, +39.9077 units
SPRING TRAINING: 72-40, +21.125 units

Wanted to respond to the few people that inquired about my Sunday plays.

I inadvertently made a mistake in typing the wrong team in one game on Sunday and graded it incorrectly on Monday's accounting. I apologize but I was clearly meaning to play Arizona -115 against SD and Arizona was the favorite at all times. SD was never favored but for some reason I typed "SD" instead of "Arizona." It was actually a strong fade of Despaigne of SD on the road at a low number. Happily for me, I got it right with my book and won on Arizona -115 but I sincerely apologize to anyone I may have misled into thinking I played SD. Clearly SD was never favored and certainly wasn't laying -115. For record keeping purposes here, I am going back and taking a loss on SD +105 instead of a win on Arizona and as such, I am adjusting my season record for anyone who cares, downward by 2.4 units (the 1.2 I counted as a winner plus the 1.2 I would have lost on SD as a dog had I bet them). It is reflected now in my overall record above. Most importantly, I am sorry if my typo on SD may have contributed to anyone losing on them on Sunday. That's way more important than anything else. If you ever see me make a mistake, please feel free to chime in. I am human and didn't notice I typed the wrong team until it was brought to my attention. With NFL, CFB and baseball all going on, weekends get precarious and I am far from perfect. In addition, several people have told me I cheated myself out of approximately 3 units last month in accounting errors. To be honest, I am not going back to look for it (nobody will complain that my record is worse than it is supposed to be...lol) so I will stick with the record above. I do my best to account here but when all is said and done, what matters to me is how much I pay and collect my man.

ATLANTA +112 (1.3 UNITS)

COLORADO +127 (1.2 UNITS)

UNDER SF/ARIZ 7.5 RUNS (-112) (1.2 UNITS)

TORONTO -103 (1.3 UNITS)

SEATTLE +113 (1.35 UNITS)

PARLAY CLE/OAK (RISKING 1.3 UNITS TO WIN 1.64)

PARLAY PITT/KC (RISKING 1 UNIT TO WIN 1.43)

Amazing how a bunch of my season long plays are coming down to the wire.
Season long plays:
TWO UNITS EACH ON 9:
1. ATL UND 86 (-120) - looking good
2. BOST UND 88 (-115) W
3. OVER CLEVE 81.5 (-120) looking good
4. OVER MILW 80 (-120) looking good but running out of gas

5. UNDER MINNY 70.5 (-115) - looking decent
6. UNDER PHIL 74.5 (-115) - going down to wire
7. UNDER SEA 80.5 (-115) - L
8. OVER WASH 90.5 (-120) - looking solid
9. OVER STL 92 (-125) - not looking good but not
impossible

MATT CARPENTER OVER 170.5 HITS (1.75 Units) - running out of gas….probably an underdog right now. Need 19 hits in 13 games.
ROBINSON CANO UNDER 23 HRS (-120) (1.5 Units) - looking like a winner
MARK TRUMBO OVER 28.5 HRs (-120) (1.75 Units) - L injuries ruined this over
ANTHONY RIZZO OVER 23.5 HRs (-120) (1.5 Units) - W EASY
CARLOS BELTRAN OVER 23.5 HRs (-120) (1.75 Units) - L Injuries and old age. Bad play!

Last edited:
nobody will complain that my record is worse than it is supposed to be...lol) so I will stick with the record above. I do my best to account here but when all is said and done, what matters to me is how much I pay and collect my man.

I would not worry about it either. Ur winning record yr in and yr out and ur meticulous record keeping says it all,

U are a Winner.

Continued success

Just started looking. Am a little curious why you played Cleveland. May have to play Dodgers myself although real tough with the ump situation.

Just started looking. Am a little curious why you played Cleveland. May have to play Dodgers myself although real tough with the ump situation.

In Kluber's L7 road starts, 50 2/3 IP, 38 hits, 10 runs and a 59:9 K:BB ratio. Tribe much better against righties. 8-2 L10 vs. Astros. He's their ace and this is a HUGE game for the Tribe. Tropeano is serviceable. Struggled a little against some of the better opponents in their league in AAA but he's solid. First home start adds to pressure.

For Rockies, Dodgers are light years less effective vs. lefties. Matsek is under the radar but has been great lately. In his last 4 starts, 29 1/3 IP, 18 hits, 4 runs and a 24:10 K:BB ratio. L3 home starts, 22 2/3 IP, 12 hits, 3 runs and a 14:6 K:BB ratio. Haren's L5 starts vs Rox, 25 1/3 IP, 45 hits, 31 runs, 13 HRs!

No need to apologize

No need to give yourself a loss that didn't happen

Thanks for posting and GL the rest of the short way

No need to apologize

No need to give yourself a loss that didn't happen

Thanks for posting and GL the rest of the short way

Thanks Schrute. Trying to keep an accurate internet record as I can so in fairness, I shouldn't take a win that I typed wrong. In the end, it doesn't mean much but I pride myself on integrity and am not here to deceive anyone.

Well good news. Haren has a 9 ERA with the ump based on a limited sample about 8 innings I think. Haren has been playing great, great day of week for the Dodgers, De La Rosa I believe the next day. Astros have become a very tough team that plays extremely hard at home and will not go easily to anyone including a pitcher with a losing road record. Ump seems favorable to home dogs as well and no I have no plans as yet to play the Astros but that is a hell of a lot of chalk to lay against that team at home now. Really does not seem a value play

You may be right about Cleveland. He really should step up with a massive game after 4 losses

Back