MLB Tuesday 8/6

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD Even - Not something I'm used to in August, although I have had 3 losing MLB seasons in the last 24 years. But..... we're not there yet.
0-1 last

Thanks for the responses Bank and Pirate. Watching the Cubs/Twins game yesterday I'm not sure there will ever be an over in MLB again. As an ex player, regardless of how long ago it was, I cannot begin to understand how you will swing at pitches that bounce up to the plate and then just stand there with two strikes as the pitcher throws an easy fastball right down the heart of the plate. JUST FUCKING STAND THERE. Then turn and walk away back to the dugout while you look up at the jumbotron to see where the pitch was. I'll tell you where it was. It was right down the middle and if you knew anything at all about hitting you would have protected the plate with two strikes and wouldn't have just stood there for that pitch.

MLB owners you want to fix your game? Start by firing every single minor and major league hitting coach and never hire another stupid motherfucker that teaches the players to guess what pitch is coming. Worst hitting I have ever seen at any level including little league in my life. Absolutely fucking disgraceful.

When I played pro ball my hitting coach would constantly yell at us "Stop fucking guessing. You will never guess right anyway so just stop. God gave you the tools to be here at this level. It's not rocket science. See the fucking ball. Hit the fucking ball." GL

All x100 each

Cinn/Miami over 8
Balt/Tor over 8
TB/STL over 7
Minn/Cubs over 6
Phil/LA over 8
Cle ML -110
SF ML -120
NYY ML -270
Seattle ML -220

Parlays:

Cle ML -110
SF ML -120
NYY ML -270
Seattle ML -220

Round robin groups of 4 and 3 x25 each

GL

agree with you on the state of hitting in MLB these days. I scream at these guys who take obvious good pitches. They're thinking/lookng curve and the guy throws a perfect 4 seam down the middle. Its these damn analytics, and the launch path/angle these guys are being taught now. It's screwed up hitting the last 10 or so years. My old coach Trent Mongero who also played in the minors like you and now runs high school camps (his son was a standout at his alma matter UNCW), says the same--the new analytics are killing the fundamentals, every time a data point changes they change the guys swing. I'm with you on the Bodymore/LA overs, and on clev, SF, NYY and sea. Still on the fence with cubs over as i saw the wind now is blowing in from left at 20mph and with Shota being a flyball pitcher i think most balls may be knocked down unless they can aim for right field and hit a current, otherwise it'll be a xbh/walks game to get the runs. i'm waiting on the ump before i decide---if it's fletcher i'm banging the over, estabrook or drake i'm on the sidelines :D GL tonight Wire!

Adding to your rant: When a pitcher walks the last 2 batters hes faced to load the bases where do you think his 1st pitch to next batter will be??? Right down the fucking middle and these fucking geniuses in dugout have them taking, unfucking real!!! Its the best pitch they will ever see , swing the damm bat!!! Then then before the batter knows it he has 2 strikes on him and swings and misses at the SWEEPER(old#2) a foot out of zone.

I almost forgot GL on the action W2W, always appreciate you!!

Not paying too much attention this season. But looked at CWS hitters yesterday cause i saw they lost 20 in row. 1 thru 4 were hitting like .220. No one over .231 I think. My lord that's bad. I grew up in San Diego watching Gwynn so hard to fathom.
And can't watch espn anymore. Launch angle, exit velocity, spin rate, etc. Drives me nuts. Only player I will watch now is Judge.
But $ never higher. Wonder if Yankees give Soto his $60m per year when Judge in 30s I think? Crazy. Not for me.

most these assholes don't believe in choking up or protecting plate w 2 strikes. some prick decided strikeouts were ok and home runs were the be all end all so they all just go up there swinging out their shoes for 3 pitches, actually shocked he took a strike! as you said the prior pitch he swinging at shit bouncing to plate no doubt guessing it was fastball, lol.

Not paying too much attention this season. But looked at CWS hitters yesterday cause i saw they lost 20 in row. 1 thru 4 were hitting like .220. No one over .231 I think. My lord that's bad. I grew up in San Diego watching Gwynn so hard to fathom.
And can't watch espn anymore. Launch angle, exit velocity, spin rate, etc. Drives me nuts. Only player I will watch now is Judge.
But $ never higher. Wonder if Yankees give Soto his $60m per year when Judge in 30s I think? Crazy. Not for me.

on top of that chisox pitchers walked 9! good way to lose 21 straight!

none of them care bout batting avg anymore, it all ops. think we only have maybe 3-4 guys hitting .300 in entire league, it is gross.

on top of that chisox pitchers walked 9! good way to lose 21 straight!

none of them care bout batting avg anymore, it all ops. think we only have maybe 3-4 guys hitting .300 in entire league, it is gross.
Yeah Judge should be close to Triple Crown. Of course they probably don't have that anymore.

Back