MLB - Tuesday 7/30

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
COLORADO +150 (1.75 UNITS) - In Nicasio's L3 starts, he has tossed 17 innings and allowed just 8 hits and 1 run with a 15:4 K:BB ratio. Atlanta's throws Alex Wood, a relief pitcher who will be lucky to make it to the 5th inning and allowed 4 runs in 4 1/3 innings last outing against the Mets. Rockies actually have the better lineup.

UNDER LAA/TEX 8.5 RUNS (-120) (1.75 UNITS) - Two hot pitchers. In Holland's L6 starts, he has thrown 44 innings and allowed 38 hits and 11 earned runs with a 39:15 K:BB ratio. In Wilson's L5 starts, he has tossed 36 innings and allowed 25 hits and 5 earned runs with a 35:10 K:BB ratio. The Rangers have scored 28 runs in 11 games since the All-Star break and 39 runs in their last 16. The Angels have scored 35 runs in 11 games since the All-Star break and 41 in their last 14.

UNDER METS/MIA 7.5 RUNS (-125) (1.25 UNITS)

UNDER CIN/SD 7.5 RUNS (-125) (1.25 UNITS)

UNDER NYY/LAD 7.5 RUNS (-125) (1.25 UNITS)

TORONTO +135 (1 UNIT)

ARIZONA +158 (1 UNIT)

PITTSBURGH GM 1 -135 (1.25 Units)

SAN FRANCISCO +117 (1.25 Units)

CUBS -119 GM2 (1.25 Units)

Last edited:
Just a bit of FYI, Wood is a starter. He's started all 24 games he appeared in the minors with some sick numbers....whip <1, 3.7 k/bb rate, 1.73 ERA. He was brought up bc they needed another lefty arm. He threw 90 pitches last start (though didn't get through 5)

I think they have a longer leash on him tonight as the bullpen is not rested. I leaned rox initially, but Nicasio's road numbers and Woods stuff (Rox not great vs. lefties) held me off a play. Good luck with it, I can see your angle.

Just a bit of FYI, Wood is a starter. He's started all 24 games he appeared in the minors with some sick numbers....whip <1, 3.7 k/bb rate, 1.73 ERA. He was brought up bc they needed another lefty arm. He threw 90 pitches last start (though didn't get through 5)

I think they have a longer leash on him tonight as the bullpen is not rested. I leaned rox initially, but Nicasio's road numbers and Woods stuff (Rox not great vs. lefties) held me off a play. Good luck with it, I can see your angle.

Good stuff Dollaz! Wood had excellent numbers in Double A....hasn't been stretched out since May 25th in minors but. He. Does have good stuff...struggled. Against Mets last out....just think price is way too high!

If the Rox can get Wood out in the 4th/5th inning, they are going to be in good shape. Braves late inning guys are filthy (kimbrel, Downs, Walden), but I don't trust the others (Avilan, Varvaro, Carpenter, Ayala)

Avilan has pitched 3 days in a row, but only 30ish pitches.
Carpenter threw 30 last night
Walden 37 pitches last 2 days

So, I think they will be set up for: 9th-Kimbrel, 8th-Downs (Walden rest). It is getting from Wood to the 7th inning that may be an issue for them. I think they stretch Wood out a bit to try and save the pen (no off days for another week and a half). I'm laying off, but if Wood can throw 6, I think the Braves win. If he isn't stretched out enough, the Rox could really light up the bullpen.

Back