MLB + Tuesday 7/22

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +72.1

Last post 2-3 = -14
Parlays = -12

When I was just a boy my uncle taught me how to gamble by taking me to the race track. I was probably 12 years old. He told me to pick a horse and he placed a $2 win bet on him for me. The race was close and just at the finish my horse stumbled then fell spilling the rider. Of course I lost but everyone was relieved the rider was ok. They had to kill the horse though right there on the track then they dragged it away.

My uncle looked at me and told me these words of wisdom I will never forget. He said "Son, there are going to be days when you lose. And when that happens you just keep doing what you're doing and eventually you will start winning again. Unless you are like me and then you will continue to lose every penny you ever had. But as long as you are having fun who gives a fuck?"

I loved that old man.

All for 5 units each. (Kind of)

Texas/NYY over 8 -180

Miami/Atlanta over 6 1/2 -170

Cle/Minn over 7 1/2 -190

St Louis ML -160

Mets/Seattle under 8 1/2 -170

Phoenix -6 -110 (15 units)
That's the kind of part.

Parlays:

Texas/NYY over 8 -180
Miami/Atlanta over 6 1/2 -170
Cle/Minn over 7 1/2 -190
St Louis ML -160
Mets/Seattle under 8 1/2 -170
Phoenix -6 -110

Round robin groups of 6 and 5 for 2 units each.

GL

just dont get down on urself and U will be fine....there is no doubt that U are a Winner my friend

like the Cards and PhoenixOver. Atl should fly Over also. Kinda like that Yanks Over as well

Have a Great day my friend :tiphat:

Thanks Blood. Glad you agree on some. I am not getting down on myself. I'm was trying to inject some humor into the world. GL

Funny how many of us got our start with the horse races at an early age. I was around 10 yrs old and would bet all the older guys around me for quarters....lol.

Can't wait to see the old quote from a movie show up again.....I'm rootin for you to do again soon.

GL

LOL, GL Wire, if people can't laugh at things then their lives are probably shitty

I bet on a horse that fell right out of the fucking gate and there was only 6 horses in the race. I didn't think it was as funny then as I do now. Fortunately the clumsey ass horse wasn't hurt

Thanks raise. Nice to hear from you. GL

Thanks Mrob. Things are actually pretty great for me. I do start work next Friday on the 1st though. Worked 20 years as a teacher and always had summers off. I retire and they ask me back to work part time as an advisor and except for 10 days I lose all of August. The wife thinks it's hilarious. Not too damn funny if you ask me though. GL

Great story , have similar one I will share with you via email sometime. Absolutely love your thread , now that you are semi retired don't even entertain the thought of not posting. You are appreciated & respected by many , your wit & humor brings a smile to many not to mention year in & yr out you win!!!!

keep smiling & be healthy

Cash:beer:

I'll keep posting Cash. But this semiretired stuff is bullshit. I got more time off when I was a full time worker. And I still have to do the honey do list as well! As for winning, did you see my basket record last year? GL :rofl:

ADDING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grand Salami under 132 -110 (10 units)

Just too high on this one. May get a couple of high scoring runaways but overall I don't think it can handle the weight of this number to go over.

Adding 5 more units to the Phoenix -6. having to buy 1 point off as it's up to 7 now. GL

I'll keep posting Cash. But this semiretired stuff is bullshit. I got more time off when I was a full time worker. And I still have to do the honey do list as well! As for winning, did you see my basket record last year? GL :rofl:

OK you opened the door & I am going to enter & no getting pissed......You & I have communicated for many yrs now & I have often said you were the best mlb capper I had ever seen in my 30+ yrs at this. Nothing has changed my mind about you being the best in mlb, but for some reason you are wandering.....wnba,cfl, & yes basketball. Stick to mlb & you will make $$$, you have proven it for yrs. Throw those other hats out & wear the mlb hat!!!

GL on the action always!!

Back