MLB - Tuesday 7/22 - With Write Ups

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
SEASON: 437-389, +29.601 UNITS
NBA SUMMER LEAGUE 13-19, -8.78 UNITS:enraged:

Rare treat. Write-ups today so some can see the methods to my madness. LOL. I may add two games later around 5:30 pm EST

WASHINGTON -180 (0.8 UNITS)
WASHINGTON -1.5 RUNS (-115) (1.1 UNITS)

Talk about complete mismatches on paper. Colorado has lost 6 in a row and is 6-24 their last 30 games. Washington is 13-5 their L18. In their last 6 games each, Washington has scored 37 runs while Colorado only 17. Jordan Zimmerman has been outstanding. Prior to his last start (he gave up 4 runs in less than 4 innings) he had 7 consecutive Quality Starts allowing 2 runs or less during which time he tossed 50 innings and allowed just 37 hits, 7 runs (1.26 ERA) and had a 46:7 K:BB ratio. Since 2010, against the Rockies Zimmerman has pitched 6 consecutive games allowing two runs or less amassing 40 innings and allowing 32 hits, 6 earned runs (1.36 ERA) and a 31:9 K:BB ratio. Left hander, Flande makes his 4th start of the year for the Rockies and this is the 2nd time against the Nats already. In his 3 starts, he has tossed 14 2/3 innings and allowed 21 hits and 12 runs with a 7:4 K:BB ratio. The Nats hit 40 points higher (.275) against lefties. If things weren’t already bad enough for the Rockies, Justin Mourneau is now on the 15 day DL, Tulo is doubtful and Cargo is questionable.

PIRATES -118 (1.25 UNITS) - Two good teams but I am willing to back the Bucs here. Beckett is coming off the DL after receiving a cortisone shot and hasn’t tossed in almost 3 weeks. Puig and Ramirez are banged up for the Dodgers. Dodgers have only managed 21 runs their last 9 games while the Pirates have plated 37 runs their last 8. Pitt is 26-13 their L39 home games and 17-9 their last 26 overall.

CUBS -128 (1.5 UNITS) - I saw part of Kyle Hendricks first ML start and was very impressed. He struggled with nerves in the first inning walking the first two batters and allowing a total of 3 hits, 3 runs and 3 walks. After that, he tossed 5 more innings allowing just two hits and one run while striking out 7 and walking none. In the B6, with two on and two outs, Jay Bruce was sent in to pinch hit and out walked Rick Renteria. The kid had pitched well and shown an excellent change up. The announcers said that’s all for Hendricks and were about to go to commercial break. Somehow, after talking to Hendricks, making his first major league start, and in a tough situation against a tough lefty, Renteria left Hendricks in the game and he confidently struck Bruce out in 4 pitches. Hendricks is 10-5 this season in AAA tossing 102 2/3 innings and allowing 98 hits, just 5 HR’s, a 97:23 K:BB ratio with a 3.59 ERA. Last season between AA and AAA, he was 13-4 with a 2.00 ERA. The kid is intriguing. Meanwhile, the Cubs are much stronger at home where they are 20-22 while the Pods are 17-25 away. The Cubs saw Stults in May at SD and he lasted just 4 2/3 innings and allowed 6 hits and 5 earned runs. Stults is 0-7 on the road this season with a 5.44 ERA and is 2-5 at night with a 5.11 ERA, The Cubs hit 34 points higher against lefties and average 1.2 runs more a game against southpaws. The Pods are a bit shorthanded as Cabrera and Alonso were just put on the DL and Medica is questionable.

BOSTON -116 (1.5 UNITS) - Two teams going in opposite directions. The BJays are 4-10 their L14 and 13-25 their L38. The Sawx are 8-1 their L9 and have scored 38 runs their L5. Peavy has been solid his last three recording Quality Starts in all 3. Since 2010, against the BJays, Peavy has 6 consecutive Quality starts tossing 42 1/3 innings and allowing just 28 hits and 10 earned runs with a 36:11 K:BB ratio. Happ has struggled in his last two starts, lasting just 11 1/3 innings and allowing 13 hits and 9 earned runs. Edwin Encarnacion has been a huge loss for the BJays since landing on the DL on 7/7.

WHITE SOX +110 (1.6 UNITS) - Seems to be a recurring theme today. Two teams headed in opposite directions. Not sure on what planet, the Royals should be favored here. KC is 1-7 their L8 and 9-18 their L27. The WSox are 9-6 their L15. Sox starter, Scott Carroll turned into Cy Young his last two starts facing two of the most powerful AL offenses on the road (Cleveland and Boston) and he tossed a combined 11 2/3 innings of 3 hit shutout ball with an 8:3 K:BB ratio. Meanwhile, Bruce Chen may be headed toward the end of his long career. He struggled in three AAA starts in June with a 8.22 ERA and has a 6.46 MLB ERA this season. In Chen’s last 8 road starts, dating back to last season, he has tossed 34 1/3 innings and allowed 44 hits, 29 earned runs (7.60 ERA) with a 21:13 K:BB ratio. LINE HAS MOVED 20 CENTS TOWARDS KC DUE TO ABREU NOT PLAYING SINCE I PLAYED IT. EVEN GREATER VALUE IN CHISOX NOW.

METS -102 (1.5 UNITS) - Degrom has been solid of late for the Mets. In his L5 starts, he has tossed 32 2/3 innings and allowed 28 hits, 6 earned runs with a 38:10 K:BB ratio. Ramirez returns from the minors and has been OK in AAA. In his 4 starts since returning to the minors he tossed 25 innings and allowed 27 hits and 9 earned runs. Ramirez was decent for the M’s earlier this season but shows an inability to go deep into games. Blaser is a solid road team umpire with a 25-22 road team record the L2 years.

UNDER TB/STL 7 RUNS (-110) (1.2 UNITS) - These two pitchers squared off on June 10th in a 1-0 Cards’ win at TB. In Odorizzi’s last 7 starts, he has allowed 3 runs or less and has tossed 43 1/3 innings and allowed 33 hits, 11 earned runs (2.28 ERA) with a 45:15 K:BB ratio. Wainwright leads the majors in ERA with a 1.83 ERA and in his last 7 starts has allowed 2 runs or less, amassing 52 2/3 innings and allowing just 28 hits, 6 earned runs (1.03 ERA) with a 34:10 K:BB ratio. The Cards are 13-5-2 UNDER their L20 at home.

DETROIT -116 (1.1 UNITS) - I just don't understand all the steam on the DBacks. Porcello is one of the most underrated pitchers in the game. On the road he is 8-2 with a 2.91 ERA and at night he's 9-4 with a 3.18 ERA, In his last 3 starts on the road, he has been Cy Freaking Young tossing 22 innings allowing 15 hits and 1 run (0.41 ERA) with a 12:& K:BB ratio. The Tigers are 12-3 their last 15 road games. Anderson is solid but the line is way too low here. Better team, better lineup and better starting pitcher.

ORIOLES +126 (1.1 UNITS) - The O's are 12-5 their last 17 and I expect to see this team in the playoffs. Gonzalez is rounding into his best form and in his last two starts, has gone 8 innings both times and allowed 13 hits and just 3 earned runs with an 11:2 k:BB ratio. Santiago has struggled his last two lasting 11 innings and allowing 11 hits and 9 earned runs. In his last 4 at home, he has thrown just 19 1/3 innings and allowed 21 hits and 16 earned runs. Still not completely sold not he Halos. I think the O's are the better team and I have a slight lean tot hem in pitching tonight. The intangibles do not justify the line here in my opinion.

Last edited:
How come nobody is jumping on me for playing the White Sox line 20 cents worse than is available right now? :rofl:

Great post, love the info. When you understand the AZ steam explain it to me pause I just don't get it. Sure Trumbo is back but pitch around him & Goldy and game won.

Hey ghunter, since it seems you're pretty confident in Hendricks, don't you think under the 9.5 is a good play, esp. with the abysmal run record of the Pads?

Back