MLB Tuesday 6/7

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2805
2-1 last - We as gamblers always seem to focus on the moose jobs we get. The last minute basket or TD that beats us when time runs out. The 2 run walk off HR that breaks the spread or total when all we wanted was 1 run scored. And we tend to forget the times we won a game or were saved at the last minute.

Last night I had AZ +2 1/2 runs and they were losing 7-0 with no hope of coming back when the rains stopped the game in the 7th. Just like totals have to go a full 9 innings +runs work the same way. A game I was sure to lose at -260 odds miraculously went as a no bet. I am sure that as many times as we are moosed we get last minute wins the same amount of times. Don't forget to recognize and celebrate those wins because the moose is still waiting to catch us all occasionally as well.

All x50 each overs -140 unders -130

Texas #1 +2 1/2 -260
Texas #2 +2 1/2 -260
- I don't think Cle can sweep a DH let alone win both games by 3 runs. But I also don't think these games will be played because it's supposed to rain all day and evening here so I doubt it will matter. A smarter bet would be to take Texas as a plus money dog straight up in both games but no one ever accused me of being smart.
Cinn ML -140 - Ashcraft looks very solid.
Miami ML -180 - Cabrera looked great in his debut and Adon not bad but hittable. Home team here but go slow because this should be -140 not -180.
Oak +2 1/2 -160 - I don't see a big difference between Irvin and Wright and I sure as hell don't see a reason for Atlanta to be a -240 favorite here.
NYY ML -140 - Taillon worth the reasonable road price.
LA ML -120 - Dodgers at -120? And Kopech had a bad last? Ok, I am not going to load up on this because I always lose those big bets. Time for some self control Wire.
LA ML -120
LA ML -120
LA ML -120
LA ML -120
LA ML -120
Toronto ML -200
- Manoah too tough for KC. Jays winning Royals not. Oh, just bet half your normal on this and move on.

GL

YTD +2805
2-1 last - We as gamblers always seem to focus on the moose jobs we get. The last minute basket or TD that beats us when time runs out. The 2 run walk off HR that breaks the spread or total when all we wanted was 1 run scored. And we tend to forget the times we won a game or were saved at the last minute.

Last night I had AZ +2 1/2 runs and they were losing 7-0 with no hope of coming back when the rains stopped the game in the 7th. Just like totals have to go a full 9 innings +runs work the same way. A game I was sure to lose at -260 odds miraculously went as a no bet. I am sure that as many times as we are moosed we get last minute wins the same amount of times. Don't forget to recognize and celebrate those wins because the moose is still waiting to catch us all occasionally as well.

All x50 each overs -140 unders -130

Texas #1 +2 1/2 -260
Texas #2 +2 1/2 -260
- I don't think Cle can sweep a DH let alone win both games by 3 runs. But I also don't think these games will be played because it's supposed to rain all day and evening here so I doubt it will matter. A smarter bet would be to take Texas as a plus money dog straight up in both games but no one ever accused me of being smart.
Cinn ML -140 - Ashcraft looks very solid.
Miami ML -180 - Cabrera looked great in his debut and Adon not bad but hittable. Home team here but go slow because this should be -140 not -180.
Oak +2 1/2 -160 - I don't see a big difference between Irvin and Wright and I sure as hell don't see a reason for Atlanta to be a -240 favorite here.
NYY ML -140 - Taillon worth the reasonable road price.
LA ML -120 - Dodgers at -120? And Kopech had a bad last? Ok, I am not going to load up on this because I always lose those big bets. Time for some self control Wire.
LA ML -120
LA ML -120
LA ML -120
LA ML -120
LA ML -120
Toronto ML -200
- Manoah too tough for KC. Jays winning Royals not. Oh, just bet half your normal on this and move on.

GL
I had Zona straight up but a lot more on over 9. I thought for sure that was toast...

Good luck today!

:cheers3:

When the Reds game ended it was in the 7th, 7-0 and two men on. The side for Arizona was toast but the total could very well have gone over so it was definitely a legit cancel. Especially in a blowout and that the Reds would have not had Greene return, a couple of their crappy RP would have given up some runs.

Thanks Inzane. I appreciate it. GL

Thanks Gamer. I think you are right it would have gone over. As for Greene, I have to amend my stance on him. He is pitching well and has really cut down the walks. GL

I think the key to Greene is that he is good against bad offenses. That should go without saying, but it's especially apparent with him. Arizona and Pittsburgh being bottom 3 in most offensive categories. The one anomaly would be the Blue Jays, but they haven't been hitting beach balls until the last two weeks. 7 runs scored in that entire series at home against the Reds. Atrocious.

The next time he is pitching he is in St. Louis. Hopefully the lines have made some adjustments for me to comfortably pound the overs and Cards. If he does well then, I'll take the L and move on and admit he's getting better. It will take me a while to get over that Milwaukee game where he was giving up meatballs and walks left, right and center.

If Greene turns around plus Castillo plus the kid they have going tonight who's been pretty good. Then Mahle who has a history of decent performance. They could move up the team ERA rankings from #30 quick. Which is unfortunate because I have a season bet under 72.5 wins +120 odds which was looking REAL good a month ago. Now not so much.

I think the key to Greene is that he is good against bad offenses. That should go without saying, but it's especially apparent with him. Arizona and Pittsburgh being bottom 3 in most offensive categories. The one anomaly would be the Blue Jays, but they haven't been hitting beach balls until the last two weeks. 7 runs scored in that entire series at home against the Reds. Atrocious.

The next time he is pitching he is in St. Louis. Hopefully the lines have made some adjustments for me to comfortably pound the overs and Cards. If he does well then, I'll take the L and move on and admit he's getting better. It will take me a while to get over that Milwaukee game where he was giving up meatballs and walks left, right and center.

If Greene turns around plus Castillo plus the kid they have going tonight who's been pretty good. Then Mahle who has a history of decent performance. They could move up the team ERA rankings from #30 quick. Which is unfortunate because I have a season bet under 72.5 wins +120 odds which was looking REAL good a month ago. Now not so much.
Good stuff.

Good post W2... You gotta remember those lucky comebacks or no bets when you ultimately get screwed another time.

Law of averages applies...

Good points Gamer. When I watch Greene pitch I see he has good stuff. Great point about lower offenses. Some would say Cards fit into that category as well as weaker offenses but I see more control now than he had earlier when he tries to add velocity. I think you are still safe with the under 72 1/2 although Cinn is showing some signs of life. I'll root for you there as I look to fade Cinn more than back them. GL

Thanks B.A.R. I appreciate it. GL

Back