MLB Tuesday 6/13

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +4365
2-0 last
0-1 GS

It's time to retire the GS. It was a nice run, but it has gone 1-3 in the last 4. Even if you remove my less than 15 game stupidity last night the trend is still over. Not enough to convince me to start betting over, because I still think under is the play, but it is time to give it a rest.

All x50 each

Detroit +2 1/2 -130 - Olson is new but has had two pretty solid starts. Strider is one of the best pitchers in MLB but his last was horrible. I know, I know, he will bounce back strong but taking runs at home in this one sounds like a safer way to find out if Strider is healthy or not than just blindly trusting his last start was no worries.
NYY/Mets over 7 - Both starters beat up pretty good in their last. Enough offense with these two that if one has another bad night this sails over.
Wash +2 1/2 -160 - Just because you throw hard like Brown does doesn't mean you are a good pitcher.
LA ML -210 - Will Gonsolin beat Lynn? Yes, I believe he will.

GL

Adapt and overcome, Wire.

Take what they'll give, and good luck today my man...

:cheers3:

I’m starting to watch more baseball as we get to the midpoint. I’m amazed at how bad these hitters are. One rollover after another. Guys refusing to stay inside the ball.
Side note, ever seen such a lifeless NBA Finals? They spread out the games so much there’s no momentum built. We’re gradually seeing $ destroy what used to be a great series.

You can always watch soccer mate. It's basically played every day of the calendar year and even money hasn't ruined it yet

Always Inzane. GL

I agree Wise. Not good hitters at all. Maybe 10% even look like they have ever been there before. NBA? That's played on ice right? GL

Thanks KJ. I was actually asked to coach soccer for my high school about 20 years ago. The principal wanted to start a soccer program at our school. I had to buy a book to even find out how many players were on the field at one time. But lucky for me we had ESL students from all over the world who knew the game better than most Americans and all I had to do was keep them from killing each other. It was hilarious. The kids said when I wanted to replace a player just yell "Sub sir" and the ref would let me. But I thought I could do it at any play stoppage and the ref kept just wagging his finger at me and shaking his head because I kept trying to sub all the time. The prick just kept laughing at me. Finally, I just rolled the ball out there and sat on the sidelines bullshitting with the players until one of them told me to yell "Sub sir!".

We made the playoffs and finished 2nd in the city out of 6 schools. I won coach of the year because we were a first year program. My wife said I should give that award to the kids because they took me by the hand and led me through the entire season. That is a completely true story. GL

Last edited:
You have no idea how much my wife and I laughed when we first saw Lasso. She said honey they made a movie about you! GL

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
I lucked out Sunday cause the early start. Yesterday I don’t like the smaller cards, didn’t like it wasn’t juiced as many runs, most importantly it didht come out till like 5 so I woulda had to rush back across and didn’t love anyways so I been lucky. So I’m not really discouraged, even if you not playing it bro I’d really appreciate you posting the true number and where you think they should put it. I assume for true number you just adding all the totals for the day? If so I can manage myself, lol.

I’m starting to watch more baseball as we get to the midpoint. I’m amazed at how bad these hitters are. One rollover after another. Guys refusing to stay inside the ball.
Side note, ever seen such a lifeless NBA Finals? They spread out the games so much there’s no momentum built. We’re gradually seeing $ destroy what used to be a great series.

Rolling over on ball a improvement for most of them who striking out 25-30% the time! Shit drives me crazy when teams can’t simply get a runner in scoring position less than 2 outs home! It especially maddening in extra innings when they get the gift runner and away team doesn’t score! All they gotta do is bunt guy to 3rd then the d gets drawn in so easy to hit a single thru hole or simply hit a fly ball! Yet inning after inning the home team fails to score just needing the 1 to win! They never god damn bunt! Cause analytics say bunting bad?!??!? Giving away a out is bad! These geniuses used to know moving the winning run over isn’t giving a out away, it playing winning baseball!! Omg it so sad to watch! Managers are afraid they get fired by the math geeks in front office if they ask their guys to play winning baseball! So instead they go up there and strike out on 3 pitches only to watch the next guy fly out, you know what woulda drove in the winning run had you got him to 3rd!! It crazy to me how stupid analytics have made what I’m sure at some point were reasonably smart baseball ppl, we have seen it infect the nfl to insane proportions! Not sure why we can’t treat them for what they are, a tool to help you make the best decision, not the be all end all answer to everything!!

Thanks Bank. Yes true number is just all totals added together. Add 5 1/2 runs to that total and you get the projected actual GS the books post +- 1 to 2 runs. GL

Thanks bank. Yes true number is just all totals added together. Add 5 1/2 runs to that total and you get the projected actual GS the books post +- 1 to 2 runs. GL

Thanks. Seems like it wasn’t juiced up as many runs over the true total the other day, I didn’t like that either. I’ll probably only play them when it is 5+ higher or A day I like a lot of unders. Not gonna play blind but think it be crazy to abandon altogether.

Even if there was a time in any sport analytics were a huge edge at this point everyone using them and treating them like gospel! When everyone reading out the same playbook there is no advantage to doing it! It actually give you a edge thinking outside the box as not only can you play winning baseball without bowing down to the analytics but the fact you know the other teams playbook while they don’t know yours would give a edge!

I absolutely agree with the ridiculous notion that outs are precious and bunts are bad. That is the premier thing that makes Beane an idiot. Runs are precious not outs and you should do whatever you can to score. 1 run wins a game. 27 saved outs winsz nothing.

I'm not giving it up altogether. I bet it on my own today at under 135 1/2 but I'm not posting it every day. It ran wild so me posting now says it will continue but I can't tell people now to play it every day. I also am going to look at what the padding runs is and if it gets to 142 on a 15 game card you can bet i will throw it in here for around 300. GL

I absolutely agree with the ridiculous notion that outs are precious and bunts are bad. That is the premier thing that makes Beane an idiot. Runs are precious not outs and you should do whatever you can to score. 1 run wins a game. 27 saved outs winsz nothing.

I'm not giving it up altogether. I bet it on my own today at under 135 1/2 but I'm not posting it every day. It ran wild so me posting now says it will continue but I can't tell people now to play it every day. I also am going to look at what the padding runs is and if it gets to 142 on a 15 game card you can bet i will throw it in here for around 300. GL

Makes sense, you have done more than enough, if ppl havnt learned to fish on their own at this point tough shit!

And the fucking thing was out at DK an hour ago, but it still isn't up at BOL. Plus BOL is always 2 runs lower than DK so fuck them and the horse they rode in on. I can find the GS at 5 books right now but not at BOL. They are just messing with people. That shit really pisses me off. GL

And the fucking thing was out at DK an hour ago, but it still isn't up at BOL. Plus BOL is always 2 runs lower than DK so fuck them and the horse they rode in on. I can find the GS at 5 books right now but not at BOL. They are just messing with people. That shit really pisses me off. GL

Lol. DK was the one doing it yesterday. They can all kiss my fat ass!

Rolling over on ball an improvement for most of them who striking out 25-30% the time! Shit drives me crazy when teams can’t simply get a runner in scoring position less than 2 outs home! It especially maddening in extra innings when they get the gift runner and away team doesn’t score! All they gotta do is bunt guy to 3rd then the d gets drawn in so easy to hit a single thru hole or simply hit a fly ball! Yet inning after inning the home team fails to score just needing the 1 to win! They never god damn bunt! Cause analytics say bunting bad?!??!? Giving away an out is bad! These geniuses used to know moving the winning run over isn’t giving an out away, it playing winning baseball!! Omg it so sad to watch! Managers are afraid they get fired by the math geeks in front office if they ask their guys to play winning baseball! So instead they go up there and strike out on 3 pitches only to watch the next guy fly out, you know what woulda drove in the winning run had you got him to 3rd!! It crazy to me how stupid analytics have made what I’m sure at some point were reasonably smart baseball ppl, we have seen it infect the nfl to insane proportions! Not sure why we can’t treat them for what they are, a tool to help you make the best decision, not the be all end all answer to everything!!
I saw in the top of the 1st with the Yankees getting a leadoff double refuse to bunt the runner over to 3rd. They know the infield will remain back and concede the run on a ground ball. Makes no sense not to get a cheap run early. Bunting is only bad for the player because it doesn’t compile the power stats for the new contract.
Very possible I could get to the point where I watch very little baseball until September.

Maybe too instead of a blanket every day it will mean more when I do post it because I see a big advantage that day. GL

Another thing I find interesting is DK back to 5.5 runs over their totals I believe (I just did the math super quick in my head, think it right but coulda been a run or 2 off). Anyways, DK totals tend to be on high side so that probably where that extra run or 2 comes from, not them juicing it more, just their added up totals a bit higher cause they shade things to over! When I did the math on my score app (not sure where they get lines from but they clearly lower than DK’s!) it came to like 128ish! So lot of value at 135.5 I think assuming my quick in my head math was correct, usually is! Lol.

I saw in the top of the 1st with the Yankees getting a leadoff double refuse to bunt the runner over to 3rd. They know the infield will remain back and concede the run on a ground ball. Makes no sense not to get a cheap run early. Bunting is only bad for the player because it doesn’t compile the power stats for the new contract.
Very possible I could get to the point where I watch very little baseball until September.

Im already there, baseball seems to go out their way to stay off most thr streaming platforms other than some random stupid start time game, if they don’t want to make it easily accessible to me just cause I don’t want cable or satellite I don’t much give a shit as I don’t need to watch! I tried paying for the mlb package before and it became obvious very fast I couldn’t watch that much baseball to be worth it! only reason I didn’t hate it cause it was nice having Vin Scully silky voice put me to sleep! Lol. I can stream on one site or another if I really want to watch but even games I do that I usually stop by 5th! I’ll listen on radio sometimes or track pitches but I don’t care to watch all that much.

Im already there, baseball seems to go out their way to stay off most thr streaming platforms other than some random stupid start time game, if they don’t want to make it easily accessible to me just cause I don’t want cable or satellite I don’t much give a shit as I don’t need to watch! I tried paying for the mlb package before and it became obvious very fast I couldn’t watch that much baseball to be worth it! only reason I didn’t hate it cause it was nice having Vin Scully silky voice put me to sleep! Lol. I can stream on one site or another if I really want to watch but even games I do that I usually stop by 5th! I’ll listen on radio sometimes or track pitches but I don’t care to watch all that much.
Only reason why I pay for it is for the September pennant race. This is the last year though. There’s enough ways now to view a game. Radio is always an option too

Aw c'mon Bank. I don't think you have a fat ass. That is interesting about their (DK) generally higher game totals. I never thought of that. I just assumed they were padding the GS more than BOL. Good stuff. Damn I miss Vin Scully telling those stories. GL

I hear you Wise. Yanks and Mets in trouble. I pay as well but I jump around a lot between games. I like radio when I drive but I need to see these guys throw and hit on TV. And the reason this shit makes no sense to you about not bunting and moving the runner is because you played the game. Most anyone who played the game tends to question analytics. Well, Beanes' analytics. That other stuff OPS, launch angle, bat speed is just stat padding by the league. GL

Aw c'mon Bank. I don't think you have a fat ass. That is interesting about their (DK) generally higher game totals. I never thought of that. I just assumed they were padding the GS more than BOL. Good stuff. Damn I miss Vin Scully telling those stories. GL

I hear you Wise. Yanks and Mets in trouble. I pay as well but I jump around a lot between games. I like radio when I drive but I need to see these guys throw and hit on TV. And the reason this shit makes no sense to you about not bunting and moving the runner is because you played the game. Most anyone who played the game tends to question analytics. Well, Beanes' analytics. That other stuff OPS, launch angle, bat speed is just stat padding by the league. GL
I’m such a sports junkie I have to watch. Lol. Preseason football coming soon!

Only reason why I pay for it is for the September pennant race. This is the last year though. There’s enough ways now to view a game. Radio is always an option too

In ways I prefer listening on radio, I’m mostly distracted doing other stuff anyways so when it on tv im usually not watching all that close, I mostly prefer radio guys, and I’m not getting pissed off at every strike the ump calls a ball! Lol

GL on the Yankees over. This team has about 5 bad minor leaguers in their lineup. Judge is out, Alonso is out for the Mets. Mets looking like a ship ready to sink.

Seems to be about the norm with mutts no matter how much money gets thrown at the team! they better be careful, obviously they not catching the Braves but they got other problems, not only are Phillies starting to play better ball but nobody talking bout fish who still have a winning record. Out west I don’t think snakes going anywhere so between them and la their goes at least one the wild cards. I fully expect Philly to be above .500 by asb, the pads could still wake up, they starting to hit this month. not real sure which way the fish go but their pitching good enough to hang around. All a sudden there only gonna be one spot for a middling .500 type team.

OMG preseason football. Is that true Wise? I didn't know they had a preseason. They just don't play football until September. GL :)

I like the radio too Bank. I agree with everything you said but don't count out the Snakes. And the Pads are going nowhere until they fire their coach. Not that he's bad but they need a change to change the clubhouse dynamic. GL

OMG preseason football. Is that true Wise? I didn't know they had a preseason. They just don't play football until September. GL :)

I like the radio too Bank. I agree with everything you said but don't count out the Snakes. And the Pads are going nowhere until they fire their coach. Not that he's bad but they need a change to change the clubhouse dynamic. GL
At least the NFL went from 4 exhibitions to 3. With a 17 week season it’s crazy to see any starters in the month of August but some do it.

Thanks Cash. Always appreciated. GL

Wise, I can't believe you are talking football in the middle of baseball season. You could get burned at the stake for that. GL

I dunno if he will bounce back strong but for future reference for whatever reason the muts actually hit strider really well, I don’t believe he has ever made it past 5 innings vs them and they have blown him up on several occasions. Go figure, Mets can’t hit anyone but one the best pitchers in the league they tee off on practically every time they face him! (They still managed to lose cause they always lose to the Braves!!). I dunno if they have a tell on him tipping pitches or just one those things where they pick him up really well?

Back