MLB Tuesday 5/24

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +29.4

MLB 2-2 = -1.5
NHL 1-0 = +3
AFL 1-0 = +3

Thanks for the responses yesterday. GL

KJ said he would like to see a rant for entertainment. It's not like I am mad at the whole world and I can just trot one of those out for your amusement. I am not just some grumpy old man. I have feelings too you know. (sob)

A rant ..........

I'm watching the NBA game last night and with 4 seconds left the Cavs call a timeout. Toronto had just scored and before they in bound the ball Cleveland calls timeout. Then when they do inbound they get the ball in the front court. Makes a big difference whether they have to dribble that extra 45 feet or can just inbound to a set play in the front court. And no one ever questioned this? Doesn't this smack of too much control of the game? Can you say fixed?

Also, I have the Time Warner extra innings package that costs about 4 million dollars a month. But it does allow me to watch every game played in MLB that day. Because of this I jump around a lot from game to game. Problem is, and you don't notice this as much when you are watching one game, but they always show the present batter getting a big hit from like 1964. So I jump to a game and here is this guy hitting a HR and I'm thinking great more runs! But the hit they are showing is from last Tuesday. And then of course the fucker always hits into a double play with the next pitch. I hate that shit.

Finally, and I have said this before, announcers would you please stop with the shadows bullshit? You hear it in every afternoon game ever played. Some fucking idiot who never picked up a bat goes on and on when the shadow is across home plate but the pitcher is still in the sun. "There is no way under these conditions that the hitter can see to hit." Well I hit in those conditions and you can see fine but non playing announcers think it is logical you can't see so they spew on and on about it. And if the announcer is a former player they are still going on and on about this but they have to cover the mike because they are both laughing so hard while they say it. Perfect example is the game #1 of the Cle/Chw DH yesterday. End of the 4th and the announcers are going ape shit because of the shadows. "No way anyone is hitting now for a few innings." Problem is both teams combined for 5 runs and like 12 hits in the 5th. Just shut up about this bullshit PLEASE!

All for 3 units each.

Miami +100

Cubs/STL over 7 -140

CHW -180

Pitt/TB under 5 1/2 (NHL)

Atl/NY over 154 (WNBA) Note: This game goes at 11 am.

LA/Chi over 167 (WNBA)

GL

KJ said he would like to see a rant for entertainment. It's not like I am mad at the whole world and I can just trot one of those out for your amusement. I am not just some grumpy old man. I have feelings too you know. (sob)

A rant ..........

Wow, 3 rants, what a great day this sets up to be!

The timeout with 4 seconds left was brilliant, gave me time for an extra shot of tequila while I tried to take in the fact that Toronto just beat the Cavs twice. Needed it even though they were down 6. And the BS replays, usually gets me in hockey or soccer when a goal is the difference in an over just to find out it was 20 minutes ago, but same concept. What's funny is when they do that at the bar during NFL and some fantasy guy goes crazy when his guy scores a TD just to find out it's a highlight.

GL today :cheers3:

haha, love it....everytime a guy strikes out looking I think of you :cheers3:

Wire rants never get old...ever. Would love to hear your take on the Odor situation. Haven't been around much and didn't really see it mentioned much on here?

Guessing your winding down your "consulting" job for the summer break? Hope your doing well.

GL

After once again bowing to your superior knowledge in the sport, I thank you for the two winners in the beaver ball.

:cheers3:

Back