MLB Tuesday 5/2

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +3220
3-1 last - That worked
0-1 GS - That didn't

Thanks Bank. I agree Soto is better protected than any hitter in the league. I just think he will end the year around .250 with maybe 25 HR's. We will see. But I do agree he is capable of much more. GL

Posting update: The wife and I will be going to NYC Friday for the TD Bike Tour they have the first Sunday in May every year. I will be home Sunday night and posting again only for Monday and Tuesday as I then go back to Montreal Wednesday to return Sunday 5/14.I won't be posting from NYC or Montreal but I will be back posting Monday 5/15.

The TD Bike Tour is really pretty cool. NYC closes certain streets from 7am to 3pm. Starting in the lower west side of Manhattan you ride around 40 miles travelling through all 5 boroughs and ending in Staten Island. Each borough has live music playing as you pass through then there are rest stops where you get free bagels, fruit, and water before going on to the next one. It is the greatest way to see the sites of NY without any traffic.It is a tour not a race so you can travel at your own speed.

Bicycles only no motorized bicycles or vehicles allowed. Sign up is every year in January and you have to act fast when sign ups open because they fill up the waves of riders very fast. About 32,000 riders are there every year in 4 waves of 8,000. It starts pretty crowded but spaces out quickly after about the first mile. I completed the ride about 7 years ago but now I only go about 20 miles or so then I stop and they have busses that pick up riders and their bikes that don't want to continue and take them to the finish line area.

The ride costs around $100 per person and all proceeds go to buy bicycles for kids and people in need in NYC. We always stay on Staten Island because not only is that the end of the tour but hotels are a shit ton cheaper than trying to stay in Manhattan. We train for this in April by riding from 3 miles to start working our way up to 10 miles at a time. That's enough even though the tour is 40 miles because you are stopping and most of the ride is flat. Except for the Verrazzano bridge which is the very last bridge into Staten Island at the finish. Most people walk that. We won't talk about that though. We do it with another couple and you really should try it if you own a bicycle. Your significant other will love you for it and if this old man can do it you can.

All x50 each

Atl/Miami over 7 - Elder bad last and Alcantara very generous.
Mets ML -150 - Luchessi not great but he is better than Lorenzen.
Cle/NYY over 6 1/2 - Both these starters can be hit.
Toronto ML -130 - Not a fan of Kikuchi but he is going much better than Houck
Minn ML -160 - Ryan looks very solid and Kopech walks too many that come back to haunt him.
AZ ML -140 - Gallen should be good enough to get this done.
Cinn +2 1/2 -200 - Ashcraft is actually very solid. Can't say the same about Wacha. Cinn may not win although they are a live dog but can stay close here
Seattle ML -130 - Just a nice road odds bet here against the worst team in baseball. Quite possibly the worst team in the history of baseball. Billy Beane should be so proud.

Pitchers are all over the place so I doubt I will be back for the GS. I will look at it but......

I could be back for an over on Pitt/TB when that number comes out. GL

Thanks for posting about the Bike tour…..didn’t know about it even though I’ve been living in NYC for over 30 years…..

Like the Minnesota play…..cws last 7 wins ends with a lost the next game…..they just had their 8th win…..going with the trend….

that cool the proceeds buy bikes for poor kids. Every kid should have a bike!!

Sucks pads drawing a pitcher I like in Ashcraft right when I’m wanting to play on them, sucks even more Ashcraft the kind of pitcher I love who pitches to contact so the analytic crowd hates him and always drives lines playing against him (already up 20 cents or so since open!) I usually love it but not here where I was hoping to back pads, I damn sure not laying -190 on wacha tho! I might look at pads team total again, havnt decided yet but they did chew up reds pen last night so if they can get Ashcraft out they should score some runs. Also think this a tough lineup for a kid who throws mostly only 2 pitches, these guys might be too good for him to get thru the heart of order 3x, although he was able to hold Braves to 2 runs in 6 innings, this a tough one for me. Lol.

Alcontera hasn’t been as good this year, dunno if it just early or going deep so often last year wore him out a bit? Or it could be the clock is hampering him? Both teams seeing starter for 2nd straight. Hate overs in this park but I have hit a few this year, makes sense to me.

I never liked kikucki but he has cut his walks way down the season, he still prone to giving up a bomb or 2 but those don’t hurt so bad wjen they solo shots opposed to coming after you put 2 guys on! He a damn tough pitcher when he has command!

I havnt looked into the pitcher much but not sure how I won’t be joining you on seattle. I’m all bout fading oak every game we get reasonable odds, they won 5 games last month!! Lol.

Gl and enjoy the trip!

Sounds good number2. I didn't know you were in NYC. Cool. GL

Bank I think you might be right about Alcantara and the clock. I would bet the same thing applies to LA's Urias. He's struggling as well. I agree with you have to mostly fade Oak. Thanks. GL

ADDING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Pitt +2 1/2 -220 - Changed my mind on the over as it came out 8 1/2 before buying anything and Contreras too tough for me to go over even 8 in this park. I think hot Pirates can hang close enough to cash this. In fact, Pitt a very live dog at +150 going against Guerra who is not good. Probably a quick hook on him tonight but Pitt could jump him and win outright because both teams are rolling.

Still waiting for GS even though I said I probably won't play it. Saw a 150 at BM and was ready to empty my account on the under then saw it was -150 for the away runs and the total hadn't been posted yet. The actual added totals for all games is 129 so you can see why I got excited at the prospect of 150 as the GS total. Even the books aren't crazy enough to pad the total by 21 runs. GL

ADDING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Grand Salami over 135 -330/+300 - I have no reason for making this bet. None. 129 is the added totals of all games so even padding it by only 6 1/2 runs isn't a good reason to bet over. There are some good pitchers throwing tonight but there are also some gas cans. I truly have no good reason for this. I am doing really well on all my single bets, so something is screaming at me to set the GS on the ground and back slowly away from it until July.

Fuck it. Maybe just one more tonight. GL

Wire BOL tonight and that Bike Tour sounds really fun and for a great cause!

Back