MLB Tuesday 4/29

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +158.3

Last post
3-1 = +7.8
Parlays = +3

From yesterday ..... Cruse, When I cap MLB games I am going by starting pitcher first and foremost. Then I will look at how the teams did against those certain pitchers, how they have been scoring recently in the series, scoring against each other this year, against everyone and so on. The umpire will determine if I want to go big or small on the bet but by themselves umps don't influence my bets. Many take only the umps as an indicator and make their bets based on ump tendencies. The biggest danger in that is that even though the ump is a dead under ump if the starting pitchers suck the game will go over. The opposite is also true that if an ump is dead over in his tendency but the starters have been lights out their last 3 starts that game is going under despite the ump tendency. That should start a firestorm of disagreement but that is how I look at it. If I cap a game under and the ump leans under then I'll add a unit or two to the bet. But if I cap over I really don't care who the ump is or what his tendency is.

To answer your question "Would you assume another under based on umps for Sunday games?" I would have to say although it's not wrong thinking for me it doesn't apply because I have to see the starters first. For me to go over or under in the Grand Salami I have to see at least 3/4 of the starters either sucking or in the groove. Hope that helps. GL

All for 3 units each.

Pitt/Balt over 7 -170

Atlanta/Miami over 5 -180 (Over 5 any pitchers, any umps, any park, every time)

Texas ML -110

Detroit ML -140

LA ML -160

Cleveland/Ana under 9 -170

SD/SF over 6 -180

Parlay:

Texas ML -110
Detroit ML -140
LA ML -160

-3/+13

GL

Last edited:
GL Wire, I look at the pitchers first as well. Umps don't swing the bat or throw the ball.

I agree on your take on the umpires. I used to be a professional umpire. I worked with or instructed at umpire school with all the new umpires in mlb. These guys don't look at lines or over unders. They umpire the game as it is played. Any trend people want to find is because of how the game has been played. I don't care what anyone says. I've been there.

As it happens I am looking at a big dog today. Look some more and see if you see it. BOL

Thanks wire. Good write up, enjoyed reading it and best of luck. I'll be following your input to these games threw out the season :shake:

Thanks Key. GL

Thanks Cash. GL

Tuck, the only dog side I almost took was MLW at +140. It was on the short list but I passed. I glanced at SD as well but the one that came closest for me was MLW. GL

I use some tools you do not which point heavily at Seattle. Not a bet yet but I think its going to be one. BOL

Interesting Tuck. I looked at Seattle but why I passed is although Young has been decent in his last two scoring wise he has allowed a ton of walks. I also don't like that Young has allowed light hitting Hou and Mia to go deep on him. CC is coming off two very good starts where he allowed only 2 runs apiece to Boston and TB. I don't disagree that Seattle could win I am just saying why I passed them. GL

i use days rest.
Sabathia on 4 days rest this season
is 1-1 with an ERA of 5.54
His last 2 games 5 and 6 days rest he is back on 4 tonight
Young this season gave no runs on his first game 2 innings no runs
Had 6 days rest and gave 6 innings no runs and his last 2 starts were on 4 days rest and gave up 7 runs and is back on 5 days rest which I think may help him
Seattle this season playing off 1 day off is 4-0
Seattle last 10 at NY is 5-5
Batter vs Pitcher shows Ichiro and McCann as the only ones that have really seen and hit him

i use days rest.
Sabathia on 4 days rest this season
is 1-1 with an ERA of 5.54
His last 2 games 5 and 6 days rest he is back on 4 tonight
Young this season gave no runs on his first game 2 innings no runs
Had 6 days rest and gave 6 innings no runs and his last 2 starts were on 4 days rest and gave up 7 runs and is back on 5 days rest which I think may help him
Seattle this season playing off 1 day off is 4-0
Seattle last 10 at NY is 5-5
Batter vs Pitcher shows Ichiro and McCann as the only ones that have really seen and hit him

That couldn't have been better. Thank you

:shake:

Back