MLB - Tuesday 4/16

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
SEASON: 50-38, +23.111 Units
YESTERDAY: 1-1, +0.75 Units

Good morning. Still completely heartbroken over what happened in Boston yesterday. I lived there for three years and it's such a great community and regardless of the community, this was such a senseless and cowardly act. WTF is wrong with people and the world these days? It's truly a sick world and a different world our children will grop up in and it's sickening.

I guess I am glad to have baseball as a distraction....I must be off to a good start, as a "pay for" tout is having one of his aliases harass me on Twitter telling me I suck and I don't know what I am doing. Too funny. As I mentioned yesterday, I guess I'd be pissed too if I owned a third rate restaurant and someone stood out front giving away free lobster tails and filet mignon. LOL

Anyway, on to today.

KANSAS CITY +170 (1.25 UNITS) - While we all know that Kris Medlen was on a 23 game win streak as a starter at one point, it came to an end in his first start this year. He is still sharp but Jeremy Guthrie is way below the radar and hardly anyone realizes the Royals are 12-1 in his L13 starts. This is a good KC team and this line is way out of whack for me to pass upon.

DETROIT -145 (0.75 UNITS)
DETROIT -1.5 RUNS (+115) (0.75 UNITS)*

The two plays combined are kind of similar to laying 1 run here but I didn't wieght the two plays exactly to balance out. Harang was absolutely torched in Spring Training allowing 28 hits and 20 runs in 18.7 innings and now has to adjust to the better hitting league. Fister has looked solid in his first2 starts. The Tigers are 13-5 in his L18 starts and he blanked the Mariners at Safeco last season over 7 innings.

COLORADO -133 (GAME 1) (Gee and Nicasio) -133 (1.25 UNITS)

MILWAUKEE -108 (1.25 UNITS)

OVER STL/PITT 8.5 RUNS (-110) (1.25 UNITS)

OVER TB/BALT 9 RUNS (-120) (1.25 UNITS)

ARIZONA +114 (1.25 UNITS)

ANGELS -126 (1.25 UNITS)

WHITE SOX +150 (1 UNIT)

UNDER METS/COL Game 2 (Laffey and Francis) 10.5 (-115) (1.25 Units)

* For record keeping purposes, in correlated plays, if they end up with the same result, I count them as 1 win or 1 loss and obviously the units are accounted for on each bet.

Last edited:
Already have kc & ur write up is making me wonder why the hell i wasnt on Det! Think ill join. Harang is done

So sad:

The bombing claimed the life of Martin Richard, an eight-year-old boy from Dorchester whose mother and sister were grievously injured. He was the son of Bill Richard, a community leader from Dorchester’s Ashmont neighborhood, officials said. Television station WHDH said Martin's mother and sister are in the hospital. The mother had surgery for a brain injury the station described as "serious." The sister, who is six years old, lost one of her legs. The family was there to watch Bill Richard finish the race.

Just read this post on Deadspin from a guy known as BeerGeek and it filled my eyes with tears:

I was eating dinner with the wife and son yesterday. Trying to get my 3 year old excited about our trip to Disney next week. A beautiful family moment ensued, the way he talked about what he wanted to take with him for Mickey, what he wanted to do, etc. Then I read this right now. My first thoughts are about a similar family dinner the night before at the Richard household, planning on going to see the Boston Marathon. All the excitement. A wonderful family moment. And a day later, an 8 year old is dead, a little girl loses her leg and the mom has a serious brain injury. I cannot think straight right now. Horrific.

The world continues to change for the worse before our eyes...thanks for sharing your thoughts, Gamer.

This is just awful... I can't help but be sad and mad at the same time. Innocent children having been victimized brings tears to my eyes.

GL today GH. Happy to say that I lean the same way in all three games.

As for Boston yesterday, I almost feel like I have to black it out of my mind. If I don't all I will do is think about my daughters and if this happened to them, and I would go insane.

I think what an evil murderous act like this really shows us is how truly defenseless we are as a free society. It shows us that no matter how vigilant we are, no matter how much we think we are protected by police, etc., in reality we aren't ever truly safe. Our country may be the greatest on earth because of the "freedoms" we enjoy but we have to realize that, I unfortunately, those very freedoms put us at risk for these types of tragedies.

ADDED ABOVE:

ADDED ABOVE:

Any reason why the Brew Crew, they haven't fare to well vs LHP this year... Wiley, Corbin, Wood, Garica all shut down the Brewers bats....Zito one of the hottest pitcher this year...Giants might be a big public play tonight and the line is moving down may worry me some RLM

I guess I am glad to have baseball as a distraction....I must be off to a good start, as a "pay for" tout is having one of his aliases harass me on Twitter telling me I suck and I don't know what I am doing. Too funny. As I mentioned yesterday, I guess I'd be pissed too if I owned a third rate restaurant and someone stood out front giving away free lobster tails and filet mignon. LOL

That's great! Keep crushing dude.

:rofl:

Any reason why the Brew Crew, they haven't fare to well vs LHP this year... Wiley, Corbin, Wood, Garica all shut down the Brewers bats....Zito one of the hottest pitcher this year...Giants might be a big public play tonight and the line is moving down may worry me some RLM

Zito's two gems came at home. The last 3 years his ERA is 1.5 runs higher on the road at 5.12. His ERA vs. Milw the L3 yrs is 5.27 with a 1.92 WHIP. Ramirez, Braun, Gonzalez and Lucroy are 15-46 (.329) off Zito with an alarming 7 HRs. Giants have been playing sloppy ball of late. Think the Brewers gained some confidence after the come from behind win at St. Louis on Sunday.

Can't count aramis in there, but I do lean your way on the overs and think the mil one gets there too

It pays to do the right thing. I was at the red sox game yesterday (i have been going to Patriots Day games for the last 10 years). After the game I found an iphone in the bleachers. So I called the last number dialed. It took me a while to find the person who's phone it actually was. I ended up meeting her out side gate C. She was so happy she gave me a $20 for finding it. I didnt want the $20 but she insisted. After the game we headed down towards the finish line to get something to eat and drink like we normal do on Patriots Day. We were a block away from the 2nd bomb when it went off. If I decided to keep the phone or not try to find the owner I could have been killed.

It pays to do the right thing. I was at the red sox game yesterday (i have been going to Patriots Day games for the last 10 years). After the game I found an iphone in the bleachers. So I called the last number dialed. It took me a while to find the person who's phone it actually was. I ended up meeting her out side gate C. She was so happy she gave me a $20 for finding it. I didnt want the $20 but she insisted. After the game we headed down towards the finish line to get something to eat and drink like we normal do on Patriots Day. We were a block away from the 2nd bomb when it went off. If I decided to keep the phone or not try to find the owner I could have been killed.

Unreal story. Great to have u here.

WOW!!!! Awesome story. I believe in karma.....I believe in always doing the right thing. So glad, u r ok!

OMG... unbelievable..

Thank God you are ok..

:thumbsup2:

Just since bases started. How are you doing so far, Gyno? Been hearing good things about your baseball picks to this point.

good start thus far.. Glad to see you here..

I think this place is more your style.. GL

I know Johnson is having location issues right now but white sox with least walks in majors... main reason for white sox just a lack in confidence of johnson current form? Agree with most just looking for insight where I don't. Thanks in advance.... and keep it rolling

I know Johnson is having location issues right now but white sox with least walks in majors... main reason for white sox just a lack in confidence of johnson current form? Agree with most just looking for insight where I don't. Thanks in advance.... and keep it rolling

Toronto now without Reyes and tonight, no Bautista. Johnson struggling not just with command but flat out getting raked. If this game was EVEN, of course I would say the the Bluejays, but at -160, the value is there for the White Sox. This game should be -135 to -140 at best IMO. At -160, with Bautista and Reyes, would this game be close to -200 with so much uncertainty about Johnson?

SEASON: 54-42, +23.2535 Units
YESTERDAY: 4-4, +0.1425 Units

A lot of work today for a negligible profit but it beats losing.

When you consider the PIT/stl game was looking good before they called it, I'd say it was a very solid card. Thanks again!

SEASON: 54-42, +23.2535 Units
YESTERDAY: 4-4, +0.1425 Units

A lot of work today for a negligible profit but it beats losing.

That Cardinals rain out was a real bummer. Turned a profit into basically a push. But like you said a win is a win. Let's just assume the game was going to be a no hitter from then on and that'll make it feel better :hello:

Back