MLB Tuesday 10/31

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +540
1-0 last

Going to be an interesting game tonight. I am hearing and seeing a lot of "experts" saying this series is completely over and before the teams take the field they should just give the trophy to Houston and not waste anyone's time. I'm not so sure.

Verlander is better than Hill. No one can argue that. But the Dodgers weren't really hitting when they first faced Verlander. Will that make a difference since Houston has been pounding hell out of the ball all series? Probably not something to sway you to LA's side. But I'm thinking either Houston has to score early and often or Verlander throws a complete game because the Houston closer Giles is horrible. Oh, and no one can argue that as he has allowed 5 earned runs while getting only 5 outs in the entire series. That's 5 earned runs he put on and allowed to score NOT inherited runners. 1 run allowed for every out. That's really, really bad. Now will that be a serious issue in this series? Maybe not but it is a possible problem for Houston.

The ump tonight leans home team 21-7. That could help LA.

Any sign of trouble at all for Hill and they will pull him quickly. That's very bad as both bullpens have been horrible this series. What am I saying here? Verlander should go a long way but if any team has to go to their pen early run to live betting and bet the other side. BOTH pens have been bad.

And finally with my all the sarcasm I can muster, remember this is a MUST game for LA. MUST WIN or they are done. Over. Out of the series. That means it doesn't matter who is pitching LA will rise up and win this game because they HAVE to!!!!!! Always happens that way right? Especially in baseball. That's why every world series or just playoff series ever played always goes 7 games. All they have to do is WANT it more than Houston.

God, anyone you ever hear say that bullshit just slap them for being fucking stupid.

So what does this mean for betting?

Houston +100 (10 units)

I don't think you can make Houston a dog with Verlander on the mound against Hill. Have to take the even money. Even if (actually ESPECIALLY if) you are a Dodgers fan.

Hou/LA over 7 -130 (10 units)

First sign of trouble and Hill is gone means Houston could very easliy score 8 themselves if they get into the LA pen early enough. And even without that 3-3 is not beyond possible even with Verlander.

GL

Giles is bad no doubt, but Jansen has blown 2 saves this series or LA would be champs.

I doubl you see much relievers as starters will be coming in relief. Hill, then Maeda

Verlander has had unbelievable run but a lot of pitches adding up and on road he's not as good on road.
Stros 26-27 vs LHP on year
LA 15-5 after off day
Ironically both teams 18-7 interleague

I'll take Dodgers and their dumb ass manager...if they find a way to win the series, I can't think of a worse series winning manager than Roberts.

Have to take over the way ball been jumping
  • 911 Houston Astros/Los Angeles Dodgers* Over 7½ +110
  • 912 Los Angeles Dodgers* -129 vs Houston Astros
Going into this series the Dodgers were 98-0 when leading after 7 this season and they have lost 2 so far this series....:angrytomato:

Back