MLB Tuesday 10/3

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2095
1-0 last

Ok lots to talk about in MLB. First off, I agree with Wiseplayer that this years wild cards aren't very exciting. But I would contend that none of MLB teams are very exciting. Where Wise and I disagree is that he is in favor of the expanded playoffs to include more teams. Being a traditionalist and old fucker, I don't like more teams. In my view more shit doesn't make for better playoffs and all these teams are shit. Are games shorter? Yes. But less of something doesn't make it better. And the rules changes to help the hitters? The bottom line is these guys can't hit. Couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. I have never seen in 70 years hitting this bad. The only thing that makes these games mildly worth watching is pitching is also the worst I have ever seen. No sane person would watch these games or even the World series instead of football. Or Hockey. Or basketball. Or badminton. But despite all that I am going to post my bets in here because that's what CTG pays me to do. And before you go freaking out saying CTG pays Wire to post????? Yeah, they pay me sweet fuck all.

First, series predictions and I have never been right about these in the past so why would I be right now?

TB over Texas - TB pitching is too good and Texas hitting has fallen off. Rays scoring has been impressive recently.
Minn over Toronto - Taking a flyer here as I like Lopez and Gray better than Gausmann and Berrios or whoever they throw. Toronto has offense troubles and they sometimes just don't show up. Did I mention I am usually wrong when I make these series predictions?
MLW over AZ - Coming off a 4 game losing streak the snakes are crawling into the playoffs and they are starting Pfaadt the first game?
Miami over Philly - Talk about sketchy offense Philly has all of that and more. Arreaz being out has hurt but Miami has a very good team.

Before I post my bets keep one thing in mind. When you hear someone on TV or anywhere say this or that pitcher hasn't looked good recently but watch out because these are the playoffs ignore them. There is no magic switch for pitchers just because of the playoffs. What you have seen from them in the 3 games before their last start is what you will see in the playoffs. Why not the last start? Because he may have been just cruising in that last start.

All x50 each

Tempted to take the home team in all games except for Miami but I am going to go this way instead because the odds are less and to me it's safer.

Texas/TB over 7
Toronto/Minn over 7
AZ/MLW over 7
Miami/Philly over 7

GL

Nice writeup. For me an expanded postseason like what we have now can be very rewarding if we have quality teams. Come Wednesday we’ll have a guaranteed 4 game elimination day, followed by Thursdays IF necessary games. I like this opposed to 1 game wildcards.
I’m surprised that you like Miami in this series. Looking forward to that series going 3 games. I think Philly scary team for the Braves. I’ll be dabbling on those low overs as well for beer $. GL!

Last edited:
I agree that these series are much better than 1 game and out. That was really stupid. I didn't go into the next series, but I don't think it matters much. I see LA and Atlanta moving on to the pennant no matter who they face in the next round. I think TB can beat Balt but Toronto can't. I think Hou has to be smiling their ass off as they seem to have the easiest path to the finals unless they face TB for the pennant. Then they will have to earn it. GL

YTD +2095
1-0 last

Ok lots to talk about in MLB. First off, I agree with Wiseplayer that this years wild cards aren't very exciting. But I would contend that none of MLB teams are very exciting. Where Wise and I disagree is that he is in favor of the expanded playoffs to include more teams. Being a traditionalist and old fucker, I don't like more teams. In my view more shit doesn't make for better playoffs and all these teams are shit. Are games shorter? Yes. But less of something doesn't make it better. And the rules changes to help the hitters? The bottom line is these guys can't hit. Couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. I have never seen in 70 years hitting this bad. The only thing that makes these games mildly worth watching is pitching is also the worst I have ever seen. No sane person would watch these games or even the World series instead of football. Or Hockey. Or basketball. Or badminton. But despite all that I am going to post my bets in here because that's what CTG pays me to do. And before you go freaking out saying CTG pays Wire to post????? Yeah, they pay me sweet fuck all.

First, series predictions and I have never been right about these in the past so why would I be right now?

TB over Texas - TB pitching is too good and Texas hitting has fallen off. Rays scoring has been impressive recently.
Minn over Toronto - Taking a flyer here as I like Lopez and Gray better than Gausmann and Berrios or whoever they throw. Toronto has offense troubles and they sometimes just don't show up. Did I mention I am usually wrong when I make these series predictions?
MLW over AZ - Coming off a 4 game losing streak the snakes are crawling into the playoffs and they are starting Pfaadt the first game?
Miami over Philly - Talk about sketchy offense Philly has all of that and more. Arreaz being out has hurt but Miami has a very good team.

Before I post my bets keep one thing in mind. When you hear someone on TV or anywhere say this or that pitcher hasn't looked good recently but watch out because these are the playoffs ignore them. There is no magic switch for pitchers just because of the playoffs. What you have seen from them in the 3 games before their last start is what you will see in the playoffs. Why not the last start? Because he may have been just cruising in that last start.

All x50 each

Tempted to take the home team in all games except for Miami but I am going to go this way instead because the odds are less and to me it's safer.

Texas/TB over 7
Toronto/Minn over 7
AZ/MLW over 7
Miami/Philly over 7

GL
If you’re getting paid I want my piece for recruitping you to post here years ago. I will forego ant interest due to me because that’s the kind of guy I am

I got what you meant Wise. Must be all those years we have confused each other with our posts it's all starting to make sense in our advanced age. GL

Very big of you Cash. It is true you told me to come here to post after WCS died but it was Cantpickmynose who first got me to sign up here in 2006 about 4 years after I joined Covers. He asked me to join back then and check his new site out. So, I owe both of you a % of my ongoing paycheck from here. Let's see....... I figure I owe 10% each to you both and since CTG pays me around $5,000 a month I owe each of you $500 a month? Sound about right? GL

Thanks Inzane. Always appreciated. GL

I can see it now. One of the partners will come in here and say:

"Wiretowire does NOT get paid for posting here. It is just the rantings of a senile old man. So quit asking us for money!"

:rofl: GL

I should spell check more often. Meant to say Phillies are the scary team.

I played them 35-1 at asb last year to win WS, was I a year early? Imo they the only team in nl who has a chance vs Braves. (I’m a huge dodger hater and always expect them to choke! Although they not being talked bout much this year, maybe that makes them more dangerous?).

Back